Work-Related Injury Attorney in Los Angeles
Being injured on the job is not easy. If you have been injured while at work, call our Los Angeles personal injury attorneys for your complimentary one-on-one consultation.
Ride Share Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Trip and Fall Accident
Ride Share Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Trip and Fall Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Los Angles Work-Related Injury Attorney
There are around 100,000 Los Angeles County employees. There are around 73,000 employees that work in the Los Angeles Unified School District. These are only government jobs, and there are hundreds of thousands of more employees in private companies. Every employer in California has a responsibility to make sure that the property is safe and clear from any dangerous conditions.
Contact our workers’ compensation attorneys if you have been injured while at work. Our top rated Los Angeles personal injury attorneys understand what a stressful and traumatic experience it can be to get injured on the job. If you or someone you know has been injured while at work, you have the right to file a lawsuit in Los Angeles, California. There are many rights given to employees in California. The most important right is the right to a safe workplace environment, and the right to recover compensation should an employee be injured while on the job. This is referred to as workers’ compensation.
Workers compensation is also referred to as workman’s comp, and it is meant to help employees get treatment in the event that they have been injured. During this time, an employee is given the opportunity to get medical treatment and attend appointments, while also taking time off work to heal from those injuries.
Workers’ compensation can be a very complex process, especially with the different factors that you may have to prove. Our top-rated Los Angeles workers’ compensation attorneys have decades of experience getting compensation for hardworking employees who were injured. Without an experienced workers’ compensation attorney, you may not receive all compensation that you have the right to. That is why we recommend that you set up a one-on-one case consultation with our team. Our consultations are completely free and risk-free, meaning that you can place your trust in our attorneys and ask us anything about your potential work-related injury accident.
What will our workers’ compensation attorneys do?
- Our attorneys will make sure that we get maximum compensation for you. There are several different factors to consider when seeking workers’ compensation benefits, such as the extent of the physical injuries, and the time that you may need to take out of work. For example, if you have experienced a temporary disability, you may be able to receive compensation for medical treatments, along with time out of work. If you have experienced a permanent disability, then your compensation may differ since you may need future medical care and at-home care.
- We will research and investigate the circumstances of the work-related accident to make sure that you have a strong case on your side. Unfortunately, an employer may try to fight back against the workers’ compensation claim and make the argument that the employee was not insured on the job. We will investigate the circumstances of the accident to determine how you were injured and how the accident happened.
- We will negotiate with insurance companies to make sure that you get top-rated legal care. Insurance companies are very difficult to deal with, especially when seeking workers’ compensation. We will aggressively argue for the compensation that you deserve.
- We will work with a contingency fee agreement, which is essentially no risk for you. This means that you do not have to pay for our attorneys out of pocket, instead, our attorneys will take a percentage of the compensation we receive for you. We understand that after being injured on the job, you may not have the necessary funds to pay for an attorney upfront.
What are common injuries associated with a worker’s compensation claim?
Below are some examples of work-related injuries that are very common in California:
What compensation could I receive for my work-related injuries in Los Angeles?
The compensation you receive depends on a variety of circumstances, including:
- Medical treatments: you are able to recover compensation for medical treatments, which could include hospital stay, prescription medication, surgery, physical therapy, etc.
- Temporary disability: temporary disability is a term given by your doctor to determine what type of injuries you have suffered.
- Permanent disability: permanent disability is also a term that your doctor may decide you have suffered in the event that you have gone through a catastrophic injury.
Can I still file a lawsuit if I have been injured at work?
Many people may think that just because they have filed their workers’ compensation claim, they have no right to file an independent civil lawsuit. That is not the case. When you recover workers compensation from your employer, you do not have the right to file a lawsuit against your employer. But, you could file a lawsuit against a third party in the event that a third party was responsible for your injuries. For example, if a product manufacturer or a contractor was responsible for your injuries, then you may be able to recover compensation from them through a civil lawsuit.
For example, if you were using a ladder while on the job, and one of the ladder rungs was defective and gave up on you, resulting in a fall, you have the right to recover workers’ compensation benefits since you were injured while at work. But, you could also file a lawsuit against the ladder product manufacturer under a product liability lawsuit. This product liability lawsuit is a civil lawsuit that is filed in court.
When can I file my workers’ compensation claim in California?
There is a time limit on which you could file a claim for your work-related injuries. Usually, you have to report the injury to your employer within 30 days of the accident. You must report this injury, or it could be used against you, and your employer may deny both your workers’ compensation claim and any future civil lawsuits that you may file. You have a year to file a workers’ compensation claim in California.
Can I get fired for filing a work-related injury lawsuit or workers’ compensation claim?
Under California law, all employees are protected from retaliation. This means that an employer cannot retaliate against an employee if an employee were to file a civil lawsuit or file a workers’ compensation claim. In the event that you have been fired, reduced hours, or have experienced unfair treatment by your employer after filing a claim, you have the right to file an employment lawsuit for workplace retaliation.
Work-Related Injury Attorney In Los Angeles Near Me
Contact us to schedule a free consultation with our top Los Angeles attorneys to discuss how you could recover compensation for your work-related injuries. You essentially have nothing to lose when it comes to speaking to our labor law attorneys. You’ll have the opportunity to get to know our attorneys a little bit more while also learning about what steps you should take to move forward with your case.
Unfortunately, several different types of accidents can happen in the workplace. These types of accidents are almost always avoidable. Make sure that you hold the responsible party accountable, and that you get compensated for your time out of work, and for your medical treatments.
- Los Angeles Accident Attorneys
- Los Angeles Personal Injury Lawyers
- Assault and Battery Attorney
- Los Angeles Broken Bone Injury Attorneys
- Burn Injury Attorneys
- Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Attorney
- Catastrophic Injury Attorneys
- Construction Accident Lawyers
- Dog Bite Injury Attorneys
- Head Injury Attorney
- Nerve Damage Attorney
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Product Liability Attorneys
- Los Angeles Sexual Assault Injuries
- Slip and Fall Attorney in Los Angeles
- Los Angeles Spinal Cord Injury Attorneys
- Los Angeles Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyers
- Los Angeles Employment Law Attorneys
- Age Discrimination Lawyers
- Disability Discrimination Attorneys
- Gender Discrimination Lawyers
- LGBTQ Discrimination Attorneys
- Pregnancy Discrimination Lawyers
- Racial and Ethnic Discrimination Lawyers
- Wage & Hour Dispute Attorneys in Los Angeles
- Whistleblower Protection Lawyer
- Workers’ Compensation Attorney
- Workplace Discrimination Attorneys
- Workplace Harassment Lawyer
- Workplace Retaliation Lawyer
- Wrongful Termination Attorneys
- Los Angeles Bad Faith Insurance Lawyers
- Los Angeles Civil Rights Litigation Attorneys
- Medical Malpractice Attorney
- Data Privacy Attorneys
- Negligent Security Lawyers
- Nursing Home Neglect and Abuse Attorney
- Wrongful Death Attorney in Los Angeles
- Iranian Lawyers & Persian Attorneys in Los Angeles
Amazing Car Accident Lawyer
“Saman is by far true to his word. He truly was available at all times and always kept me updated. In the end, he settled my case with a great results. He didn’t treat me like a file, he treated me as if he was representing family. If you are looking for open, fast, thorough and a detailed lawyer, look no further. I will definitely recommend him to anyone seeking legal services who wants to feel assured that they are in the best hands.”
“I was injured in a car accident. The lawyer made sure that I went to my chiropractor sessions and that I get the medical attention needed. I also got MRI’s as needed and also got back injections as needed. He was very persistent on contacting me, even when I wasn’t reachable, and making sure that I got treated right and paid a good amount at the end. He is a very respectful person and great lawyer.”
An Extraordinary Experience
“Thank you for your unwavering commitment to my case. Words do not adequately describe my feelings, when no one seemed to care about an old vet with an injury you were there. I can remember as clearly as though it were yesterday, your sincerity and desire to help me. For that, I will always be grateful. Your endless commitment of time, financial resources and a personal concern for my physical well being surpassed anything I could have expected or imagined.”
24/7 Free Case Evaluation
Los Angeles Office3530 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 710 Los Angeles, CA 90010 Tel: 213-884-4881
Irvine Office17875 Von Karman Ave. Suite 150 & 250 Irvine, CA 92614 Tel: 949-239-1020
Sacramento Office180 Promenade Cir Ste 300 Sacramento, CA 95834 Tel: 916-461-1818
Bakersfield Office3501 Mall View Rd Suite 105 Bakersfield, CA 93306 Tel: 661-409-0000