Traumatic Brain Injury Attorneys in Los Angeles
If you or a loved one have suffered a traumatic brain injury (tbi) in Los Angeles, call our top rated Los Angeles attorneys today.
Ride Share Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Trip and Fall Accident
Ride Share Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Trip and Fall Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Traumatic Brain Injury Attorneys and Lawyers in Los Angeles
Serious head injuries amount to nearly half a million hospital visits every year. When tremendous force is applied to the skull during car crashes, sports injuries, or violent crimes, a Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) can occur. These types of injuries can leave someone with brain damage that can range from mildly-debilitating to life-threatening in severity. It is important to hire an experienced Los Angeles traumatic brain injury attorney so they could successfully pursue your claims for you. Our renowned law firm has been representing traumatic brain injury victims for the last decade.
Our skilled traumatic brain injury attorneys give utmost attention and respect to every traumatic brain injury case. We understand that going through a traumatic brain injury could be very devastating, having both physical and emotional lasting effects. That is why we believe that victims of traumatic brain injury should be compensated for their injuries. Our Los Angeles attorneys work to make sure that traumatic brain injury victims’ rights are represented.
Traumatic brain injuries not only affect the victim, but also the victim’s family. If the traumatic brain injury is severe, they will most likely end up needing a caregiver, which could possibly be the victim’s family member.
What are traumatic brain injuries?
Traumatic brain injuries, also known as TBIs, are severe types of brain injuries. These most likely occur from driving accidents, or slip and falls. There are many different types of traumatic brain injuries, and each one needs specific medical care.
Common Causes of Los Angeles Traumatic Brain Injuries
Traumatic brain injuries could occur in a variety of ways, but the most common traumatic brain injuries in Los Angeles are caused by:
- Car Accidents
- Lyft & Uber Accidents
- Rideshare Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Trucking Accidents
- Airline & Plane Accidents
- Metro Bus Accidents
If you or a loved one had been involved in any of the above accidents, please don’t hesitate to contact our experienced traumatic brain injury attorneys today. Our office is located in the heart of Los Angeles, on Wilshire. We are available 24/7 via phone, email, or in person. Our attorneys work aggressively to make sure that the traumatic brain injury victim’s rights are well-represented.
Who is liable for my traumatic brain injuries in Los Angeles?
There could be several different defendants that could be liable in your traumatic brain injury claim. For example, a potential defendant could be the driver of the car who was driving and texting or driving under the influence of drugs. Other defendants include manufacturers of products, or roadway engineers.
Signs of a Traumatic Brain Injury
Immediately after going through an accident, a traumatic brain injury is not easily detected. However, different signs that could potentially signal the need for medical attention for treatment for traumatic brain injury include:
- Loss of consciousness
- Blurred vision
- Changes in sleeping patterns
- Loss of coordination
- Dilated pupils
- Slurred speech
- Memory loss
- Difficulty focusing
- Sensitivity to lights
- Sensitivity to sounds
- Mood swings
- Difficulty blinking
- Difficulty speaking
If you or a loved one have experienced any of the above symptoms, contact a medical provider immediately. Many people neglect going to see a doctor after an accident, and this could cause potentially much more physical damage.
Traumatic Brain Injury Statistics in Los Angeles
According to the Centers for Disease Control and prevention:
- There were around 60,000 traumatic brain injury deaths in 2019
- There were around 223,000 traumatic brain injury related hospitalizations
- People over the age of 75 years and older were more likely to experience a traumatic brain injury
- Males are more likely to experience traumatic brain injury than females
- Males are three times more likely to die from a traumatic brain injury
Types of Traumatic Brain Injuries
There are different types of traumatic brain injuries that a victim could go through. In order to determine what type of traumatic brain injury you have suffered, contact your medical provider right away. Your medical provider will run a series of tests to determine what main type of brain injury you have suffered. These tests could include x-rays, CT scans, and MRIs. The different types of traumatic brain injuries are:
- Brain hemorrhage: this occurs when there has been a high force impact to the head. Brain hemorrhage refers to the internal bleeding in the brain.
- Skull fractures: this occurs when the skin and bones are broken. This type of traumatic brain injury could be seen externally, through signs such as swelling or bruising near the eyes, ears, and nose.
- Repetitive brain impact: this occurs when there is a constant repetitive movement to the head. This is most likely to occur in sports related accidents, such as football, soccer, boxing, etc.
The most important thing someone can do after being involved in an accident is to seek medical care. Depending on the severity of the injury, a victim’s cognitive, physical, and emotional abilities can all be affected. Even minor injuries can have major consequences on one’s quality of life.
How to Prevent a Traumatic Brain Injury
Although an accident in Los Angeles is not completely preventable, there are some steps you can take to decrease your chances of suffering a traumatic brain injury in an accident. This includes:
- Always buckle up your seatbelt. Having your seat belt buckled is one of the most important safety features that could protect you against a traumatic brain injury. Make sure the seat belt is buckled up appropriately prior to starting your vehicle.
- Never drive under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- If you are riding a motorcycle, always wear a helmet. Always make sure that the helmet you purchase is your size, and fits you properly.
- If children are riding in the car, lock the windows to prevent them from opening it.
- Install non-slip mats in the shower to prevent any slip and falls.
Traumatic Brain Injury and Emotional Impacts
Going through a traumatic brain injury could result in a very dramatic emotional impact. The emotional impact a traumatic brain injury has could leave the victim severely affected, and have difficulty coping with the outside world. Victims are likely to suffer emotional distress such as depression, irritability, aggression, lack of motivation, lack of focus, dependency, and mood swings.
Frequently Asked Questions for Los Angeles Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyers
What types of damages can be recovered in traumatic brain injury cases?
You certainly deserve compensation for your injuries after going through such a traumatic experience like a traumatic brain injury. A victim of traumatic brain injury could recover a variety of damages in Los Angeles. These damages could include economic and non-economic damages. Economic damages are those that can be easily calculated, such as medical bills. Non-economic damages are those that cannot be that easily calculated, such as emotional distress.
A victim may be entitled to damages for loss of income or work opportunities, medical costs, physical pain, emotional suffering, loss of affection, damage to property, and possibly even punitive damages. In order to determine if you qualify for these mentioned damages, contact our skilled traumatic brain injury attorneys today.
What are the key factors in determining success in a traumatic brain injury case?
The two largest factors that affect how much can be recovered in this type of case are the circumstances of the accident and the severity of the injuries that resulted from the accident.
When do you need a traumatic brain injury lawyer?
If you or a loved one have suffered a traumatic brain injury due to an accident, contact our traumatic brain injury attorneys immediately. It is very important that you contact our attorneys immediately since traumatic brain injuries have a time limit as to when you could bring the claim. Bringing in the claim too late could result in your entire case getting dismissed, and you losing your rights to sue the defendant.
When should I file my traumatic brain injury claim?
Every state has a statute of limitations that imposes a time period as to when a plaintiff could bring a lawsuit. If the plaintiff brings the lawsuit too late, he could risk getting his entire claim dismissed. The statute of limitations in Los Angeles for a traumatic brain injury is 2 years from the date of the accident.
Who is responsible for my traumatic brain injury lawsuit in Los Angeles?
The parties responsible for your traumatic brain injury differ depending on the circumstances of the accident. Common parties that have been seen responsible for an accident include:
- Drivers of vehicles
- Hotel owners
- Property managers
- Trucking companies
- Government entities mechanics
- Truck drivers
There are several other parties that could also be held liable. Each traumatic brain injury accident is different from one another. That is why we recommend that you speak to our qualified traumatic brain injury attorneys as soon as possible.
What should I do after a traumatic brain injury?
After an accident, it is important that you are evaluated by a medical professional. A medical professional will be able to better diagnose your traumatic brain injury and determine the best next step. We also recommend that you gather all of your medical bills and receipts. You should also keep a journal of the pain and injuries you suffer each day.
What will affect my traumatic brain injury lawsuit in Los Angeles?
Some factors may affect your traumatic brain injury lawsuit. These include:
- The age of the victim
- How the accident occurred
- The responsible parties
- The severity of brain injury
- The permanent affects the brain injuries may have
Who is likely to suffer traumatic brain injuries in Los Angeles?
A brain injury could affect anyone. But younger children and older adults are more likely to experience traumatic brain injury from an accident.
Will I be able to recover from a traumatic brain injury?
Your recovery depends on how the accident was caused, and the severity of the injuries. For example, if you have experienced an impact of an object at an alarmingly high rate, you most likely have suffered severe traumatic brain injuries.
Will I be able to file a lawsuit in Los Angeles for my brain injury?
If you have suffered brain injuries as a result of a negligent party in Los Angeles, you have the ability to file a lawsuit against them for damages. It is important to note that there are different types of damages you could recover. When it comes to traumatic brain injuries, you could recover:
- Non-economic damages: this includes the emotional toll that the brain injury took upon you. Brain injuries cause extensive emotional problems. For example, a victim may be going through speech therapy, or physical therapy. This may lead them to suffer some sort of humiliation or loss in confidence.
- Economic damages: these damages are damages that are proven through bills. For example, it could include medical bills such as hospital visits, doctor’s visits, imaging, physical rehabilitation, speech therapy, and permanent future home modifications.
How much is my traumatic brain injury lawsuit worth?
An attorney will not be able to give you an exact answer as to how much your TBI is worth unless we get more information on your accident. For example, the more severe your traumatic brain injuries are, the more you could recover in compensation. Another factor that helps determine how much you could receive in compensation is the amount of evidence available. For example, if your attorney does not work to make sure that liability is against the negligent party, you may not receive compensation for your injuries. The more evidence you have that shows the other party was responsible, the more likely you will receive compensation. Speak to our attorneys today for more information on what type of evidence may be beneficial for you.
Contact Our Top-Rated Traumatic Brain Injury Attorneys Today
- Our attorneys have strong resources with top experts in Los Angeles to make sure that your rights are well-represented and you get the maximum compensation you deserve for your traumatic brain injuries.
- We have extensive experience representing victims who have suffered traumatic brain injuries, and know exactly how to walk through the legal process for you.
- Our traumatic brain injury attorneys work on a contingency and take $0 unless we win.
How do you prove a traumatic brain injury in Los Angeles? In order to prove a traumatic brain injury lawsuit, you must have to show that the other party was negligent. You must have to show that the other party had a duty to act in a reasonably safe manner, yet failed to follow that duty and thus caused injury to the victim. Once again, these specific details differ depending on the circumstances of the accident that took place.
What if I suffered a traumatic brain injury at work?
If you have suffered a traumatic brain injury, you need to be able to recover compensation from your employer. This is filed under a worker’s compensation claim. Workers’ compensation claim may be different from lawsuit since it takes place outside of court. For more information on filing a workers compensation claim, and holding your employer responsible, contact our Los Angeles employee attorneys today.
Experienced Traumatic Brain Injury Attorneys in Los Angeles
If you or a loved one have been the victim of an accident that resulted in traumatic brain injury, then you need an experienced Los Angeles personal injury attorney to help you recover the compensation you deserve. Do not wait to contact our attorneys. Reach out to our Los Angeles personal injury attorneys for a free no risk consultation to discuss your traumatic brain injury claim. During this consultation, we will review your case in depth, and the different legal strategies we could potentially take to represent your rights.
Our Los Angeles team is dedicated to making sure that justice is served and our clients are well-represented. We care deeply for traumatic brain injury clients, and are not afraid of going to court to better represent them.
- Los Angeles Accident Attorneys
- Los Angeles Personal Injury Lawyers
- Assault and Battery Attorney
- Los Angeles Broken Bone Injury Attorneys
- Burn Injury Attorneys
- Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Attorney
- Catastrophic Injury Attorneys
- Construction Accident Lawyers
- Dog Bite Injury Attorneys
- Head Injury Attorney
- Nerve Damage Attorney
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Product Liability Attorneys
- Los Angeles Sexual Assault Injuries
- Slip and Fall Attorney in Los Angeles
- Los Angeles Spinal Cord Injury Attorneys
- Los Angeles Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyers
- Los Angeles Employment Law Attorneys
- Age Discrimination Lawyers
- Disability Discrimination Attorneys
- Gender Discrimination Lawyers
- LGBTQ Discrimination Attorneys
- Pregnancy Discrimination Lawyers
- Racial and Ethnic Discrimination Lawyers
- Wage & Hour Dispute Attorneys in Los Angeles
- Whistleblower Protection Lawyer
- Workers’ Compensation Attorney
- Workplace Discrimination Attorneys
- Workplace Harassment Lawyer
- Workplace Retaliation Lawyer
- Wrongful Termination Attorneys
- Los Angeles Bad Faith Insurance Lawyers
- Los Angeles Civil Rights Litigation Attorneys
- Medical Malpractice Attorney
- Data Privacy Attorneys
- Negligent Security Lawyers
- Nursing Home Neglect and Abuse Attorney
- Wrongful Death Attorney in Los Angeles
- Iranian Lawyers & Persian Attorneys in Los Angeles
Amazing Car Accident Lawyer
“Saman is by far true to his word. He truly was available at all times and always kept me updated. In the end, he settled my case with a great results. He didn’t treat me like a file, he treated me as if he was representing family. If you are looking for open, fast, thorough and a detailed lawyer, look no further. I will definitely recommend him to anyone seeking legal services who wants to feel assured that they are in the best hands.”
“I was injured in a car accident. The lawyer made sure that I went to my chiropractor sessions and that I get the medical attention needed. I also got MRI’s as needed and also got back injections as needed. He was very persistent on contacting me, even when I wasn’t reachable, and making sure that I got treated right and paid a good amount at the end. He is a very respectful person and great lawyer.”
An Extraordinary Experience
“Thank you for your unwavering commitment to my case. Words do not adequately describe my feelings, when no one seemed to care about an old vet with an injury you were there. I can remember as clearly as though it were yesterday, your sincerity and desire to help me. For that, I will always be grateful. Your endless commitment of time, financial resources and a personal concern for my physical well being surpassed anything I could have expected or imagined.”
24/7 Free Case Evaluation
Los Angeles Office3530 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 710 Los Angeles, CA 90010 Tel: 213-884-4881
Irvine Office17901 Von Karman Ave Suite 600 Irvine, CA 92614 Tel: 949-239-1020
Sacramento Office1215 K Street Sacramento, CA 95814 Tel: 916-461-1818
Bakersfield Office3501 Mall View Rd Suite 105 Bakersfield, CA 93306 Tel: 661-409-0000