Spinal Cord Injury Attorney in Bakersfield
If you have had an injury to your spinal cord, our top-rated spinal cord injury attorneys in Bakersfield will hold the responsible parties accountable for your injuries.
Ride Share Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Trip and Fall Accident
Ride Share Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Trip and Fall Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Spinal Cord Injuries in Bakersfield
Spinal cord injuries are considered catastrophic injuries. Bakersfield is one of the most populated cities in California. With that high population, also comes the increased risk of being involved in a car accident, bus accident, pedestrian accident, train accident, slip and fall accident, etc. With all these types of accidents, spinal cord injuries may result. If you or someone you know has experienced or suffered a spinal cord injury from an accident, contact our experienced attorneys to set up a one-on-one consultation.
Our Bakersfield spinal cord injury attorneys are available 24/7 to answer any questions or concerns you may have with your potential claim. Spinal cord injuries could be devastating and could lead to permanent injuries. That is why our attorneys recommend that you have an attorney on your side the minute that you have been injured. Usually, after any accident, an insurance company may reach out to the action victim and try to settle for a low amount. This amount could be much lower than how much the accident victim deserves. Spinal cord injured victims will not only need expenses and compensation for their current injury but will also need compensation for any future medical treatments.
We have recovered hundreds of millions of dollars for our spinal cord-injured victims. We have a successful track record of holding negligent parties responsible for their actions. That is why we have been ranked one of the top-rated personal injury firms in Bakersfield. Our legal team is dedicated to making sure that you get the care you need and we hold responsible parties accountable for the damages that you have suffered.
What are the different types of spinal cord injuries?
There are four different sections of the spinal cord. If any of these four sections have suffered any damage, then you most likely have a spinal cord injury. These types of injuries are categorized as:
- Cervical spinal cord: The cervical spinal cord is located at the top of the spinal cord. This is close to the neck and shoulder area. If any injury occurs to the cervical spinal cord, it may result in nerve damage and paralysis, such as paraplegia. Symptoms of a cervical spinal cord may include difficulty breathing or difficulty speaking. Many medical providers may try to treat a cervical spinal cord injury with rehab or anti-inflammatory and pain medication.
- Thoracic spinal cord: The thoracic spinal cord is the area that is located just under the cervical area. This is near the rib cage area, and any damage to the thoracic spinal cord could lead to loss of bladder control. Many medical providers may treat this injury with physical therapy, or at-home medical services or equipment.
- Lumbar spinal cord: The lumbar spinal cord is just below the thoracic spinal cord. The lumbar spinal cord is located near the hips and could cause loss of bladder control or inability to walk and get around. Fortunately, the lumbar spinal cord injury is considered to be a less serious injury compared to the other areas of the spinal cord.
- Sacral spinal: The sacral spinal cord is located at the bottom of the spinal cord near the legs. The sacral spinal cord injury could lead to loss of bladder control. This is possibly one of the easiest spinal cord injuries to treat, and could usually resolve by moving around.
No matter what spinal cord injury you have suffered, you have the right to hold the negligent party responsible for their actions. But, it is important that you first get evaluated by a medical provider. A medical provider will be able to narrow down exactly what type of spinal cord injury you have experienced, the best form of treatment for you, and what potential compensation you may need for any future treatment.
Why should you hire our Bakersfield spinal cord injury attorneys?
- Our Heidari law attorneys will investigate all the circumstances regarding your spinal cord injury. We know how difficult it could be to prove a spinal cord injury in court and prove the responsible party is liable. But, our attorneys have been doing this for the last several decades, and understand and have the work experience to hold the negligent parties accountable.
- Our attorneys understand how devastating it could be to have to go through a spinal cord injury, not only for you but for your family members as well. We take into account any future compensation that you may need.
- We will handle all negotiations and settlements with the responsible party, along with any legal hurdles that may come up.
- Our attorneys will work through a contingency agreement, meaning that you are attorneys nothing unless we win compensation for you. If we don’t win, you don’t pay.
- Our top-rated attorneys provide free case evaluations to discuss your potential spinal cord accident injuries. We know that spinal cord injuries can vary depending on the person, which is why we recommend that you speak to our attorneys as soon as possible.
What kind of compensation could I receive for my spinal cord injury accident in Bakersfield?
The compensation you could receive varies depending on the circumstances of the accident and the severity of the spinal cord injuries that you have suffered. For example, different types of compensation could include:
- Past lost wages
- Future loss of income
- Future loss of earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Future medical expenses
- Future at-home nursing care
- Past medical expenses
- Surgeries to the spinal cord
- Injections to the spinal cord
- Physical therapy treatments
- Prescription medication for pain
- Prescription medication for inflammation
There are several other types of compensation that you could recover, but it depends on a case-by-case basis.
Who can be held responsible for a spinal cord injury lawsuit in Bakersfield?
For any spinal cord injury filed in Bakersfield, California, several different parties could be held liable, depending on the circumstances of the accident and the injuries that the victims suffered. For example, the different parties could include:
- Property owners: A property owner or a property manager in Bakersfield must make sure that their property is safe from any dangerous conditions. If they had a hazard like a slippery floor which led to a slip and fall accident and spinal cord injuries, they could be held responsible.
- Business owners: Business owners also have a responsibility to make sure that their business is free from any dangerous conditions. If you have experienced any spinal cord injuries from a negligent business owner, you could hold them responsible under a premises liability lawsuit.
- Government entity: Government entities themselves could be held responsible for spinal cord injuries. For example, if a trip and fall accident on a sidewalk led to a spinal cord injury, the injured victim could file a lawsuit against the government entity.
- Product manufacturers: Product manufacturers have a duty to make sure that the products they produce do not have any defects. For more information, contact our product liability attorneys today.
Bakersfield Spinal Cord Injury Attorney Near Me
Our Bakersfield spinal cord injury attorneys are available 24/7 to answer any questions or concerns you may have regarding your potential spinal cord injury lawsuit.
Amazing Car Accident Lawyer
“Saman is by far true to his word. He truly was available at all times and always kept me updated. In the end, he settled my case with a great results. He didn’t treat me like a file, he treated me as if he was representing family. If you are looking for open, fast, thorough and a detailed lawyer, look no further. I will definitely recommend him to anyone seeking legal services who wants to feel assured that they are in the best hands.”
“I was injured in a car accident. The lawyer made sure that I went to my chiropractor sessions and that I get the medical attention needed. I also got MRI’s as needed and also got back injections as needed. He was very persistent on contacting me, even when I wasn’t reachable, and making sure that I got treated right and paid a good amount at the end. He is a very respectful person and great lawyer.”
An Extraordinary Experience
“Thank you for your unwavering commitment to my case. Words do not adequately describe my feelings, when no one seemed to care about an old vet with an injury you were there. I can remember as clearly as though it were yesterday, your sincerity and desire to help me. For that, I will always be grateful. Your endless commitment of time, financial resources and a personal concern for my physical well being surpassed anything I could have expected or imagined.”
- A Guide to Dog Bite Laws in California and the US
- Is It Legal To Kill A Dog If It Attacks Me
- Can You Sue a School if Your Child Gets Injured?
- What is a Subpoena?
- What is a Deposition?
- I Was Injured At Work – What Are My Rights
- Can Semi Trucks Drive in the Left Lane?
- Nursing Home Malnutrition and Dehydration
24/7 Free Case Evaluation
Los Angeles Office3530 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 710 Los Angeles, CA 90010 Tel: 213-884-4881
Irvine Office17875 Von Karman Ave. Suite 150 & 250 Irvine, CA 92614 Tel: 949-239-1020
Sacramento Office180 Promenade Cir Ste 300 Sacramento, CA 95834 Tel: 916-461-1818
Bakersfield Office3501 Mall View Rd Suite 105 Bakersfield, CA 93306 Tel: 661-409-0000