Lemon Law Attorneys in Los Angeles
Find a Lemon Law attorney for motor vehicles, cars, and trucks in Los Angeles, California.
Ride Share Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Trip and Fall Accident
Ride Share Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Trip and Fall Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
What qualifies for lemon law in Los Angeles?
Under California lemon law, there are certain requirements that must be met in order for your vehicle to be considered a “lemon.”
Some requirements include:
- You did not do anything to tamper with the vehicle. This means that you did not modify the vehicle or make it more dangerous. You most likely will not be able to file a lemon law claim if you made any modifications to your vehicle.
- The problems with the vehicle were listed under the manufacturer’s warranty. This means that if you experienced anything that is beyond what was guaranteed, your car may not qualify as a “lemon.”
- The vehicle started to experience problems within the first 18 months after you purchased it. Or, the vehicle started to experience problems within the first 18,000 miles after you purchased it.
- You must have notified the automobile manufacturer about the problems you are experiencing with your vehicle. If you fail to take your car in for any service, you most likely will not be able to collect compensation for your car.
You must also meet one of the below requirements in order to file a lemon law claim in California.
- You took your vehicle in for repairs four times for the same issue.
- The vehicle has been in for service for more than 30 days. These 30 days could be consecutive, or it could be a total amount of 30 days or more.
- The problem that the vehicle has is enough to cause death or serious injury.
The above requirements are very specific and have certain factors that you must have to meet. It is very frustrating to have your vehicle break down multiple times. It could be even more frustrating and confusing to file a lemon law claim in Los Angeles. If you or a loved one believes that you have a vehicle that has given multiple problems within the first 18 months, give our Los Angeles lemon law attorneys a call today to discuss your case.
Lemon law rights in Los Angeles
Consumer rights are spelled out under the California Song- Beverly Consumer Warranty Act. the Act provides protection for all defective vehicles.
What compensation could I receive for a lemon law claim?
Under California law, an automobile manufacturer should pay compensation to replace the vehicle or should provide a full refund to the car owner. In the event that you file a successful lemon law claim, the automobile manufacturer should also pay attorney’s fees. Other types of compensation also include:
- Rental vehicle cost
- Rideshare costs
- Down payment for the vehicle
- Monthly payments for the vehicle
- Time spent from work to repair the vehicle
- Loss of use
- Registration costs
- Vehicle insurance costs
Our Los Angeles lemon law attorneys are committed to making sure that our clients get the top-notch legal help that they deserve. Having a vehicle break down multiple times in a month could not only be frustrating, but it could also be scary considering the potential of a car accident that you could get into.
What should I do if I have a lemon car in Los Angeles?
- Make sure that you have all the required documents necessary to file a lemon law claim. For example, you should have your purchase receipts, service receipts, and dates of all the times that you have taken your vehicle in.
- Contact a highly qualified Los Angeles Lemon Law attorney for a consultation. Our attorneys offer free consultations to discuss your lemon law case.
- In the event that your vehicle has any problems that are dangerous, refrain from driving it as much. Driving a lemon car could be very dangerous since it could increase the risk of being involved in a car accident.
What is a lemon law settlement in California?
- Usually, automobile manufacturers will try to settle the lawsuit instead of going to court. Going to court could be very costly for all parties. That is why an arbitration could occur before going to trial. Arbitration is an opportunity for both parties to negotiate an amount by having an arbitrator come in and decide how much compensation the vehicle purchaser deserves.
- In the event that both parties do not end up with a successful arbitration, our attorneys are not afraid of going to trial.
How much money can you get from a lemon law claim in Los Angeles?
The amount of money that you could receive from a lemon law claim in Los Angeles depends on the circumstances of your experience. There are several factors that could determine exactly how much compensation you are to receive. For example:
- The time spent on repairing the vehicle
- The initial cost of the vehicle
- The severity of the defects
- The age of the vehicle
- The number of times it took you to fix the vehicle
It is important that you have a highly qualified attorney evaluate your case to determine what type of compensation you could recover. In the event that you visit our attorneys for a consultation, make sure that you have all the necessary paperwork to prove the amount of times that you took your car in for service. The more information we have, the more likely we are able to build a stronger case for you.
Do you need a lemon law lawyer in Los Angeles?
Although it is not required for you to have an attorney when filing a lemon law claim, it is highly recommended that you have a top-rated lemon law attorney on your side. There are so many different requirements that you must have to meet in order for your car to qualify as a lemon, and mistaking just one factor could risk your entire claim.
When should I file my lemon law claim in Los Angeles?
You should file your claim within 4 years from the date that your vehicle first started to give you problems. The minute that you sense your vehicle has been taken in for service multiple times, you should call us immediately.
How long does lemon law case take in Los Angeles?
The time depends on the circumstances of the vehicle, and the defects that it had, but it usually takes about a couple of months for parties to come to a settlement agreement, or to go to trial.
Contact Our Experienced Los Angeles Lemon Law Lawyers
- Although there are several protections and rules in place that make sure a consumer exercises their rights, it is important that you have an attorney on your side in the event that you are filing a lemon law claim.
- Having a highly qualified lemon law attorney on your side provides you with an advantage against the automobile manufacturer. We will negotiate with the automobile manufacturer to make sure that your lemon law is handled properly and that you get the maximum compensation possible.
- Our team has decades of experience making sure that manufacturers are held accountable for their lemon vehicles.
What are some examples of vehicles that could be a lemon?
Essentially, all vehicles could be declared a lemon in California if they meet the above requirements. Some examples we have seen include Acura, Audi, BMW, Chevrolet, Dodge, Fiat, Jaguar, Jeep, Mitsubishi, Mercedes-Benz, Porsche, Range Rover, Volvo, Toyota, Subaru, Tesla, Mazda, Lexus, Kia, Infinity, Hyundai, General Motors, Dodge, Toyota, Etc.
- Los Angeles Accident Attorneys
- Los Angeles Personal Injury Lawyers
- Assault and Battery Attorney
- Los Angeles Broken Bone Injury Attorneys
- Burn Injury Attorneys
- Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Attorney
- Catastrophic Injury Attorneys
- Construction Accident Lawyers
- Dog Bite Injury Attorneys
- Head Injury Attorney
- Nerve Damage Attorney
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Product Liability Attorneys
- Los Angeles Sexual Assault Injuries
- Slip and Fall Attorney in Los Angeles
- Los Angeles Spinal Cord Injury Attorneys
- Los Angeles Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyers
- Los Angeles Employment Law Attorneys
- Age Discrimination Lawyers
- Disability Discrimination Attorneys
- Gender Discrimination Lawyers
- LGBTQ Discrimination Attorneys
- Pregnancy Discrimination Lawyers
- Racial and Ethnic Discrimination Lawyers
- Wage & Hour Dispute Attorneys in Los Angeles
- Whistleblower Protection Lawyer
- Workers’ Compensation Attorney
- Workplace Discrimination Attorneys
- Workplace Harassment Lawyer
- Workplace Retaliation Lawyer
- Wrongful Termination Attorneys
- Los Angeles Bad Faith Insurance Lawyers
- Los Angeles Civil Rights Litigation Attorneys
- Medical Malpractice Attorney
- Data Privacy Attorneys
- Negligent Security Lawyers
- Nursing Home Neglect and Abuse Attorney
- Wrongful Death Attorney in Los Angeles
- Iranian Lawyers & Persian Attorneys in Los Angeles
Amazing Car Accident Lawyer
“Saman is by far true to his word. He truly was available at all times and always kept me updated. In the end, he settled my case with a great results. He didn’t treat me like a file, he treated me as if he was representing family. If you are looking for open, fast, thorough and a detailed lawyer, look no further. I will definitely recommend him to anyone seeking legal services who wants to feel assured that they are in the best hands.”
“I was injured in a car accident. The lawyer made sure that I went to my chiropractor sessions and that I get the medical attention needed. I also got MRI’s as needed and also got back injections as needed. He was very persistent on contacting me, even when I wasn’t reachable, and making sure that I got treated right and paid a good amount at the end. He is a very respectful person and great lawyer.”
An Extraordinary Experience
“Thank you for your unwavering commitment to my case. Words do not adequately describe my feelings, when no one seemed to care about an old vet with an injury you were there. I can remember as clearly as though it were yesterday, your sincerity and desire to help me. For that, I will always be grateful. Your endless commitment of time, financial resources and a personal concern for my physical well being surpassed anything I could have expected or imagined.”
24/7 Free Case Evaluation
Los Angeles Office3530 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 710 Los Angeles, CA 90010 Tel: 213-884-4881
Irvine Office17875 Von Karman Ave. Suite 150 & 250 Irvine, CA 92614 Tel: 949-239-1020
Sacramento Office180 Promenade Cir Ste 300 Sacramento, CA 95834 Tel: 916-461-1818
Bakersfield Office3501 Mall View Rd Suite 105 Bakersfield, CA 93306 Tel: 661-409-0000