Los Angeles Wrongful Death Attorneys
If you are living in Los Angeles and have recently been impacted by a wrongful death, contact Heidari Law Group immediately. Our wrongful death attorneys can help review your case in detail. Contact us anytime 24/7 for a free consultation.
Experienced Wrongful Death Lawyers in Los Angeles
The unexpected death of a loved one can put a substantial emotional, physical, and financial strain on the surviving family members. If their death was caused by the wrongful or negligent actions of another party, then the survivors may have the opportunity to file a wrongful death lawsuit to recover damages for their loss. Although the lawsuit may never be able to bring a loved one back or ease the emotional pain, it can help the survivors cope with the financial difficulties that often occur after these accidents.
Wrongful Death Laws in California
For a death to be considered wrongful in California, the act that led to the victim’s death must have been a preventable situation that occurred because of negligence, intentional misconduct, or recklessness.
In California, close family members and those who financially depend on the deceased can file a lawsuit for wrongful death. Those who can sue for this in Los Angeles include the victim’s:
- Spouse or domestic partner
- Estate representative
Elements of a Wrongful Death Case in Los Angeles
Different elements must be proven based on what caused the accident. Your attorney can build a case based on evidence that the accident occurred due to intentional harm or negligence.
Elements of Negligence – The liable party had a duty to operate their vehicle or care for the victim in a safe manner, that duty was breached, this breach in the duty resulted in the accident or injuries that caused the victims death, and that the victim’s death results in damages or losses to those who filed the lawsuit.
Elements of Intentional Harm or Misconduct – The liable party intended to commit the act which led to another’s death, non-consensual contact was made with the victim which can include a vehicle collision or the use of a weapon, that contact was what ultimately caused the victim to perish.
Types of Los Angeles Accidents That Commonly Result in Death
Although death is not that uncommon in nearly every type of vehicle accident, there are a few types of accidents that occur in Los Angeles that can lead to a wrongful death more often than others. This can include:
- Trucking accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Aviation accidents
- Car accidents
- Rideshare accidents
- Metro bus accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Bicycle accidents
What Kinds of Damages Can Be Recovered in a Wrongful Death Case in Los Angeles?
Compensation in wrongful death suits can cover a wide variety of damages caused by the accident. This can include payouts for things such as:
- Medical bills
- Burial & funeral expenses
- Loss of affection
- Loss of income and future earning capacity
- Physical & emotional pain suffered as a result of the accident
The goal of insurance companies in these fatal situations is to settle for as little as possible. An experienced Los Angeles wrongful death attorney can help you get the most from your case for the injustices suffered.
Wrongful Death Statute of Limitations in California
California law permits a limited amount of time for survivors to file a wrongful death lawsuit to recover damages from the responsible party. Two years is what the statute of limitations in California on wrongful death permits. Hiring a team of veteran Los Angeles attorneys can help to ensure that this deadline is met. If you’re in need of a wrongful death attorney in Los Angeles, Heidari Law Group is here to help you with your case. Contact us for a free consultation today. 1-833-225-5454
Heidari Law Group Los Angeles Practice Areas
- Los Angeles Personal Injury Attorneys
- Los Angeles Assault and Battery Lawyers
- Los Angeles Slip and Fall Attorneys
- Los Angeles Spinal Cord Injury Lawyers
- Los Angeles Traumatic Brain Injury Attorneys
- Los Angeles Wrongful Death Lawyers
- Los Angeles Dog Bite Attorneys
- Los Angeles DUI & Drunk Driver Crash Lawyers
- Los Angeles Workers' Compensation Attorneys
- Los Angeles Persian Attorneys & Iranian Lawyers
- Los Angeles Car Accident Lawyers
- Los Angeles Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
- Los Angeles Bike Accident Lawyers
- Los Angeles Truck Accident Attorneys
- Los Angeles Pedestrian Accident Lawyers
- Los Angeles Bus Accident Attorneys
- Los Angeles Ride Share Accident Lawyers
- Los Angeles Uber & Lyft Accident Attorneys
- Los Angeles Electric Scooter Accident Lawyers