Animal Injury Attorney in Los Angeles
If you have been injured by an animal, you can get compensated for your injuries.
Ride Share Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Trip and Fall Accident
Ride Share Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Trip and Fall Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Animal Injury Attorneys in Los Angeles
Animal bites or attacks can lead to severe injuries, such as broken bones, lacerations, or even infections. Our Los Angeles dog bite and animal attack injury lawyers know just what it takes to make sure that accident victims get the compensation they need.
Unfortunately, animal attack victims don’t even know that they have the right to file a lawsuit against an animal owner. One of the most common types of animal injuries is dog bites in Los Angeles.
There are around 5.3 million dogs and around 5.7 million cats in Los Angeles County. Los Angeles County is known to have residents who have various pets. But, unfortunately, animals could get a bit aggressive at times which could lead to attacks or bites. If you have been injured by another person’s animal, you have the right to hold the animal owner responsible for the injuries that you have suffered.
It takes a highly qualified attorney to look into the circumstances of the animal attack to determine just how the injuries occurred, and how the animal owner could be held responsible. We are available 24/7 to answer any questions or concerns you may have regarding your animal injuries. Our top-rated attorneys have been representing animal injuries for the last several decades.
What should I do after I have been attacked by an animal in Los Angeles?
There are several steps you should take after being attacked by an animal. The steps you take will help tremendously when you file a lawsuit against the animal owner. To better be prepared, our attorneys have created a general list of some steps you should take. For example, you should:
- Take down the name and number of the animal owner. Take a picture of the owner’s driver’s license. This will come in handy when later serving lawsuit paperwork and tracking the owner down.
- Take photos of the injuries, and where the accident took place. For example, if the animal attack took place in another person’s front yard, take photos of the area.
- Seek medical care as soon as possible. The longer you wait, the more likely the attack injuries could get worse. For example, if an animal bite is not treated properly, it could get infected, and a severe infection could lead to an amputation. When visiting a medical provider after an animal attack injury, they may do various types of imaging to determine exactly what you have suffered and may prescribe pain relief medication or antibiotics to prevent an infection.
- You should report the incident to Los Angeles Animal Control. The animal control authorities will investigate the circumstances. If there is an animal that has a history of biting or attacking others, then they may take steps to discipline the animal.
Who is likely to get attacked by an animal?
The majority of animal injury accidents are children under the age of 10. Unfortunately, children can suffer more severe injuries compared to older adults. For example, a child can suffer a head injury or traumatic brain injury if they are pushed to the ground by an animal. If your child has experienced an animal attack, give us a call.
How much do our animal injury attorneys cost?
Our animal attack and dog bite attorneys work on a contingency fee basis. You do not have to pay our attorneys a single dollar unless we win financial compensation for you. This is a great way to place your trust in us. You do not have to worry about paying for our lawyers up front.
How will our experienced Heidari law lawyers help you?
- Animal attacks and bites are different from a standard car accident or truck accident lawsuit. That’s why you need an experienced personal injury lawyer to make sure that you get top-rated legal care. Sometimes, insurance companies may get involved. When insurance companies are involved, it may result in lower settlement offers.
- You should have an aggressive attorney representing you and communicating with insurance companies to make sure that you get financial compensation.
Our attorneys will help you in various different ways, including:
- Answering any questions or concerns you may have regarding your lawsuit. We know that going through such an experience is difficult. That is why we are here to answer any questions or concerns, starting with a complimentary no-risk consultation with our legal staff.
- Investigating the circumstances of the animal attack. An animal attack could occur in several different ways. Sometimes, an animal owner may even try blaming the attack victim by saying they instigated the attack. We will look into the circumstances working hand in hand with our accident experts.
Dog Laws In Los Angeles
California has different laws in place that hold dog owners responsible for the injuries that their dogs have caused. This is specifically for dog bites. California laws place responsibility on the dog owner for causing injuries and property damage to others.
Other states in America have a one-bite rule, which means that the dog owner will be responsible for the dog bite if the dog has a history of aggressive behavior. But, California does not follow these laws. Instead, California holds the dog owner responsible for the dog bite regardless of the dog’s history. For more information on strict liability and holding the dog owner responsible, contact our top-rated attorneys in Los Angeles. Our Los Angeles personal injury lawyers will be able to assist you and hold the dog owner responsible through various California laws.
Who is responsible for my animal attack injuries?
In dog bite cases, the owner of the dog is usually responsible for the harm that the dog has caused. The owner of the animal does not necessarily mean the person who bought the animal but could also mean the temporary person taking care of the animal. The law looks at who has custody or control over the animal at the time of the attack or bite.
What causes animal attacks?
There are several different reasons why an animal may attack. For example, it could include:
- The owner failed to control the animal
- When the animal is provoked by another person
- When the animal is sleeping, and is disrupted
- When an animal is eating, and is disrupted
- When the animal is being petted by someone unfamiliar
- When someone has trespassed onto another ‘s property
Animal Injury Attorney In Los Angeles
After being injured by an animal, your first thought should be getting medical help. It is very important that you get treatment right away. The longer you wait, the worse it could work in your favor. Our top-rated personal injury attorneys understand how stressful it could be, but want to remind our clients that we will take care of the legal process as they focus on their injuries.
There may be several different types of medical treatments that one may be prescribed. For example, if the dog attack is very severe, the accident victim may need physical therapy.
We are there for our clients every step of the way. For more information, call us today to set up a consultation.
- Los Angeles Accident Attorneys
- Los Angeles Personal Injury Lawyers
- Assault and Battery Attorney
- Los Angeles Broken Bone Injury Attorneys
- Burn Injury Attorneys
- Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Attorney
- Catastrophic Injury Attorneys
- Construction Accident Lawyers
- Dog Bite Injury Attorneys
- Head Injury Attorney
- Nerve Damage Attorney
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Product Liability Attorneys
- Los Angeles Sexual Assault Injuries
- Slip and Fall Attorney in Los Angeles
- Los Angeles Spinal Cord Injury Attorneys
- Los Angeles Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyers
- Los Angeles Employment Law Attorneys
- Age Discrimination Lawyers
- Disability Discrimination Attorneys
- Gender Discrimination Lawyers
- LGBTQ Discrimination Attorneys
- Pregnancy Discrimination Lawyers
- Racial and Ethnic Discrimination Lawyers
- Wage & Hour Dispute Attorneys in Los Angeles
- Whistleblower Protection Lawyer
- Workers’ Compensation Attorney
- Workplace Discrimination Attorneys
- Workplace Harassment Lawyer
- Workplace Retaliation Lawyer
- Wrongful Termination Attorneys
- Los Angeles Bad Faith Insurance Lawyers
- Los Angeles Civil Rights Litigation Attorneys
- Medical Malpractice Attorney
- Data Privacy Attorneys
- Negligent Security Lawyers
- Nursing Home Neglect and Abuse Attorney
- Wrongful Death Attorney in Los Angeles
- Iranian Lawyers & Persian Attorneys in Los Angeles
Amazing Car Accident Lawyer
“Saman is by far true to his word. He truly was available at all times and always kept me updated. In the end, he settled my case with a great results. He didn’t treat me like a file, he treated me as if he was representing family. If you are looking for open, fast, thorough and a detailed lawyer, look no further. I will definitely recommend him to anyone seeking legal services who wants to feel assured that they are in the best hands.”
“I was injured in a car accident. The lawyer made sure that I went to my chiropractor sessions and that I get the medical attention needed. I also got MRI’s as needed and also got back injections as needed. He was very persistent on contacting me, even when I wasn’t reachable, and making sure that I got treated right and paid a good amount at the end. He is a very respectful person and great lawyer.”
An Extraordinary Experience
“Thank you for your unwavering commitment to my case. Words do not adequately describe my feelings, when no one seemed to care about an old vet with an injury you were there. I can remember as clearly as though it were yesterday, your sincerity and desire to help me. For that, I will always be grateful. Your endless commitment of time, financial resources and a personal concern for my physical well being surpassed anything I could have expected or imagined.”
24/7 Free Case Evaluation
Los Angeles Office3530 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 710 Los Angeles, CA 90010 Tel: 213-884-4881
Irvine Office17875 Von Karman Ave. Suite 150 & 250 Irvine, CA 92614 Tel: 949-239-1020
Sacramento Office180 Promenade Cir Ste 300 Sacramento, CA 95834 Tel: 916-461-1818
Bakersfield Office3501 Mall View Rd Suite 105 Bakersfield, CA 93306 Tel: 661-409-0000