Dog Bite Injury Lawyers and Attorneys
in Los Angeles
Contact us for a free case evaluation for your dog bite injuries today. Finding an experienced Los Angeles dog bite lawyer could make or break your entire dog bite case.
Ride Share Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Trip and Fall Accident
Ride Share Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Trip and Fall Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Dog Bite Injuries in Los Angeles
If you or a loved one have been injured by a dog in Los Angeles, contact our experienced dog bite attorneys today to discuss your claim. We will work to make sure you get maximum compensation for your injuries. Nowadays, dogs are a very common pet, especially in Los Angeles, California.
Dog bite injuries could cause serious injuries, sometimes even wrongful death. The serious injuries could result in long lasting permanent injuries.
Other than physical injuries, a dog bite could also cause psychological damage. A victim could get traumatized by such an experience. There is no specific breed that is prone to always bite, any dog could bite someone severely and leave lasting injuries. That is why it is very important to hire an experienced dog bite attorney that is well aware of California personal injury laws. Severe injuries could lead to an increased amount of medical bills, and those bills should be compensated.
Why do dog bites happen?
Dog bites could happen because of a variety of instances. It is usually difficult to determine how a dog is thinking and feeling at the time biting, but there are some common instances that have led to severe dog bites. Below are some examples of how a dog may be feeling at the time of biting another.
- A dog gets very protective, and will always want to protect themselves, their owner, or their puppies. They engage in very aggressive behavior when they feel as though someone is going to hurt their loved ones.
- A dog could end up biting another when they want to be left alone if they are not feeling well. Usually, a dog in pain isolates themselves away from others so they are not seen. Someone who reaches down to pet the dog during this time could get bitten.
- A dog likes to engage in play fighting. During play fighting, they could end up scratching or biting their owners with no intention to bring about harm.
- When a new person enters the dog’s territory, the dog could feel intimidated, especially if the dog detects a scent they are not familiar with.
- A dog always likes to be aware of their surroundings, and is always on high alert. If a dog is placed in an environment they are not familiar with, they could resort to biting behavior.
What Should I Do After a Dog Bite?
It is important to seek medical attention immediately after being bitten by a dog. The dog’s bite could end up piercing several layers of the skin, and could leave the skin open to getting an infection in the hospital. If someone who was bitten by a dog neglects getting medical attention, they will most likely be unsuccessful in their efforts in filing a lawsuit against the dog owner Since they contributed to the aggravation of their injuries.
What type of compensation could I receive from a dog bite claim in Los Angeles?
The amount of compensation you receive depends on the severity of the dog bite case you have suffered. Your experienced Los Angeles dog bite attorney will determine the compensation you could seek, along with how much you could potentially receive. Different examples of compensation you could receive include:
- Medical costs
- Lost wages
- Future lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of companionship
California Dog Bite Statistics
- Over 4,500,000 dog bites occur annually across the United States with hundreds of thousands requiring hospital care.
- Nearly 50% of dog bite victims are young kids.
- California sees some of the most dog attacks out of any state in the country and has seen the second most dog bite fatalities in America over the past 15 years.
- California is the national leader in the number of dog bite claims per year and sees the highest average payout per case.
- Los Angeles is regularly one of the top cities in America for the most dog attacks on postmen per year.
- In the last 15 years, Pit bulls have caused the majority of dog bite fatalities in the United States with Rottweilers, German Shepherds, Mixed-breeds, and American bulldogs being the next most deadly breeds.
Los Angeles Dog Bite Statistics
- In Los Angeles, the breeds involved in the most dog bite attacks were Pit bulls, Rottweilers, German Shepherds, and Chows.
- July and August were the most common months we’re children in Los Angeles were likely to get bitten by a dog
- Each year, 20,000 people are bitten by dogs in Los Angeles County.
- 64% of the victims in Los Angeles are children.
- Boys are most likely to be bitten by dogs, whereas girls are most likely to be bitten by cats.
Common Injuries from Dog Bites
A dog bite (dog attack) can result in severe personal injuries that can require a visit to the hospital. Around 15%-25% of the people bitten by a dog require medical attention for their injuries. Any dog, any breed could bite a person once they are threatened or stressed.
A few examples of different types of dog bite injuries include:
- Facial Dog Bite
- Skin Punctures, Lacerations, Abrasions
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Tissue Loss
- Internal Injuries
- Permanent Scarring
- Bruises, Contusions
- Broken Bones
- Trauma (Psychological and Emotional)
- Child Dog Bite
- Permanent Disability
We encourage everyone that has been a victim to a dog bite to seek medical help immediately. Getting medical attention is one of the most critical steps in making a full recovery. If you have been involved in a dog bite incident, you should seek medical attention immediately, even if you believe that the dog bite isn’t serious or you have not suffered a serious harm. Other than physical harm, many victims also suffered psychological issues, such as anxiety, depression, and insomnia.
On average, dog bite hospitalizations account for around $18,000. This number varies within each city in Los Angeles, however it should be around that number, possibly even more than that for dog bite injury victims who need several different types of treatment.
Dog Bites and Rabies
Other than injuries suffered from a dog bite, a dog bite victim could also suffer from rabies. Rabies could make its way through the bloodstream through the dog’s saliva. This occurs when the skin is pierced, and the dog’s saliva gets into the open points. If you treat rabies too late, it could result in severe neurological symptoms.
After being bitten by a dog, it is important that the fresh wound is cleansed and disinfected. A doctor will determine if you have had any sort of contact with rabies. If you have, they will most likely order anti-rabies treatments. Oftentimes, rabies could result in more serious physical effects than the dog bite itself.
What are signs of Cynophobia?
Cynophobia is fear of dogs that trigger very harsh emotional feelings. Many people suffer from Cynophobia after being bitten by a dog. Cynophobia causes both physical and psychological problems. Examples of symptoms suffered by those with Cynophobia include:
- Panic attack when seeing the dog
- Freezing in place when seeing the dog
- Fearful for leaving their homes and seeing the dog
- Avoiding areas where a dog could be found (beach, park, dog park, etc.)
- Fearful in social settings
Although you should easily seek medical treatment for your physical injuries, it is also important that you recover emotionally from such an attack. Failing to cater to your emotional needs could result in strong psychological fears that could possibly stick with you your entire lifetime.
PTSD From Dog Bites
PTSD, also known as post-traumatic stress disorder, is common in the United States, especially in California. This could occur to people who have encountered severe trauma, such as a car accident, a sexual assault, a dog bite, etc. PTSD makes it difficult for victims to overcome their traumas as they sit in fear and relive the past traumatic event.
PTSD could be diagnosed by medical providers. Many experience symptoms at least once a month after going through such a traumatic experience. Many may even experience PTSD symptoms years after going through the traumatic experience.
Examples of PTSD symptoms include:
- Having flashbacks of the traumatic event
- Having nightmares about the traumatic event
- Avoiding people that look similar to those involved in the traumatic event
- Avoiding areas that remind them of the traumatic event
- Mood swings
If you think you suffer from post-traumatic stress disorder from the dog bite experience, contact your medical provider immediately to seek treatment.
Los Angeles Dog Bite Laws
Even if a dog has no prior history of violence, California law allows for bite victims to receive compensation for being bitten by a dog based on factors of negligence and strict liability. At our free no risk consultation, we could determine what legal theories apply in your case.
For example, if an owner is negligent in the way they handle animals, they can be sued if their dog bites someone when it is off the leash or if it is confined in a way where it can cause harm to those passing by. If the dog has a history of biting in the past, you may have a stronger claim against the owner for liability since the owner was on notice of the dog’s past behavior.
California state law also states that “the owner of any dog is liable for the damages suffered by any person who is bitten.” In other words, every dog owner is responsible for the damage their dog causes regardless of whether their actions were negligent or not, but there are exceptions to this rule when the dog is provoked or the victim was trespassing. Compensation for damages can include: medical expenses, damage to property, emotional & physical suffering, loss of wages & lost earning potential, possible punitive damages, and loss of affection.
For the victim to have a case based on personal injury law, they must be able to prove three things:
- The dog that committed the attack was owned by the defendant.
- The victim was bitten while on public property or while on private property legally.
- The victim’s injuries were directly from the bite.
Our dog bite attorneys have extensive experience representing victims of dog bites, especially in the Los Angeles area. We understand that victims could be dealing with a lot of trauma after a dog bite, and we’ll work on going through the legal hurdles for you while you focus on healing from your injuries.
Why do I need a dog bite attorney?
A dog bite case could be very complex, especially if it involves multiple parties and multiple dog owners. It could also get very complex if the victim did something to agitate the dog, or if the victim was trespassing on another person’s property. It is important to hire a skilled dog bite attorney in order to help you understand the different types of laws, and the best action to take for your case. Our attorneys spend multiple hours on each case determining the best course of action. We also study new dog bite laws that have been passed in California and Los Angeles to make sure that all our claims are up-to-date.
Contact an Experienced Team of Los Angeles Dog Bite Attorneys to Protect Your Rights
If you or a loved one have been a victim of a dog bite in Los Angeles, you need a lawyer with years of experience with dog bite cases. Our team of personal injury attorneys at Heidari Law Group are here to help you recover the most for your claim. Give us a call at 1-833-225-5454 for a free consultation.
During your free no risk evaluation, we will review the merits of your dog bite claim, and determine the best legal strategies we can take to ensure maximum compensation for your injuries. We have a successful reputation for representing our injured clients. We have been representing dog bite injury victims for decades, and have won thousands of dollars in settlement and compensation for dog bite victims.
- Los Angeles Accident Attorneys
- Los Angeles Personal Injury Lawyers
- Assault and Battery Attorney
- Los Angeles Broken Bone Injury Attorneys
- Burn Injury Attorneys
- Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Attorney
- Catastrophic Injury Attorneys
- Construction Accident Lawyers
- Dog Bite Injury Attorneys
- Head Injury Attorney
- Nerve Damage Attorney
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Product Liability Attorneys
- Los Angeles Sexual Assault Injuries
- Slip and Fall Attorney in Los Angeles
- Los Angeles Spinal Cord Injury Attorneys
- Los Angeles Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyers
- Los Angeles Employment Law Attorneys
- Age Discrimination Lawyers
- Disability Discrimination Attorneys
- Gender Discrimination Lawyers
- LGBTQ Discrimination Attorneys
- Pregnancy Discrimination Lawyers
- Racial and Ethnic Discrimination Lawyers
- Wage & Hour Dispute Attorneys in Los Angeles
- Whistleblower Protection Lawyer
- Workers’ Compensation Attorney
- Workplace Discrimination Attorneys
- Workplace Harassment Lawyer
- Workplace Retaliation Lawyer
- Wrongful Termination Attorneys
- Los Angeles Bad Faith Insurance Lawyers
- Los Angeles Civil Rights Litigation Attorneys
- Medical Malpractice Attorney
- Data Privacy Attorneys
- Negligent Security Lawyers
- Nursing Home Neglect and Abuse Attorney
- Wrongful Death Attorney in Los Angeles
- Iranian Lawyers & Persian Attorneys in Los Angeles
Amazing Car Accident Lawyer
“Saman is by far true to his word. He truly was available at all times and always kept me updated. In the end, he settled my case with a great results. He didn’t treat me like a file, he treated me as if he was representing family. If you are looking for open, fast, thorough and a detailed lawyer, look no further. I will definitely recommend him to anyone seeking legal services who wants to feel assured that they are in the best hands.”
“I was injured in a car accident. The lawyer made sure that I went to my chiropractor sessions and that I get the medical attention needed. I also got MRI’s as needed and also got back injections as needed. He was very persistent on contacting me, even when I wasn’t reachable, and making sure that I got treated right and paid a good amount at the end. He is a very respectful person and great lawyer.”
An Extraordinary Experience
“Thank you for your unwavering commitment to my case. Words do not adequately describe my feelings, when no one seemed to care about an old vet with an injury you were there. I can remember as clearly as though it were yesterday, your sincerity and desire to help me. For that, I will always be grateful. Your endless commitment of time, financial resources and a personal concern for my physical well being surpassed anything I could have expected or imagined.”
24/7 Free Case Evaluation
Los Angeles Office3530 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 710 Los Angeles, CA 90010 Tel: 213-884-4881
Irvine Office17901 Von Karman Ave Suite 600 Irvine, CA 92614 Tel: 949-239-1020
Sacramento Office1215 K Street Sacramento, CA 95814 Tel: 916-461-1818
Bakersfield Office3501 Mall View Rd Suite 105 Bakersfield, CA 93306 Tel: 661-409-0000