Catastrophic Injury Attorney in Bakersfield
Catastrophic injuries could leave someone with life-threatening injuries. Make sure you have a top-rated catastrophic injury attorney from Bakersfield on your side.
Ride Share Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Trip and Fall Accident
Ride Share Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Trip and Fall Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Our top-rated Bakersfield catastrophic injury attorneys have decades of experience holding negligent parties accountable for their actions. If you have had a loved one suffer serious injuries, or have lost a loved one from catastrophic injuries, our compassionate attorneys understand how difficult it could be, and will work tirelessly to make sure that you and your family members get the compensation they deserve.
Compensation takes into account several different costs, such as medical bills, property damage, lost wages, loss of income, and pain and suffering. Besides the standard compensation, catastrophic injuries also lead to permanent life-threatening injuries that will require in-home services. You have the right to seek compensation for in-home services after experiencing a catastrophic accident because of another responsible party. Contact our Bakersfield catastrophic injury attorneys today to see how you could file your potential lawsuit.
Why should you trust our Heidari law Bakersfield catastrophic injury attorneys?
- Our top-rated attorneys have a track record of getting settlements and judgments that compensate our clients for their damages.
- Our experienced legal team works closely one-on-one with you to make sure that we take all the necessary steps for your case, and that you are constantly kept informed with every update.
- Our experienced attorneys are knowledgeable in Bakersfield law along with state law, to get you the care and compensation you need.
What is a catastrophic injury?
According to the American Medical Association, a catastrophic injury is one that is essentially permanent and must be treated for several years. Catastrophic injuries are severe injuries that could happen to the spinal cord, brain, or back. A catastrophic injury almost always leaves the accident victim unable to return back to work or resume normal life. If you or a loved one has suffered a catastrophic injury, contact our top-rated attorneys to see how you could get the care that you deserve.
How can I prove a catastrophic injury lawsuit in Bakersfield?
Usually, catastrophic injury involves a negligent party. In order to prove negligence, your top-rated attorney must investigate the circumstances of the accident to gather evidence that supports:
- The responsible party had a duty to the accident victim. Duty usually exists when there is a special relationship. This relationship could be a doctor-patient relationship, landlord-tenant relationship, or drivers on the road that have a relationship with one another to make sure that they all drive safely under the California vehicle code.
- The responsible party breached their duty to the accident victim. This means that they should have taken safe steps, but failed to do so. For example, a landlord who knows about the dangerous condition should not have rented their property out to the tenant, a driver should not violate California vehicle codes, and a doctor owes the utmost care to their patient.
- Because of the responsible parties’ breach of duty, an accident occurred. This could include a slip and fall accident, car accident, or medical malpractice to name a few.
- Because of the accident, the accident victim now is injured and has expenses, such as medical expenses and bills for treatments.
The above is just the general idea of proving negligence in a catastrophic injury lawsuit. But, this could change depending on the circumstances of the accident. It also depends on the relationship between the accident victim and the responsible party who caused the accident. For more information, we recommend that you speak to our attorneys to set up a one-on-one case evaluation in Bakersfield.
Could I receive a settlement for my catastrophic injuries?
In order to settle with the responsible party or get a judgment from trial, you must have to show:
- You suffered a catastrophic injury. A catastrophic injury always requires some form of surgery or treatment. Those with a catastrophic injury may also need prescription medication, such as painkillers to deal with the constant pain. Others with catastrophic injuries may suffer paralysis or quadriplegia, and may need in-home services.
- The injury that you suffered prevents you from returning back to work and resuming normal life. This then allows you to get lost wages and loss of income.
- You suffered emotional distress from the catastrophic injuries. Since catastrophic injuries are severe, they leave the accident victim with low self-esteem, anxiety, or depression. This could take an emotional toll not only on the accident victim, but the accident victim’s family whom we have to care for their loved one.
Wrongful Death Catastrophic Injury Attorney
Usually, catastrophic injuries end in the passing away of a loved on. If your loved one has passed away from a catastrophic injury, you may have the right to hold the negligent party responsible for several different damages. Under California law, family members have the right to file a lawsuit against the responsible party for economic and non-economic damages.
Economic damages are easily calculated and determine the impact that the death has had on the family, and to the deceased. For example, the family could recover funeral and burial expenses, the value of the household services that the deceased had offered, and the financial support that the loved one had offered.
Noneconomic damages are those that are not so easily calculated, and taken to account the pain and suffering that the family, along with the loved one experienced. This takes into account the loss of the deceased companionship, intimacy, care, and moral support. It also takes a look at the effect that it has on the family as a whole.
We know how devastating it could be to lose a loved one, especially to a negligent party. Give us a call today to discuss.
Catastrophic Injuries In Bakersfield
If you or your loved one has suffered any of the below catastrophic injuries in Bakersfield, give us a call today to discuss:
- Wrongful death
- Traumatic brain injury
- Spinal cord injury
What type of accidents cause catastrophic injuries?
All types of accidents lead to catastrophic injuries. It depends on the type of accident, how severe the injuries were, and the accident victim’s medical history. For example, younger children and older adults are more likely to suffer catastrophic injuries compared to young adults. Examples of accidents include:
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accident
- Bicycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Slip and fall accident
- Medical malpractice accident
- Product liability accident
- Premises liability accidents
- Axe throwing accidents
- Carbon monoxide poisoning accidents
- Bounce house injury accidents
- Train accidents
- Taxi accidents
- Uber accident
- Work-related accidents
Bakersfield Catastrophic Injury Lawyers Near Me
Many accident victims don’t know that they may be dealing with a catastrophic injury that will require future medical treatment. That is why you should have a highly-rated attorney on your side to make sure that you get the most compensation possible. This compensation should take into account any future medical care that you may need. For example, you may need compensation for at-home devices, such as wheelchairs, along with an at-home nurse to take care of the accident victim.
Our top-rated personal injury attorneys in Bakersfield offer free case evaluations. This case evaluation is a great way for our attorneys to get to know our potential clients’ lawsuit and determine the next best steps we should take.
Amazing Car Accident Lawyer
“Saman is by far true to his word. He truly was available at all times and always kept me updated. In the end, he settled my case with a great results. He didn’t treat me like a file, he treated me as if he was representing family. If you are looking for open, fast, thorough and a detailed lawyer, look no further. I will definitely recommend him to anyone seeking legal services who wants to feel assured that they are in the best hands.”
“I was injured in a car accident. The lawyer made sure that I went to my chiropractor sessions and that I get the medical attention needed. I also got MRI’s as needed and also got back injections as needed. He was very persistent on contacting me, even when I wasn’t reachable, and making sure that I got treated right and paid a good amount at the end. He is a very respectful person and great lawyer.”
An Extraordinary Experience
“Thank you for your unwavering commitment to my case. Words do not adequately describe my feelings, when no one seemed to care about an old vet with an injury you were there. I can remember as clearly as though it were yesterday, your sincerity and desire to help me. For that, I will always be grateful. Your endless commitment of time, financial resources and a personal concern for my physical well being surpassed anything I could have expected or imagined.”
- A Guide to Dog Bite Laws in California and the US
- Is It Legal To Kill A Dog If It Attacks Me
- Can You Sue a School if Your Child Gets Injured?
- What is a Subpoena?
- What is a Deposition?
- I Was Injured At Work – What Are My Rights
- Can Semi Trucks Drive in the Left Lane?
- Nursing Home Malnutrition and Dehydration
24/7 Free Case Evaluation
Los Angeles Office3530 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 710 Los Angeles, CA 90010 Tel: 213-884-4881
Irvine Office17875 Von Karman Ave. Suite 150 & 250 Irvine, CA 92614 Tel: 949-239-1020
Sacramento Office180 Promenade Cir Ste 300 Sacramento, CA 95834 Tel: 916-461-1818
Bakersfield Office3501 Mall View Rd Suite 105 Bakersfield, CA 93306 Tel: 661-409-0000