Los Angeles Bus Accident Attorney
Call our bus accident lawyers today if you have been injured in a bus accident. Our skilled Los Angeles lawyers can assist you.
Nearly 70,000 bus accidents happen every year in the United States – that’s over 180 per day. With a large number of occupants on board and heavy impact made during collisions, bus accidents seriously harm thousands of people every year, and severe injuries could include traumatic brain injury or spinal cord injury. Whether the accident occurred in a school, commercial, or public transportation bus, an experienced bus accident lawyer can help those injured in the accident receive compensation for the injustice they’ve suffered. You could be very careful, but, unfortunately, accidents can still happen.
Common Bus Accident Causes in Los Angeles
Bus accidents can be caused by driver negligence such as:
- Driver fatigue
- Negligent or careless driving
- Driver inexperience operating large vehicles
- Speeding or aggressive driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
Other major factors can include negligence from the bus company such as with:
- Improper vehicle maintenance
- Mechanical failure
- Forcing drivers to work long shifts leading to fatigue
When dangerous road conditions are to blame for causing a bus accident, the local government may be able to be held liable for negligence in their road maintenance duties.
California Bus Accident Claims
Those who contributed to causing the bus accident can be held responsible for their actions. Injured bus crash victims or their families may be entitled to recover compensation for damages caused by the accident such as lost income capacity, property damage, physical & emotional suffering, lost wages, medical treatment costs, loss of affection, and possibly punitive damages.
Since buses carry many passengers at a time, metro bus accidents can involve many different parties looking to file a claim against those responsible for causing the crash. An experienced personal injury lawyer can help you connect with other victims to start a class action suit if the circumstances are suitable for one. Bus accident claims are often met with six or seven-figure settlements awarded to victims or their families for those who are wrongfully killed or injured in these types of accidents. Bus accidents are very difficult to deal with by families or their loved ones, it could lead to both physical and emotional effects. That is why our attorneys work to make sure our clients will be compensation for their injuries. It is very important to choose a skilled and effective bus accident attorney to pursue your claims for you and ensure you receive the maximum compensation you deserve.
Common Injuries with Bus Accidents
Injuries sustained from bus accidents can be devastating for victims and their families. Many buses are traveling at high rates of speed and may not be equipped with seatbelts, leaving passengers with debilitating injuries or even death when a collision occurs.
Injuries from bus accidents can often include:
- Traumatic brain injuries. During an accident, it’s not uncommon for someone’s head to collide with other objects, creating the opportunity for serious brain injuries to occur. These types of injuries can create nausea, difficulty speaking or concentrating, severe dizziness, depression, and death. Victims who suffer a brain injury may require around the clock care for the rest of their lives.
- Spinal cord injuries. When the spine’s ability to function is seriously disrupted, it can cause a wide variety of regarding body movement and sensation. Victims may end up with long-lasting muscle weakness, numbness, a tingling sensation, and paralysis. As of now, our modern medicine lacks the ability to treat injuries caused by damage to the spinal cord.
- Broken bones. Bus accidents can involve a lot of force. Passengers may be thrown around and can collide with different parts of the bus interior or even be thrown out of it. Bus crashes are often physically violent incidents that can leave victims crushed or disfigured with many broken bones that require months to heal.
- Burn injuries. In the case of some bus crashes, vehicle fires or explosions can occur. These events can leave passengers with severe burn injuries which may require extensive skin graft surgeries to treat. These events are rare for bus accidents but can have some of the worst outcomes for those involved.
With each of these types of injuries, victims may be able to recover a significant amount in damages.
What Should I Do After a Bus Accident?
If you are unfortunate enough to find yourself involved in a bus crash, the first two things that you should do are call 911 and seek medical treatment. First responders will be able to give medical attention to those who need it and can help give an official account of the accident scene. As much as you are able to, it’s also important to document the crash scene by taking pictures and getting contact information of witnesses and other people involved in the accident.
Be sure to follow the recommendations given by the medical professionals in this situation as failing to do so can give an insurance company reason to deny your claim.
Before speaking to any insurance companies about the accident, it’s a good idea to get in contact with a personal injury lawyer who has experience with these types of accidents. It is also important to keep the statute of limitations in mind when bringing a claim against the other party. Each state has a different statute of limitation, which controls when a plaintiff could bring in a claim against a defendant. It is important to hire an experienced California bus accident attorney who is well aware of the different statute of limitations since it could sometimes get complicated. For example, bringing inn a claim against a bus run by the government may only be brought within a year. Our bus accident attorneys have decades of experience and will work to make sure the statute of limitations does not pass. We will handle your case competently.
No Fee Unless We Win
Our attorneys work on a contingency fee basis, which means that you do not have to pay any fees upfront unless we win compensation for you. We understand that after a bus accident, many victims have thousands of dollars in medical bills. That is why we will focus on the legal process, while you focus on healing from your injuries.
What Could I Recover in A Bus Accident?
There are several types of damages a plaintiff may recover in a bus accident claim. It also depends on the party asserting their rights, for example, the damages may change depending on whether you are an injured victim or a family member of the deceased victim. Damages include, but are not limited to:
- Past lost wages
- Future wages
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Medical bills
- Wrongful death
- Loss of consortium
Speak with an Experienced Bus Accident Attorney Today
A reputable Los Angeles personal injury lawyer can help you sort out which costs you may be entitled to recover and help you throughout the process of filing a claim. Hiring an accident lawyer can also make a huge impact on the size of the settlement.
The California personal injury attorneys of Heidari Law Group have dealt with many cases involving bus crashes. If you need the help of an experienced law firm, let us build the support for your accident claim. Give us a call at 1-833-225-5454 for a free consultation.
Source: LAPD Traffic Collision Data/Los Angeles County GIS Data Portal