Los Angeles Burn Injury Attorneys
If you or a loved one have suffered burn injuries while involved in an accident, contact our Los Angeles attorneys today for a free no risk consultation.
Burn injuries could have very severe long-lasting effects. However, the good news is that 90% of those who have sustained burn injuries survive. Although the fatality rate is very low, burn injuries require several treatments that could be very costly. That is why it is important to hire an experienced Los Angeles burn injury attorney to pursue your claims for you to make sure you get maximum compensation for your injuries. Not only will a burn injury victim face several thousands of dollars and treatment required, they will also need reimbursement for lost income.
Los Angeles Burn Injury Statistics
According to the American Bar Association:
- 4876,000 burn injuries required medical treatment
- 3,275 people passed away from fire and smoke inhalation deaths
- 40,000 hospitalizations were related to burn injuries
- 68% of burn injury victims were male
- 59% of burn injury victims were Caucasian, 20% were African-American, 14% were Hispanic, 7% were other
- 73% of burn injury victims sustained injuries while at home
According to the Los Angeles Fire Department:
- The Los Angeles Fire Department continues to see a rise in fire service responses, especially in 2020.
- There were nearly half a million phone calls made citing instances of fire in 2019
- 8 civilians lost their lives in accidental residential structure fires last year. This number is surprisingly low compared to all the previous years, and other large cities.
- A total of 1,000 uniformed firefighters are always on duty in Los Angeles
The Different Types of Burn Injury Lawsuits in Los Angeles
An injury lawsuit could take place in many different ways. This is depending on the circumstances of the accident.
- Personal injury lawsuit: this is one of the most common types of lawsuits against the defendant for burn injuries. This occurs when the defendant was negligent, and failed to act within their standard of care. Examples include drunk driving, car accidents, construction accidents, etc.
- Product liability lawsuit: this occurs when the victim suffered burn injuries as a result of a product that malfunctioned. This holds the manufacturer and retailer of the product strictly liable.
- Workplace accident: this occurs when a fire occurs at the workplace. This means you may have a valid claim against your employer for any of the injuries sustained from the fire.
- Wrongful death: this occurs when the victim passes away as a result of the burn injuries sustained. Wrongful death is a type of lawsuit brought by the decedent’s family. Examples of damages you could receive from a wrongful death claim include funeral expenses and burial costs.
In order to determine what type of lawsuit your burn injuries qualify for, contact our burn injury attorneys today.
Examples of Burn Injuries
There are different types of burn injuries, these include:
- Chemical burns: this occurs when the victim is in contact with chemicals
- Heat-related burns: this is one of the most common types of burns, and occurs in house fires, workplace fires, etc.
- Radiation burns: this occurs when the victim has been in contact with radiation therapy, x-rays, and tanning beds.
- Electrical burns: this occurs when the victim is in contract with an electrical source
- Cold burns: this occurs in cold unbearable weather
- Friction burns: the most common example of a friction burn is road rash
Burn Injury Trauma
Burn injuries can result in severe trauma, as many burn injury victims become fearful of returning back to work, or leaving their home. Many also could develop severe insomnia, depression, or anxiety. You could seek compensation for these injuries if you have suffered any emotional distress.
When should I hire a burn injury attorney?
If you have suffered burn injuries as a result of an accident caused by someone else’s negligence, it is important that you get in touch with a burn injury lawyer in Los Angeles immediately. A burn injury lawyer in Los Angeles will help you communicate with the at-fault party, along with their insurance company, and come to some sort of settlement agreement. If both parties are unable to settle, our aggressive attorneys are ready to take your case to court. Insurance companies always try to downplay their liability.
Our attorneys will look into your claim and give you an estimate as to how much you could potentially recover in compensation. We are also available to answer any questions regarding your burn injury claim.
What should I do if I suffer a burn injury in Los Angeles?
Whether you have suffered a minor burn or a major burn, there are specific steps you must take in order to make sure you have all the evidence necessary to file a lawsuit against the at-fault party. Catastrophic burn injury victims should follow the steps as much as possible to make sure that they received their full compensation.
- Seek medical treatment immediately. If you fail to seek medical treatment immediately after the accident, the defendant may use this to show that you yourself were liable for the injuries that were caused. Seeking medical assistance also assists attorneys in determining what kind of injury you suffered, and what type of treatments are needed in the future. Burn injuries are also most likely to result in infections, and so they must constantly be monitored after the accident.
- Document as much evidence as possible. We advise all our clients to take as many pictures as possible of the circumstances of the accident, gather any witness contact information, along with filing a police report.
- Hire a burn injury attorney to guide you through the next steps to file a claim against the negligent party. While you focus on healing from your burn injuries, our attorneys will take care of the legal process.
California Burn Injury Attorneys
Several burns in homes or at the workplace that have occurred in Southern California are preventable. In California, there are nearly 20 million properties that are at risk for wildfires. We have been representing Los Angeles burn injury victims for decades.
It is important that you seek an experienced Los Angeles burn injury attorney. Burn injury claims could get very complex, especially when dealing with insurance companies who try to downplay their liability as much as possible, and try to argue that the plaintiff was negligent themselves. Hiring an experienced burn injury attorney will increase your chances of recovering your full compensation when compared to being unrepresented.
Our attorneys understand that burn injuries are very difficult to go through, and your entire future could be affected. For example, you may not be able to work like you used to prior to the accident. Burn injuries could also affect the quality of life, and so our attorneys seek Justice for your injuries sustained.
Reach out to our Los Angeles burn injury lawyers to discuss your case, and how much you could receive in compensation for your injuries. Our attorneys work hard to make sure we gather as much evidence as possible. We are available 24/7 via phone, email, or in person. Our office is located in Wilshire in the city of Los Angeles. Contact us today.