Los Angeles Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Have you been hit by a motor vehicle as a pedestrian in Los Angeles? Our personal injury experts at Heidari Law Group can help review your case. Contact us today for a free consultation.
Pedestrian Accident Lawyers & Attorneys in Los Angeles
Los Angeles has one of the highest pedestrian fatalities in the United States. Pedestrian accidents also account for almost 1/5th of the total road traffic deaths in the United States. If you have been hit and injured by a vehicle, you may want to talk to a pedestrian accident lawyer in Los Angeles, as you may be entitled to damages.
There are many reasons why pedestrian accidents occur, with some of the top reasons below.
Common Reasons for Pedestrian Accidents
- Texting while driving
- Talking on the cell phone
- Playing with electronic devices (radio, GPS, vehicle settings, etc)
- Distracted driver
- Eating while driving
- Driving under the influence (DUI) / intoxicated
- Speeding excessively
- Failing to yield or stop
- Left-hand turns, U-turns
- Backing a vehicle up / driving in reverse
- Dark clothing
- Poor weather conditions
- Poorly marked roads / unmarked crosswalks
- Low visibility at night
Many of these types of accidents can lead to personal injury and even death. It’s important that your incident gets reviewed by an experienced attorney that has worked with pedestrian injury cases.
What Should You do if a Pedestrian Accident Happens?
- If you have been injured in a traffic accident, you should immediately seek medical attention at a hospital. It’s important that a doctor evaluates your situation and treats your injuries. If it’s an emergency situation, you should call 911 to have emergency responders help.
- Document the situation, get pictures with the scene of the accident, witnesses with their name and phone number, etc. Document your injuries, physical pain levels, dizziness, damaged clothing, cuts and scrapes, vision problems, etc. Get a police report if available.
- Do not discuss details of the scenes of who was at fault. Save that information for your attorney and the insurance company. Talking with others at the scene can be used against you as evidence.
- Call your insurance company and let them know you were hit by a vehicle. You will be surprised that many vehicle insurance policies will cover pedestrian accidents.
- Contact a Los Angeles pedestrian accident lawyer and let them know what happened. A personal injury attorney will be able to help you through this case and understand what types of injuries you sustained. Whether you were physically injured, emotionally stressed, or financially burdened from another person’s actions, your legal team will help you.
Experienced Pedestrian Accident Attorneys in Los Angeles
If you or a close friend has been injured by a motor vehicle in a pedestrian accident, our highly experienced legal team in Los Angeles can help. At Heidari Law Group, we want to understand your situation and legal rights to determine if you have a case. Contact us today for a free consultation.
Heidari Law Group Los Angeles Practice Areas
- Los Angeles Personal Injury Attorneys
- Los Angeles Assault and Battery Lawyers
- Los Angeles Slip and Fall Attorneys
- Los Angeles Spinal Cord Injury Lawyers
- Los Angeles Traumatic Brain Injury Attorneys
- Los Angeles Wrongful Death Lawyers
- Los Angeles Dog Bite Attorneys
- Los Angeles DUI & Drunk Driver Crash Lawyers
- Los Angeles Workers' Compensation Attorneys
- Los Angeles Persian Attorneys & Iranian Lawyers
- Los Angeles Car Accident Lawyers
- Los Angeles Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
- Los Angeles Bike Accident Lawyers
- Los Angeles Truck Accident Attorneys
- Los Angeles Pedestrian Accident Lawyers
- Los Angeles Bus Accident Attorneys
- Los Angeles Ride Share Accident Lawyers
- Los Angeles Uber & Lyft Accident Attorneys
- Los Angeles Electric Scooter Accident Lawyers