Private Attorneys General Act (PAGA) Attorney in Bakersfield
The Private Attorneys General Act is a very specific type of claim. A Private Attorneys General Act allows employees in Bakersfield to report any violations that their employer has violated. The employee is essentially considered a private attorney general and could report to their employer. This was initially acted to keep a watch on employers and make sure that employers do not violate any laws.
Ride Share Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Trip and Fall Accident
Ride Share Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Trip and Fall Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
A Private Attorneys General Act claim is different than a standard employment lawsuit. For example, an employment lawsuit for workplace discrimination or workplace retaliation has several different steps when compared to a Private Attorneys General Act claim.
Contact our Bakersfield Private Attorneys General Act lawyers to see how you can hold your employer responsible for any violations at your Bakersfield workplace.
History of the Private Attorneys General Act
The Private Attorneys General Act was enacted in 2004. California had very extensive labor laws that protected the employees. An example could include minimum wage laws and meal break laws. But, state agencies began to worry because they noticed several violations among employers. They wanted to encourage reporting among employees, and so enacted this act to make sure that all employers follow labor laws properly.
Can I file a lawsuit under the Private Attorneys General Act?
In order to file a lawsuit against your Bakersfield employer under the Private Attorneys General Act, you must be an employee who has suffered from the company’s violations. An employee is different from an independent contractor since an employee must be one whose work is under the control of an employer.
Could I recover compensation by filing a Private Attorneys General Act claim?
As a Bakersfield employee who works for their employer and has noticed labor violations with their employer, you can receive compensation. For example, you could receive compensation for the company’s violations of labor laws. This compensation is not just specific to you, but you could also receive compensation based on other employees’ grievances. Give us a call today to see what compensation you could recover by holding your employer responsible.
What are examples of Private Attorneys General Act claims?
There are several different reasons why an employee may have to file a Private Attorneys General Act claim. Below are some examples of claims:
- Wage disputes: when an employer violates wage and hour laws in california, they could be held responsible under a PAGA claim. For example, an employer could classify their employees as independent contractors rather than employees so they could pay less taxes, and pay less benefits to their employees. In other cases, an employer may not provide their employees with proper meal and rest breaks.
- Failure to provide statements: An employer must provide an employee with wage statements when an employee asks for them. If an employer manipulates wage statements or fails to provide wage statements, they could be held responsible.
- Failure to reimburse employees: Employees must be reimbursed in the event that they have traveled for work. For example, they must be reimbursed for uniform costs or travel-related costs like mileage. When an employer feels to do so, they may be held responsible under a PAGA claim.
- Hour disputes: Employees must be afforded meal and rest breaks. When they are not, an employer could be held responsible. For more information, give us a call today to discuss.
- Improper timekeeping: an employer cannot keep time improperly. For example, if an employee worked 10 hours, their wage statements should properly reflect that.
- Unpaid business expenses: All business expenses that employees pay for on their own should be reimbursed immediately. For more information, call us today.
The above circumstances are just some examples of claims that could be filed under the Private Attorneys General Act. For more information, we recommend that you speak to our attorneys individually. Each labor law violation differs, which is why you should have your specific circumstance examined by a top-rated attorney immediately.
Bakersfield Employment Attorney
Our Bakersfield employment attorneys want to make sure that we make the process as simple as possible. We are essentially risk-free, which means that our case consultations are completely free. We provide confidential case evaluations to review the circumstances of the labor law violations that your Bakersfield employer has taken part in. We also work through a contingency fee agreement and do not recover any compensation for our clients unless we get compensated. For more information, call us today.
Private Attorneys General Act claims are very specific. And should only be litigated and filed by an experienced attorney. Our experienced Bakersfield employment attorneys have decades of experience holding parties accountable for their actions and filing PAGA claims.
How can I file a Private Attorneys General Act claim?
A claim must be filed with the california Labor And Workforce Development Agency. This claim could be filed through mail, or online. There is a filing fee associated with the claim. This claim must include specifics of the violation, such as where the violation occurred, and the parties responsible for the violation. It must have basic facts on what happened, and what exact laws the employee believes have been violated.
The California Labor and Workforce Development Agency will then investigate the circumstances to see if there has been a violation of labor laws.
When should I file my Private Attorneys General Act claim?
We recommend that you speak to our attorneys as soon as possible. You have one year from the last violation to file a lawsuit. This one year could pass by really fast.
Workplace Discrimination and Private Attorneys General Act
If you have been discriminated against at work because you have spoken up about labor law violations that your employer has taken part in, you may have the right to file a workplace discrimination lawsuit against your Bakersfield employer. Give us a call today to discuss. Our top-rated Bakersfield employment attorneys know how to maneuver through the Private Attorneys General Act claims process, and the Bakersfield court process. We want to make sure that employers are held responsible for their actions, and that no employer takes advantage of their employees.
Workplace Retaliation And Private Attorneys General Act
An employer cannot retaliate against an employee for speaking up and reporting any violations of labor laws. In that event, an employee could then file a lawsuit for workplace retaliation against the employer.
Could I still file a Private Attorneys General Act lawsuit if I have signed an employee contract?
Many employers in Bakersfield require their employees to sign a contract prior to working for the employer. In this contract, it specifically may state that the employee cannot file a lawsuit against their employer. This waves their right to sue. But, this type of contract does not necessarily waive the right to file a Private Attorneys General Act claim.
A Private Attorneys General Act claim is held above employment contracts in California according to california law. This means that the employer cannot stand in the way of an employee who reports a claim with the Private Attorneys General Act.
It is against public policy for an employer to have their employees sign away their right to file a Private Attorneys General Act claim.
- Abogados de lesiones personales de Las Vegas
- Abogados de asalto y agresión en Las Vegas
- Abogados de resbalones y caídas de Las Vegas
- Abogados de lesiones de la médula espinal de Las Vegas
- Abogados de lesiones cerebrales traumáticas de Las Vegas
- Abogados de muerte por negligencia de Las Vegas
- Abogados de mordeduras de perro en Las Vegas
- Abogados de accidentes de conductores ebrios y DUI en Las Vegas
- Abogados de compensación laboral de Las Vegas
- Abogados persas de Las Vegas y abogados iraníes
- Abogados de accidentes automovilísticos de Las Vegas
- Abogados de accidentes de motocicleta en Las Vegas
- Abogados de Accidentes de Bicicleta en Las Vegas
- Abogados de Accidentes de Camiones en Las Vegas
- Abogados de accidentes de peatones de Las Vegas
- Abogados de accidentes de autobús en Las Vegas
- Abogados de accidentes de Uber y Lyft en Las Vegas
Amazing Car Accident Lawyer
“Saman is by far true to his word. He truly was available at all times and always kept me updated. In the end, he settled my case with a great results. He didn’t treat me like a file, he treated me as if he was representing family. If you are looking for open, fast, thorough and a detailed lawyer, look no further. I will definitely recommend him to anyone seeking legal services who wants to feel assured that they are in the best hands.”
“I was injured in a car accident. The lawyer made sure that I went to my chiropractor sessions and that I get the medical attention needed. I also got MRI’s as needed and also got back injections as needed. He was very persistent on contacting me, even when I wasn’t reachable, and making sure that I got treated right and paid a good amount at the end. He is a very respectful person and great lawyer.”
An Extraordinary Experience
“Thank you for your unwavering commitment to my case. Words do not adequately describe my feelings, when no one seemed to care about an old vet with an injury you were there. I can remember as clearly as though it were yesterday, your sincerity and desire to help me. For that, I will always be grateful. Your endless commitment of time, financial resources and a personal concern for my physical well being surpassed anything I could have expected or imagined.”
24/7 Free Case Evaluation
Los Angeles Office3530 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 710 Los Angeles, CA 90010 Tel: 213-884-4881
Irvine Office17901 Von Karman Ave Suite 600 Irvine, CA 92614 Tel: 949-239-1020
Sacramento Office1215 K Street Sacramento, CA 95814 Tel: 916-461-1818
Bakersfield Office3501 Mall View Rd Suite 105 Bakersfield, CA 93306 Tel: 661-409-0000