Las Vegas Taxi Cab Accident Attorneys
Have you been in a taxi cab accident in Las Vegas? Contact our personal injury attorneys at Heidari Law Group for a case evaluation.
Ride Share Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Trip and Fall Accident
Ride Share Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Trip and Fall Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Las Vegas Taxi Cab Accident Attorneys
Because the city of Las Vegas, Nevada is very congested, many people may take taxis to get from one point to another. Many tourists fly into the city, and do not have a rental vehicle to drive around. The use of taxis in Las Vegas is very common, but accidents are common as well.
If you have found yourself in a taxi cab accident in Las Vegas, there are specific steps that you should take to make sure that you get the compensation that you deserve. It takes a highly qualified Las Vegas taxi accident attorney to make sure that you have all the help you need.
- According to the Nevada Department of Transportation, there were around 2,000 taxi accidents that occurred in Las Vegas in just one year. Taxi accidents could be very dangerous, and there were around three fatalities and 500 personal injuries that resulted from taxi accidents.
- One of the most common reasons for taxi accidents is because of reckless driving, specifically when vehicles follow each other too closely from behind. The second most common reason was the rate of speed that each taxi was going at the time of the accident.
- The third most common reason was that taxi drivers were driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Taxi accidents were more likely to occur near intersections.
- Keep in mind that these statistics may be much higher, because these are just reported accidents. Every year there are hundreds of unreported accidents.
What are the common injuries from taxi accidents?
Taxi cab crashes can create a financial burden on you and your family, especially medical. You may have to file claims with your insurance carrier or deal with the at-fault party’s insurance company. A taxi accident attorney will be able to provide you with legal counsel and inform you of your rights.
One of the most common questions that all taxi accident passengers think about is how they can recover compensation for their medical expenses after such an accident.
Here are some of the various injuries that people commonly sustain from taxi cab accidents:
- Fractured or broken bones
- Whiplash injuries
- Spinal cord damage
- Head trauma and concussions
- Lacerations and scratches
- Internal organ damage
- Broken bones
- Severe scarring
- Emotional distress and trauma
- Traumatic brain injury
- Spinal cord injury
What are the common causes of taxi cab accidents in Las Vegas?
Taxi cabs may operate with a different basic purpose compared to regular cars. Taxi cab drivers typically want to maximize the fares they receive. While many taxi drivers operate their cars with care and fulfill their duties as a driver, some may exhibit dangerous behaviors such as speeding or driving while distracted. Negligent driving is the main issue that results in taxi cab accidents.
Negligence while driving can cause car crashes, but here are the most common causes of taxi-related accidents on the road:
- Driving under the influence (DUI)
- Driving while distracted
- Poor road conditions
- Uneven pavement
- Defective vehicle
- Brake failure (due to poor maintenance or part manufacturing problems)
- Aggressive driving
- Abrupt stops while going fast
- Other negligent drivers
Why do you need a taxi car accident lawyer?
Taxi accidents can be just as serious and difficult to deal with as normal auto accidents on the road. You may have medical expenses that need to be paid, and there may be another party that has been injured or sustained economic damages.
An attentive taxi accident lawyer with a good reputation and solid experience can help you navigate the intricacies and frustrations of a taxi cab accident. Every state has its own laws and regulations, and each case has its own nuances. Taxi cab accident cases can involve everything from personal injury to wrongful death.
Below are some reasons why hiring a taxi accident attorney in Las Vegas could assist you:
- An experienced taxi accident attorney understands how to navigate through the legal process to make sure that you get compensated for the damages that you deserve. It takes a highly qualified Las Vegas attorney to understand all the rules and regulations to determine which party violated the law and caused the accident.
- A highly qualified taxi accident lawyer will negotiate with insurance companies on your behalf to make sure that all the compensation that you need is well represented. This is done after a thorough investigation.
- A Las Vegas accident attorney will investigate all the circumstances involving the collision to determine exactly what type of damages you should deserve, and how the accident occurred. This will help when holding the other party accountable.
- We know just how stressful it could be to be involved in an accident, especially when you were a passenger and a taxi and did not do anything to cause the accident. Our attorneys will take care of all the legal process while you focus on your injuries and how you could get better.
What is the average taxi cab accident settlement amount in Las Vegas?
Car accident crashes can lead to settlements of anything from $50,000 to even over a million. You will often have to file a claim with the at-fault party’s insurance company. It can be a problem if they do not have adequate coverage for your needs. What would you do following an accident with a taxi cab? What are the possible next steps? An attorney can help you outline an action plan.
Your settlement will depend on the expenses you have to pay after the accident and may vary greatly based on the type of injury and severity of injury sustained as a cause of the taxi cab accident.
Different types of compensation you could recover include:
- Emergency treatment
- Surgeries for reconstruction and recovery
- Prescription medications
- Physical therapy
- Lost wages and income
- Disability management expenses
What determines who will pay for a taxi cab accident?
Different states differ in the way they treat car collisions. Nevada is considered a “fault” state, which means that it allows injured victims to sue the driver who is found at fault for the accident. This means that you can get seek justice and obtain a significant amount of financial compensation from the at-fault party. Since a collision on the road can cause severe distress and damages, it is important to get a taxi accident settlement that is fair to you and your family.
Who can sue for a taxi accident?
You are able to file a lawsuit if you were:
- A passenger in the taxi
- A driver or passenger in another vehicle hit by the at-fault taxi
- A pedestrian (non-driver and non-passenger) hit by the cab
Who do I sue after a taxi cab accident?
After a thorough investigation, your highly qualified taxi accident attorney in Las Vegas will assist you in holding the third party responsible for the injuries that you have suffered. Examples of the different types of parties that could be held responsible include:
- The taxi driver: If the accident was caused by the negligence of the taxi driver, such as speeding, or driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, you may be able to sue the driver directly.
- The taxi company: If the taxi driver was an employee of a taxi company and was acting as their employee at the time of the accident, you may be able to sue the company. This may be the case if the company failed to properly train the drivers, or if it failed to properly maintain the taxi.
- Other drivers: If the accident was caused by the negligence or reckless behavior of another driver, you may be able to sue that third party driver.
- Government entities: If the cause of the accident was poor Road conditions, you could hold a government entity responsible, such as the city Department responsible for maintaining the road.
- Taxi manufacturer: If the taxi had a defect at the time of the accident, and the defect caused the accident, you are able to hold the vehicle manufacturer responsible for causing the accident.
An attorney can help you decide whether a lawsuit is worth it for you and how you can take steps to seek justice after a car crash.
Hire an experienced Las Vegas taxi accident lawyer today
Taxi accidents, especially in Las Vegas, can have horrifying consequences that are long-lasting. Treatments can be painful and expensive. A call is all it takes to connect with our team of experienced taxi accident attorneys. Reach out to Heidari Law Group in Las Vegas for a free case consultation. Let us help you today.
Heidari Law Group Las Vegas Practice Areas
- Las Vegas Personal Injury Lawyers
- Las Vegas Assault and Battery Attorneys
- Las Vegas Slip and Fall Lawyers
- Las Vegas Spinal Cord Injury Attorneys
- Las Vegas Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyers
- Las Vegas Wrongful Death Attorneys
- Las Vegas Dog Bites Lawyers
- Las Vegas DUI & Drunk Driver Crashes Attorneys
- Las Vegas Workers’ Compensation Attorneys
- Las Vegas Persian Attorneys & Iranian Lawyers
- Las Vegas Car Accident Attorneys
- Las Vegas Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
- Las Vegas Bike Accident Attorneys
- Las Vegas Truck Accident Lawyers
- Las Vegas Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
- Las Vegas Bus Accident Lawyers
- Las Vegas Ride Share Accident Attorneys
- Las Vegas Uber & Lyft Accident Lawyers
- Las Vegas Accident Attorneys
- Airline and Plane Accidents
- ATV Accident Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Bicycle Accident Attorney
- Bicycle Accident Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Big Rig Accident Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Boating Accident Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Bus Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Car Accident Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Dog Bite Injury Lawyer in Las Vegas
- DUI and Drunk Driving Attorney in Las Vegas
- Freeway Accident Injury Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Helicopter Tour Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Limo and Shuttle Accident Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Loaner and Rental Car Accident Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Lyft and Uber Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Motorcycle Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Multi-Car Accident Attorney In Las Vegas
- Pedestrian Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- RV Accident Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Scooter Accident Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Slip and Fall Attorney in Las Vegas
- Taxi Cab Accident Attorneys
- Train & Monorail Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Transit Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Truck Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Uninsured and Underinsured Motorists Attorney in Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Personal Injury Attorney
- Animal Injury Attorneys in las Vegas
- Assault and Battery Attorneys in Las Vegas
- Broken Bone Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Burn Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Lawyers
- Catastrophic Injury Attorney
- Child Injury Attorneys
- Construction Accident & Injury Lawyers
- Crane Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Dangerous Prescriptions and Drugs Attorney in Las Vegas
- Dog Bite Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Elevator Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Fire & Explosions Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Golf Cart Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Head Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Horseback Riding Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Mass Gathering Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Nerve Damage Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Passenger Injury Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Seat Belt Injury Compensation Lawyers in Las Vegas
- Sexual Assault Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Slip and Fall Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Spinal Cord Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Sports Injury Lawyers In Las Vegas
- Swimming Pool Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Traumatic Brain Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Work-Related Injury Lawyers in Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Employment Law Attorneys
- Age Discrimination Attorneys Las Vegas
- Disability Discrimination Attorney Las Vegas
- Gender and Sex Discrimination Attorneys Las Vegas
- Pregnancy Discrimination Attorney Las Vegas
- Scaffolding Accident Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Wage & Hour Dispute Attorneys Las Vegas
- Whistleblower Retaliation Lawyers in Las Vegas
- Workers’ Compensation Attorney in Las Vegas
- Workplace Discrimination Attorneys Las Vegas
- Workplace Harassment Lawyers Las Vegas
- Workplace Retaliation Lawyer Las Vegas
- Wrongful Termination Attorneys in Las Vegas
- Top Rated Las Vegas Racial Discrimination Lawyers
- Real Estate Lawyers in Las Vegas
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- AirBNB Injury Attorneys in Las Vegas
- Automatic Sliding Door Injury
Attorney in Las Vegas
- Concert and Live Event Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Factory Injury Lawyers in Las Vegas
- Garage Door Accident Injury Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Grocery Store Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Gym Accident Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Parking Lot Accident Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Restaurant Injury Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Theme Park Ride Injury Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Trampoline Park Injury Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Product Liability Attorney in Las Vegas
- Civil Rights Litigation Attorneys in Las Vegas
- Medical Malpractice Attorney in Las Vegas
- Wrongful Death Attorney in Las Vegas
- Data Privacy Attorneys in Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Negligent Security Lawyer
- Las Vegas Nursing Home Neglect Attorney
- Persian Attorneys & Iranian Lawyers in Las Vegas
Amazing Car Accident Lawyer
“Saman is by far true to his word. He truly was available at all times and always kept me updated. In the end, he settled my case with a great results. He didn’t treat me like a file, he treated me as if he was representing family. If you are looking for open, fast, thorough and a detailed lawyer, look no further. I will definitely recommend him to anyone seeking legal services who wants to feel assured that they are in the best hands.”
“I was injured in a car accident. The lawyer made sure that I went to my chiropractor sessions and that I get the medical attention needed. I also got MRI’s as needed and also got back injections as needed. He was very persistent on contacting me, even when I wasn’t reachable, and making sure that I got treated right and paid a good amount at the end. He is a very respectful person and great lawyer.”
An Extraordinary Experience
“Thank you for your unwavering commitment to my case. Words do not adequately describe my feelings, when no one seemed to care about an old vet with an injury you were there. I can remember as clearly as though it were yesterday, your sincerity and desire to help me. For that, I will always be grateful. Your endless commitment of time, financial resources and a personal concern for my physical well being surpassed anything I could have expected or imagined.”
- A Guide to Dog Bite Laws in California and the US
- Is It Legal To Kill A Dog If It Attacks Me
- Can You Sue a School if Your Child Gets Injured?
- What is a Subpoena?
- What is a Deposition?
- I Was Injured At Work – What Are My Rights
- Can Semi Trucks Drive in the Left Lane?
- Nursing Home Malnutrition and Dehydration
24/7 Free Case Evaluation
Los Angeles Office3530 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 710 Los Angeles, CA 90010 Tel: 213-884-4881
Irvine Office17875 Von Karman Ave. Suite 150 & 250 Irvine, CA 92614 Tel: 949-239-1020
Sacramento Office180 Promenade Cir Ste 300 Sacramento, CA 95834 Tel: 916-461-1818
Bakersfield Office3501 Mall View Rd Suite 105 Bakersfield, CA 93306 Tel: 661-409-0000