Personal Injury Lawyers in Los Angeles
Are you in need of legal representation after suffering a personal injury? Heidari Law Group handles all types of personal injury law in California.
Los Angeles Personal Injury Attorney
If we don’t win a judgment or verdict in your favor, you don’t have to pay. Our experienced Los Angeles personal injury attorneys have had decades of practice representing clients with superior end results. Our aggressive litigation attorneys are not afraid to take your claim to trial to receive a favorable verdict for your claim. Contact us today for free no risk consultation, where we could review your claim and determine the different legal strategies we can take. It is very difficult to choose a personal injury attorney, especially in Los Angeles. Our skilled personal injury attorneys at Heidari Law will guide you through every step of your legal process to make sure that you make well-informed decisions.
Our plaintiff’s personal injury law firm is located in the heart of Los Angeles, and we are also available by phone and email 24/7. We strive to make sure our practice offers individualized attention to our clients while providing high-quality service.
If you or a loved one has been injured, whether it was through a car accident, workplace harassment environment, defective product, etc, contact our Los Angeles personal injury attorneys today to file your claim. We strive to make sure that we offer individualized attention to our Los Angeles clients, while going into intricate and detailed negotiations. Many other Los Angeles personal injury attorneys treat all cases the same, with cookie cutter motions and settlement negotiations. Our attorneys work to make sure we are different from the rest by providing individualized attention. We understand that no two cases are the same, and no two plaintiffs are the same. We commit ourselves into achieving the best outcome in your favor.
Personal Injury Examples
Please note, this is not an exhaustive list.
- Assault and Battery
- Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Slip and Fall Injuries
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Dog Bite Injuries
- Catastrophic Injury
- Broken Bone Injuries
- Nerve Damage Injuries
- Head Injuries
- Sexual Assault Injuries
How much do our Los Angeles personal injury attorneys cost?
We understand that after going through an accident, you could be suffering emotionally and financially. Therefore you may not have the financial means to pay for an attorney up front. Our attorneys work on a contingency fee basis, which means that you do not have to pay for our personal injury attorneys unless they have won a judgment or a verdict in your favor.
Why You Should Hire a Los Angeles Personal Injury Attorney
Hiring a personal injury lawyer to handle your case comes with a few distinct benefits. A weathered legal team has seen these situations before and can help you navigate the particular laws of California personal injury cases.
- Secondary investigation team. Personal injury attorneys can leverage the help of a secondary team of investigators to assist in gathering evidence & reconstructing the accident or incident. This can be an extremely useful tactic in determining who is at fault for the accident when there is a dispute over who is at fault.
- Get Larger average settlements with a lawyer. When a plaintiff decides to represent themselves in a personal injury case, peer-reviewed studies have shown that they are able to recover an average of 20-30% of the compensation they could have gotten with an experienced personal injury lawyer fighting for their cause.
- Cases get complicated when multiple parties are involved. If you have to deal with fighting multiple insurance companies in your case, a lawyer can help you build a strong argument supported by evidence that can give you a better chance of winning the case in the end.
- Insurance companies are acting in bad faith. Many insurers believe that they can strong-arm policyholders into taking smaller settlements or nothing at all. The experienced Los Angeles personal injury team at Heidari Law can help you secure a fair settlement if an insurance company is acting in bad faith.
Los Angeles Personal Injury Frequently Asked Questions
We have been representing Los Angeles personal injury victims for the last decade. We understand that there may be several questions that you may have when litigating your claim. Below are some common questions that we have received, along with the answers we would potentially advise our clients. For more information, get in contact with our Los Angeles personal injury attorneys today so we can go into these answers further and see how they apply to your specific case.
What is a Los Angeles personal injury case?
A personal injury case is one where a plaintiff is injured, and tries to recover compensation for their injuries suffered. This could include many different instances, such as car accidents, sexual assault, defective products, defamation, etc. Each Los Angeles personal injury claim must be proven with different elements in court. There are two parts to a personal injury claim. The first part is proving liability. This is the responsibility of your attorney to show that the defendant was liable, and to show just how the defendant was liable. For example, if the plaintiff was injured by defective product, the attorney would have to show that there were reasonable other alternatives the manufacturing company could have taken that were safer and are least likely to cause accidents.
The second step of a personal injury lawsuit is damages. During the second half, your Los Angeles personal injury attorney would have to prove up your damages suffered. There are various different types of damages you could receive after getting involved in an accident. Each type of personal injury claim has different types of damages the plaintiff would want to see. For example, someone who has suffered emotionally could seek a higher emotional distress amount.
How do I prove liability in a Los Angeles personal injury case?
Our attorneys have various elements we strive to meet in order to show that the defendant is liable in a negligence claim. Below are the different elements our attorneys work to prove in order to show the defendant is liable.
- Duty: plaintiff will have to show that the defendant had a duty to Plaintiff. Everybody has a duty to reasonably foreseeable plaintiffs. The duty is to act within the standard of care of a reasonable person. For example, if you are driving on the road, then you have a duty to drive like a reasonable person in a safe manner.
- Breach: plaintiff’s personal injury attorney would then have to prove that the defendant breached this duty by failing to act like a reasonable person.
- Causation: the third step is that the plaintiff would have to prove that the defendant’s failure to act like a reasonable person caused damages. The injury that a plaintiff has must be caused from the defendant’s breach of care.
- Damages: plaintiff would have to prove that there were actual damages suffered because of the breach of duty. Damages could include injuries such as traumatic brain injuries, broken bones, etc.
Do I have a personal injury claim?
In order to determine if you have a valid personal injury claim, it is advised that you contact our attorneys immediately. Failing to contact a personal injury attorney immediately after an accident could result in harsh penalties, such as having your lawsuit dismissed because you brought it too late. Our Los Angeles attorneys will review your case and determine whether you have a valid case against the other party.
You do not necessarily need to have a physical injury in order to bring a claim. For example, in defamation cases where others have made a false statement about you to a third party, you could bring forth economic damages you have suffered as a result of the breach. For example, you could show that you have been declined a job because the defendant had published a defamatory statement. You most likely have a case against the other party if you have suffered any type of injury that could be calculated. If you or a loved one believe you have a claim for personal injuries, contact our Los Angeles injury lawyers today.
What are the first things I should do after an accident in Los Angeles?
Seek medical attention and call the police. Avoid speaking to the insurance companies until after you’ve contacted your lawyer.
How long do I have to file a personal injury lawsuit in Los Angeles after the incident has occurred?
Under the California Civil Procedure, Section 335.1, a victim has two years to file a lawsuit for personal injury in Los Angeles.
Who files a personal injury claim?
If you believe you have a personal injury claim against another party, contact our Los Angeles attorneys immediately in order to file a claim under personal injury law. A claim must be filed with the corresponding court where the incident took place. For example, if your incident took place in Los Angeles, then your claim must be filed in the Los Angeles Superior Court. To better determine whether your claim falls under California and / or law, contact our Los Angeles personal injury attorneys today.
How long will my personal injury case take?
It is important to note that every personal injury claim differs based on person-to-person. For example, a claim that has multiple damages may take longer than a claim that only has one specific type of damage, such as lost wages. Defendants will also try to downplay and lag their responses as much as possible. Other factors that could determine whether your case may take longer than others include when there are multiple parties involved, Or when there are severe injuries involved. Usually cases that go to trial take longer than cases that settle with the other party.
How much is my personal injury claim worth?
No attorney will be able to give a simple cookie-cutter answer as to what your personal injury claim is worth unless they take a look at all the factors regarding your claim. For example, accidents that have resulted in more severe injuries could result in higher damages compared to a simple case where the plaintiff only has damages of lost wages. To determine how much your personal injury claim is worth, contact our attorneys today.
Our Los Angeles personal injury attorneys are a phone call away, and are currently taking on Los Angeles personal injury claims. Call us today at 213-884-4881.