Los Angeles Spinal Cord Injury Lawyers
Have you been involved in a severe accident and have a permanent spinal cord injury (SCI)? Our personal injury lawyers at Heidari Law Group are ready to help you. Contact us today for a free consultation.
Spinal Cord Injury Attorneys & Lawyers in Los Angeles
Each year, many people suffer from a severe back injury that ends up being a spinal cord injury (SCI). Some of these common spinal cord injuries occur from the following.
- Car accident
- Bicycle accident
- Acts of violence (Fighting, Gunshot, etc)
- Slip and Fall injury
- Falling from a ladder or up high
- Work-related injury
- Sports injury or recreational activities, high impact
- Medical or Surgical
- Disease, such as cancer or arthritis
Since spinal cord injuries are potentially disabling and life-changing, it can impact the financial, social, and overall quality of your life. You should contact a personal injury attorney at the Heidari Law Group located in Los Angeles to review your case.
What is a Spinal Cord Injury?
A spinal cord injury (SCI) involves any type of damage to the spine that runs from the bottom of the brain / central nervous system (CNS), through your cervical (neck), all the way down through your lumbar (lower back), and ends at the coccyx (tailbone) / near your pelvis. Spinal cord injuries are life-changing because they cause permanent damage to your nerves. This can negatively impact your feeling, sensation, strength, and parts of your body.
The spinal cord can be broken out into four sections:
- C1-C7 Cervical Vertebrae – Location is in the neck.
- T1-T12 Thoracic Vertebrae – Location is in the upper back, with attachments to the ribcage.
- L1-L5 Lumbar Vertebrae – Location is in the lower back.
- S1-S5 Sacral Vertebrae – Location is in the pelvis.
At the very end of the spinal cord is the coccyx, also known as the tailbone (below the sacrum).
If you have spinal cord damage from an injury, you might feel like your life is completely changed with crippling effects. This will also heavily impact your mental health, emotions, and social life. A spinal cord injury lawyer should be contacted to help you with your case.
Spinal Cord Injury Symptoms
A series of tests will need to be performed by your health care professional in order to determine the level of impact your spinal cord injury has on your body. Some of the spinal cord injury symptoms include the following.
- Extreme back pain
- Pressure on your head, neck, or back
- Loss of movement
- Losing the ability to feel
- Numbness or loss of feeling with tingling (Hands and Feet)
- Loss of bladder control or bowel control
- Reflex problems and spasms
- Difficulting breathing
- Problems with balance and walking
- Alteration of your senses
- General paralysis
It is important that you need medical attention immediately if you experience any of these symptoms in an accident. A spinal cord injury (SCI) is life-changing and should be attended to right away.
Contact a Los Angeles Attorney for a Spinal Cord Injury
If you have been injured in the Los Angeles area with a Spinal Cord Injury (SCI), you should contact a law firm to review your case. At Heidari Law Group, we have a highly experienced team of attorneys to help represent you and your case.
Heidari Law Group Los Angeles Practice Areas
- Los Angeles Personal Injury
- Los Angeles Assault and Battery
- Los Angeles Slip and Fall
- Los Angeles Spinal Cord Injuries
- Los Angeles Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Los Angeles Wrongful Death
- Los Angeles Dog Bites
- Los Angeles DUI & Drunk Driver Crashes
- Los Angeles Workers' Compensation
- Los Angeles Persian Attorneys & Iranian Lawyers