Big Rig Accident Attorney in Los Angeles
Big rigs are very common in Los Angeles, and sometimes lead to devastating injuries in the event of accident.
Ride Share Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Trip and Fall Accident
Ride Share Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Trip and Fall Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Big Rig Accident Attorneys in Los Angeles
Call our Los Angeles experienced big rig accident lawyers for more information on how you may be eligible to recover the compensation you need to move forward with your life. Big rig accidents can cause catastrophic injuries, such as traumatic brain injuries and spinal cord injuries. They may even lead to fatalities in the event that a big rig collides with a bicyclist, motorcyclist, or pedestrian.
It takes an experienced personal injury lawyer to make sure that you get the compensation you need, and the justice you need by holding the negligent party responsible. There are several different parties that could be held responsible in a big rig accident, but to better determine who the responsible party is for your case, call our top-rated Los Angeles lawyers.
Our top-rated Los Angeles lawyers offer free one-on-one case evaluations. Call us today to schedule your one-on-one case evaluation with our highly-rated legal team. During this case evaluation, you will get to know our attorneys a bit better as we ask various questions to see how we can strengthen your truck accident claim.
What is a big rig?
A big rig is also referred to as a semi-truck. A big rig could include a tractor truck, a trailer truck, or an 18-wheeler. Essentially, big rigs are commercial vehicles used to transport goods from one point to another. This is especially common in Los Angeles since the city is heavily populated, and there’s a constant need for goods all throughout the county.
After the worldwide pandemic, many people resorted to online shopping. This online shopping then began the increase in the number of delivery trucks and semi trucks on the road as people got used to the fast delivery times of their orders. Because of this, the number of big rig accidents has increased, especially in big cities like Los Angeles.
Could I receive compensation for a big rig accident in Los Angeles?
You may be eligible to receive compensation after a big rig accident; this is referred to as damages. But the damages that you receive depend on the circumstances of the big rig accident. For example, this depends on factors such as:
- The liability of the other party: sometimes, the injured party could also be responsible for themselves. Fortunately, Los Angeles follows comparative fault laws that still allow an injured party to recover compensation even if they were partially responsible for their injuries.
- The amount of time spent out of work: the injured party may have a job that they are unable to physically return to. For example, if the injured party has sustained back injuries, they most likely may not be able to return back to their desk job.
- The severity of the injured party’s injuries: big rig accidents usually result in permanent and traumatic injuries, and so the more severe it is, the more likely that the injured party is able to get compensated.
- Where the accident occurred: sometimes, where the accident occurred could also play a key role in determining the responsible parties, and the compensation that the injured party could receive.
- The medical expenses: the severity of the injuries also determines the amount of medical expenses that the injured party may have accumulated. Besides past medical expenses, the injured party could also recover future medical costs that medical experts foresee the party may need.
- Property damage: usually, no matter what a big rig collides with, there may be some form of property damage that results. For example, it’s a big rig collided with your vehicle, and your vehicle is now considered totaled, you may be able to recover compensation to replace your vehicle.
Above are just some factors that determine the amount of compensation you could receive, along with what exactly you could receive after an accident with a big rig. But to specifically discuss your case, contact us to schedule a complimentary risk-free consultation.
Big Rig Accident Statistics In Los Angeles
- There are around 2,000 injuries caused by big rig accidents in Los Angeles County in a single year
- 67% of fatalities that result from big rig accidents are usually the occupant of the other vehicle rather than the truck occupant
- 10% of fatalities that result from big rig accidents account for the truck occupant
- California is one of the top 10 states for big rig accidents in the United States according to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration
- In the last 5 years, Los Angeles County has experienced an increase of 30% in fatalities resulting from big rig accidents
How can I prevent a big rig accident?
Although you cannot 100% prevent a big rig accident because of other drivers on the road, we recommend that you take some steps to prevent any future big rig accidents:
- Never drive close to a big rig. Make sure that you are never in a big rig’s blind spot.
- Always keep a safe distance between yourself and the big rake to make sure that you do not tailgate the truck.
- Do not pass a truck that is moving slowly or turning slowly. Usually, big rigs need large space to turn and may drive straight towards you.
- Never run a red light, and always make sure that you obey necessary laws in Los Angeles County.
- Speeding is one of the most common causes of accidents with big rigs.
- Always make sure that you scan around your vehicle and that you are aware of other drivers and vehicles at all times.
- If you notice that a big rig is swerving on the freeway, make sure that you keep a safe distance from them. Unfortunately, fatigue driving is a very common reason for big rig accidents in Los Angeles.
If you see a drunk driver behind a big rig, make sure that you report it.
Speak To An Experienced Los Angeles Truck Accident Attorney Today
If you have been involved in a big rig accident, or know someone who has been involved in a big accident, the best thing you can do for yourself is get the medical care and attention you need. Medical care and attention will be very important not only to help you physically but also when determining the cost that you should be owed from the responsible party. A medical professional will also be able to determine any future care that you may need.
Another smart move that you can make after a big rig accident is having a highly qualified big rig attorney on your side. Unfortunately, immediately after an accident, we have witnessed several accident victims get calls from insurance companies in an effort to settle for a lesser amount. We recommend that you refrain from speaking to insurance companies until you have spoken to our Los Angeles accident lawyers.
At Heidari law, we are committed to making sure that accident victims get the top-rated legal care that they deserve. We work hard to make sure that our clients’ rights are protected. Our big rig accident attorneys are on standby and ready to help you every step of the way. Whether it is a settlement or a judgment, our attorneys are not afraid to stand up for your rights and fight aggressively for you. Call Heidari Law Group today for a free consultation and case review.
- Los Angeles Accident Attorneys
- Los Angeles Personal Injury Lawyers
- Assault and Battery Attorney
- Los Angeles Broken Bone Injury Attorneys
- Burn Injury Attorneys
- Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Attorney
- Catastrophic Injury Attorneys
- Construction Accident Lawyers
- Dog Bite Injury Attorneys
- Head Injury Attorney
- Nerve Damage Attorney
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Product Liability Attorneys
- Los Angeles Sexual Assault Injuries
- Slip and Fall Attorney in Los Angeles
- Los Angeles Spinal Cord Injury Attorneys
- Los Angeles Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyers
- Los Angeles Employment Law Attorneys
- Age Discrimination Lawyers
- Disability Discrimination Attorneys
- Gender Discrimination Lawyers
- LGBTQ Discrimination Attorneys
- Pregnancy Discrimination Lawyers
- Racial and Ethnic Discrimination Lawyers
- Wage & Hour Dispute Attorneys in Los Angeles
- Whistleblower Protection Lawyer
- Workers’ Compensation Attorney
- Workplace Discrimination Attorneys
- Workplace Harassment Lawyer
- Workplace Retaliation Lawyer
- Wrongful Termination Attorneys
- Los Angeles Bad Faith Insurance Lawyers
- Los Angeles Civil Rights Litigation Attorneys
- Medical Malpractice Attorney
- Data Privacy Attorneys
- Negligent Security Lawyers
- Nursing Home Neglect and Abuse Attorney
- Wrongful Death Attorney in Los Angeles
- Iranian Lawyers & Persian Attorneys in Los Angeles
Amazing Car Accident Lawyer
“Saman is by far true to his word. He truly was available at all times and always kept me updated. In the end, he settled my case with a great results. He didn’t treat me like a file, he treated me as if he was representing family. If you are looking for open, fast, thorough and a detailed lawyer, look no further. I will definitely recommend him to anyone seeking legal services who wants to feel assured that they are in the best hands.”
“I was injured in a car accident. The lawyer made sure that I went to my chiropractor sessions and that I get the medical attention needed. I also got MRI’s as needed and also got back injections as needed. He was very persistent on contacting me, even when I wasn’t reachable, and making sure that I got treated right and paid a good amount at the end. He is a very respectful person and great lawyer.”
An Extraordinary Experience
“Thank you for your unwavering commitment to my case. Words do not adequately describe my feelings, when no one seemed to care about an old vet with an injury you were there. I can remember as clearly as though it were yesterday, your sincerity and desire to help me. For that, I will always be grateful. Your endless commitment of time, financial resources and a personal concern for my physical well being surpassed anything I could have expected or imagined.”
24/7 Free Case Evaluation
Los Angeles Office3530 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 710 Los Angeles, CA 90010 Tel: 213-884-4881
Irvine Office17875 Von Karman Ave. Suite 150 & 250 Irvine, CA 92614 Tel: 949-239-1020
Sacramento Office180 Promenade Cir Ste 300 Sacramento, CA 95834 Tel: 916-461-1818
Bakersfield Office3501 Mall View Rd Suite 105 Bakersfield, CA 93306 Tel: 661-409-0000