Car Accident Lawyer in Las Vegas
Car accidents in Las Vegas, Nevada could be very dangerous and deadly, especially because the city is populated with tourists and residents. Having a trusted attorney on your side during the unfortunate event that you are involved in a car accident will help when getting compensated for your injuries. Our Las Vegas car accident attorneys are always dedicated and work tirelessly to make sure that our clients get the help they deserve.
Our Las Vegas car accident attorneys offer free consultations where we will review all the details involving your Las Vegas accident, and determine what the best steps to take are.
Car accident lawsuits could get tricky, especially when there are multiple parties involved. Having a highly qualified Las Vegas multi-car accident attorney on your side will help when determining exactly which party was responsible for your injuries.
If you have been involved in a car accident in Las Vegas, you’re entitled to collect compensation from the at-fault party. The hard part is determining liability and making sure that you have all of the right evidence to show that the other party was negligent in causing the accident.
Ride Share Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Trip and Fall Accident
Ride Share Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Trip and Fall Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Las Vegas Car Accident Statistics
According to the Nevada Office of Traffic Safety:
- Motorcyclists in Nevada are 28 times more likely to die in a car accident. Reasons for this may be because of the lack of motorcycle-friendly laws in Nevada.
- 63% of pedestrian fatalities occur when there is no crosswalk. This is especially common on the Las Vegas Strip.
- Speed accounts for nearly one-third of all traffic accident fatalities in Nevada.
- Around 40% of auto accidents in Las Vegas are caused by drunk drivers.
- Car accidents are most likely to occur during the summer months.
- The most fatalities occurred in Clark County, Nevada than any other County.
- There were around 24,000 car accidents reported in Las Vegas in a single year.
- The majority of car accidents occurred between the hours of 4:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. on a weekday.
- Males are more likely to be involved in a car accident in Las Vegas than females.
- Drivers between the ages of 25 to 34 years old are more likely to be involved in a car accident compared to any other age range.
Keep in mind that these numbers could be so much more because these are just the reported accidents. There are so many accidents that go unreported each year.
What causes car accidents in Las Vegas?
Below are some examples of common causes of car accidents in Las Vegas:
- Speeding: speeding at very high excessive speeds, especially in areas where there are tourists walking around on the sidewalks, could be very dangerous and cause severe injuries, oftentimes even death.
- Drunk driving: given that the Las Vegas Strip is located in the state of Nevada, drunk driving is one of the top causes of car accidents in Nevada.
- Distracted driving: the city of Las Vegas has several different types of rideshare services available to tourists. When a driver is driving for a rideshare company, whether it is Uber or Lyft, they are constantly on their phone and checking to see if there are any other trips they have to make. This type of distracted driving could cause severe injuries to other pedestrians walking on the strip or crossing the road.
- Fatigued driving: since the city has thousands of tourists each year, there are trucks that drive in and out of the city every day carrying in large amounts of inventory. These truck drivers may not have had a steady shift and proper sleep. This increases the likelihood of a fatigued driving car accident.
- Texting and driving
- Reckless driving
- Inexperienced drivers
- Aggressive driving
- Poor road conditions
Will I get pulled over for not wearing a seatbelt in Nevada?
Our attorneys have extensive knowledge of both California and Nevada law and understand the core differences. One difference is that Nevada is one of the 16 states in the United States that does not primarily enforce front seat belt laws.
This means that if a driver is simply not wearing a seatbelt in Las Vegas, they most likely will not get pulled over. This then encourages many people not to wear a seatbelt, which could cause car accidents. But, if the driver breaks the law (such as speeding) and is not wearing a seatbelt, they could get penalized for both.
Wearing a seatbelt is one of the most effective ways to prevent a car accident in Nevada. It is something so simple that all drivers should do as soon as they get into the vehicle.
What are the most dangerous roads in Las Vegas?
According to the Nevada Department of Transportation, Las Vegas has several dangerous roads that result in severe injuries and fatalities every year. If you have an injury on any of the dangerous roads below, contact our Las Vegas top rated attorneys immediately to discuss how you could receive maximum compensation for your injuries.
The number one road that is the most dangerous in Las Vegas is Las Vegas Boulevard. You are more likely to get involved in an accident on Las Vegas Boulevard then any other road in the city of Las Vegas. The number one reason for this is because of the high congestion, coupled with a mixture of pedestrians, bicyclists, motorcyclists, buses, and trucks on the road.
- Northbound IR 15
- Interstate 15
- Southbound IR 15
- State Route 589
- Sahara Avenue
- State Route 147
- Decatur Boulevard
- Flamingo Road
- Lake Mead Boulevard
- Eastern Avenue
- State Route 595
- Rainbow Boulevard
- Jones Boulevard
- Charleston Boulevard
- Alta Drive
- Lone Mountain
- West Oakey
- 15 N
- US95 N
- Teddy Drive
Where are the most dangerous intersections in Las Vegas?
The most dangerous intersections according to the Nevada Department of Transportation are:
- 215 And Lone Mountain
- SR 596 and West Oakey
- 15N and US95N
- Sahara Avenue and Teddy Drive
If you have been injured at any of these dangerous intersections in Las Vegas, contact our car accident attorneys immediately.
What type of compensation could you receive for a car accident lawsuit in Las Vegas?
The compensation you could recover depends on the circumstances of the accident. For example, severe accidents, such as pedestrian and bicycle accidents could cause a larger number of damages compared to other accidents. Examples of damages you could receive in a car accident include:
- Past lost wages: if you took time off work to recover from your injuries.
- Future lost income: if your injuries are so severe that it will impact your future work.
- Property damage: if your vehicle or bicycle was damaged in an accident.
- Pain and suffering: this refers to the emotional distress that takes a toll onto the victim.
- Punitive damages: this is only offered in certain circumstances when the driver engaged in extremely reckless behavior, such as drunk driving.
- Medical bills
- Physical therapy
- Counseling services
- Emergency room bills
- Out-of-pocket expense
Car Accident Wrongful Death in Las Vegas
Wrongful death is a legal term used to refer to a type of lawsuit that someone files on behalf of their deceased family member. This allows a family member to step into the position of the deceased to hold the person responsible for the victim’s death.
This gives the surviving family members of the victim a right to get compensated for any damages that they have suffered. For example, surviving family members could recover funeral and burial costs, along with loss of financial support by filing a wrongful death lawsuit.
What are common injuries caused by a car accident in Las Vegas?
What to Do After a Car Accident in Las Vegas
The steps to take after an accident could impact your ability to file a lawsuit later in the future. That is why each step you take could be important to getting compensation from the liable party. Below is a list of steps our Las Vegas attorneys recommend you take in order to ensure you have a safe and smooth process.
- Make sure that you are out of the way of any oncoming vehicles to prevent another accident. This means that if you are in the way, and your car has not suffered severe damages, you could move it out of the way and onto the side of the road. If not, make sure that you turn your car’s hazard lights on.
- Call 911 immediately. Although you may not feel it at the moment, a car accident could cause very severe injuries. Not many feel pain immediately after an accident because of the adrenaline. Even if you do not call 911, we recommend that you see a medical professional after the accident to get an evaluation.
- Call the police. A police officer will come to the accident scene and generate a report. This report could be very important when filing a lawsuit later in the future.
- Make sure that you exchange important information with other parties involved in the accident, along with the witnesses. Take photos of the accident scene, along with all the property damage suffered. Examples of information that you should take are:
- Driver and passenger names and contact information (email, phone number, home address)
- Vehicle descriptions
- Driver’s license numbers
- License plate numbers
- Insurance companies and policy numbers
- Eyewitness names and contact information
- Accident scene location and details
- Police officer’s badge number and name
- Hire a Las Vegas personal injury attorney as soon as possible to make sure that your rights are well-represented. Our attorneys are on standby, and ready to take on any accident. Call our experienced Las Vegas legal team today.
What should I not do after a car accident in Las Vegas?
- We recommend that you refrain from speaking to any parties after the accident until you have spoken with an experienced car accident attorney. Do not speak to any insurance adjusters, investigators, attorneys, or any other people that ask you for details and catch you off guard.
- Our top rated Las Vegas attorneys also recommend that you stay off of social media. Anything that you post could be used against you.
- Do not delay getting medical treatment, the longer that you wait to get treatment, the more likely it will be used against you. The other party could blame you for any of the injuries that you have suffered. For example, if you suffered any injuries from any cuts from the accident, the other party could hold you responsible for it.
How can I file a car accident lawsuit in Nevada?
There are two major steps you could take after you have been involved in an accident in Nevada. These steps include:
- Filing a claim with your insurance company in Nevada: all insureds must report an accident they were involved in to their insurance company. Sometimes, you are not able to file a lawsuit unless you have reported the accident and filed a claim with the insurance company. Your claim will then be assigned to an insurance adjuster, who will review all the details of the Las Vegas car accident and determine liability.
- Filing a lawsuit against the insurance company or the other driver: filing a lawsuit takes place in Nevada courts, and has a specific set of rules that the plaintiff, also known as the person filing the lawsuit, should follow. The party you would file a lawsuit against depends on the circumstances of the lawsuit. For more information, contact our car accident attorneys today.
Auto Accident Lawyers in Las Vegas FAQs
When should I hire an attorney?
With an auto accident comes a host of questions – Who is at fault? Who’ll pay for the medical bills and damage to the car? Will insurance reimburse me for lost wages?
The world of insurance claims and settlements can be confusing. Taking on this challenge on your own is not wise either. After all, the insurance company lawyers will always do what they can to minimize financial exposure.
Hiring a Las Vegas personal injury attorney as soon as possible ensures that you will get answers to your legal questions. You will have someone fighting for your best interests and pursuing the maximum compensation. Call us immediately if you’ve been in a car accident and:
- You suffered injuries and/or significant damage to your car
- It’s possible or obvious that someone else’s actions played a role in causing the accident
- The other driver’s insurance carrier has offered you a low settlement
- A loved one passed away due to injuries caused by the accident
- You sustained severe and permanent injuries during the accident
- Your accident was due to the negligence of a government agency
How is Fault Determined in a Car Accident?
There are different ways to determine fault in an accident. It takes a highly qualified Las Vegas accident attorney to investigate the lawsuit to determine exactly how the accident happened, and who could be responsible for causing the accident. Different types of documents that an attorney would look at when determining car accident liability are:
- Police accident report
- Eyewitness testimony
- Expert testimony
- Traffic laws
- Medical records
- Photos of the incident scene
- Photos of the property damage
How Do I Settle an Auto Accident Claim Without a Lawyer in Las Vegas?
Before you start negotiating a settlement, evaluate the extent of your damages. Don’t just focus on the physical injuries and damage to your car. What expenses have you incurred since the accident?
Everything from medical bills to lost income as a result of missing work and future damages should be noted.
Craft your demand letter detailing the extent of your injuries and losses. Use actual numbers as much as possible. Once the insurance company submits a counteroffer, either accept it or keep negotiating. Try to settle the claim outside the court to save time, money, and the expense of having to hire an attorney.
If you decide to proceed to court, research the settlements of other drivers with a similar case received in previous lawsuits. Keep in mind that if you lose, you’ll have to pay the other driver’s lawyer fees.
More importantly, understand that representing yourself isn’t always the best option. Car accident lawyers have extensive experience navigating the settlement process and will get you a higher amount more quickly.
Can I Change My Car Accident Lawyer?
Yes, you can switch your injury attorney in the middle of a case. The realization that you hired the wrong lawyer often sets in 2-3 weeks after the accident, and your case isn’t progressing. It’s time to get a better Las Vegas auto accident lawyer if:
- The lawyer isn’t returning your calls
- Your case isn’t progressing
- The lawyer keeps pressuring you to accept a low settlement
- You don’t trust your lawyer
- Your lawyer isn’t interested in explaining the legal proceedings
- Your lawyer’s strategy doesn’t make sense
Unless there is an offer from the other driver’s insurance carrier, firing your accident lawyer is quite easy. You won’t be billed and are entitled to your complete file. The lawyer who takes over will have to pay the original attorney’s lien. This won’t come out of your pocket.
Changing your lawyer in the middle of a personal injury claim won’t hurt your case – it will only help it.
If you retain a car accident lawyer at Heidari Law Group, we will pay any money your former attorney is owed. You won’t have to pay a dime unless we win your case, and we’ll get you and your family the compensation you deserve.
What Happens If You Lose a Car Accident Lawsuit?
A small percentage of claim cases go to trial and lose. Some can’t even go to trial because of a problem with the case that’s too big to deal with or a lack of witnesses. Whatever the reason, you can expect the following if you lose an auto accident lawsuit.
You may have to take the compensation offered if you’re the plaintiff. This may happen if the jury finds that you’re partially responsible for the accident. If you are the defendant, you may have to pay the compensation out of your pocket. If you don’t have cash for the settlement, the sheriff may seize and auction your assets. If you don’t have cash or assets, any future asset or income will be garnished until the debt is paid off.
There are some steps you can take to prevent a legal defeat. For starters, enlist the help of an experienced auto accident lawyer in Las Vegas. You should also avoid giving false statements or sharing case details with the opposition. Gather photographic evidence of the accident and visit the doctor for appropriate treatment of the injuries suffered. Last but not least, don’t talk about the accident on social media.
How Long Does a Car Accident Lawsuit Take in Las Vegas?
There is no way to predict how long a personal injury will take to get resolved. It could take a few months or years, with the possibility of a settlement. However, the following timeline of an auto accident claim and the lawsuit should give you an idea of how long things can take.
- Get medical treatment.
- Choose your Las Vegas personal injury attorney.
- Your lawyer begins the investigation. During this time, depositions take place. Depositions are essentially question and answers sessions with eyewitnesses, doctors, experts, third parties, and the injured victim.
- A lawsuit is filed.
- Demands and negotiations. Cases usually settle at the stage, because both parties would prefer not going to trial because trial is very costly.
If you or a loved one have been involved in an accident in Las Vegas, make sure you reach out to our top-rated Las Vegas attorneys at Heidari law to schedule a consultation and speak to one of our highly experienced attorneys. We have several offices located in Nevada and California and are available 24/7 to our clients to make sure that we hold at fault parties accountable for compensation.
Heidari Law Group Las Vegas Practice Areas
- Las Vegas Personal Injury Lawyers
- Las Vegas Assault and Battery Attorneys
- Las Vegas Slip and Fall Lawyers
- Las Vegas Spinal Cord Injury Attorneys
- Las Vegas Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyers
- Las Vegas Wrongful Death Attorneys
- Las Vegas Dog Bites Lawyers
- Las Vegas DUI & Drunk Driver Crashes Attorneys
- Las Vegas Workers’ Compensation Attorneys
- Las Vegas Persian Attorneys & Iranian Lawyers
- Las Vegas Car Accident Attorneys
- Las Vegas Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
- Las Vegas Bike Accident Attorneys
- Las Vegas Truck Accident Lawyers
- Las Vegas Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
- Las Vegas Bus Accident Lawyers
- Las Vegas Ride Share Accident Attorneys
- Las Vegas Uber & Lyft Accident Lawyers
- Las Vegas Accident Attorneys
- Airline and Plane Accidents
- ATV Accident Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Bicycle Accident Attorney
- Bicycle Accident Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Big Rig Accident Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Boating Accident Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Bus Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Car Accident Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Dog Bite Injury Lawyer in Las Vegas
- DUI and Drunk Driving Attorney in Las Vegas
- Freeway Accident Injury Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Helicopter Tour Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Limo and Shuttle Accident Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Loaner and Rental Car Accident Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Lyft and Uber Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Motorcycle Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Multi-Car Accident Attorney In Las Vegas
- Pedestrian Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- RV Accident Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Scooter Accident Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Slip and Fall Attorney in Las Vegas
- Taxi Cab Accident Attorneys
- Train & Monorail Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Transit Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Truck Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Uninsured and Underinsured Motorists Attorney in Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Personal Injury Attorney
- Animal Injury Attorneys in las Vegas
- Assault and Battery Attorneys in Las Vegas
- Broken Bone Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Burn Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Lawyers
- Catastrophic Injury Attorney
- Child Injury Attorneys
- Construction Accident & Injury Lawyers
- Crane Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Dangerous Prescriptions and Drugs Attorney in Las Vegas
- Dog Bite Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Elevator Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Fire & Explosions Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Golf Cart Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Head Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Horseback Riding Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Mass Gathering Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Nerve Damage Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Passenger Injury Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Seat Belt Injury Compensation Lawyers in Las Vegas
- Sexual Assault Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Slip and Fall Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Spinal Cord Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Sports Injury Lawyers In Las Vegas
- Swimming Pool Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Traumatic Brain Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Work-Related Injury Lawyers in Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Employment Law Attorneys
- Age Discrimination Attorneys Las Vegas
- Disability Discrimination Attorney Las Vegas
- Gender and Sex Discrimination Attorneys Las Vegas
- Pregnancy Discrimination Attorney Las Vegas
- Scaffolding Accident Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Wage & Hour Dispute Attorneys Las Vegas
- Whistleblower Retaliation Lawyers in Las Vegas
- Workers’ Compensation Attorney in Las Vegas
- Workplace Discrimination Attorneys Las Vegas
- Workplace Harassment Lawyers Las Vegas
- Workplace Retaliation Lawyer Las Vegas
- Wrongful Termination Attorneys in Las Vegas
- Top Rated Las Vegas Racial Discrimination Lawyers
- Real Estate Lawyers in Las Vegas
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- AirBNB Injury Attorneys in Las Vegas
- Automatic Sliding Door Injury
Attorney in Las Vegas
- Concert and Live Event Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Factory Injury Lawyers in Las Vegas
- Garage Door Accident Injury Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Grocery Store Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Gym Accident Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Parking Lot Accident Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Restaurant Injury Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Theme Park Ride Injury Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Trampoline Park Injury Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Product Liability Attorney in Las Vegas
- Civil Rights Litigation Attorneys in Las Vegas
- Medical Malpractice Attorney in Las Vegas
- Wrongful Death Attorney in Las Vegas
- Data Privacy Attorneys in Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Negligent Security Lawyer
- Las Vegas Nursing Home Neglect Attorney
- Persian Attorneys & Iranian Lawyers in Las Vegas
Amazing Car Accident Lawyer
“Saman is by far true to his word. He truly was available at all times and always kept me updated. In the end, he settled my case with a great results. He didn’t treat me like a file, he treated me as if he was representing family. If you are looking for open, fast, thorough and a detailed lawyer, look no further. I will definitely recommend him to anyone seeking legal services who wants to feel assured that they are in the best hands.”
“I was injured in a car accident. The lawyer made sure that I went to my chiropractor sessions and that I get the medical attention needed. I also got MRI’s as needed and also got back injections as needed. He was very persistent on contacting me, even when I wasn’t reachable, and making sure that I got treated right and paid a good amount at the end. He is a very respectful person and great lawyer.”
An Extraordinary Experience
“Thank you for your unwavering commitment to my case. Words do not adequately describe my feelings, when no one seemed to care about an old vet with an injury you were there. I can remember as clearly as though it were yesterday, your sincerity and desire to help me. For that, I will always be grateful. Your endless commitment of time, financial resources and a personal concern for my physical well being surpassed anything I could have expected or imagined.”
24/7 Free Case Evaluation
Los Angeles Office3530 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 710 Los Angeles, CA 90010 Tel: 213-884-4881
Irvine Office17875 Von Karman Ave. Suite 150 & 250 Irvine, CA 92614 Tel: 949-239-1020
Sacramento Office180 Promenade Cir Ste 300 Sacramento, CA 95834 Tel: 916-461-1818
Bakersfield Office3501 Mall View Rd Suite 105 Bakersfield, CA 93306 Tel: 661-409-0000