Las Vegas Work-Related Injury Lawyers
Work-related injuries happen every day, whether your job is labor, or you work in an office, you can be injured due to someone else’s negligence. These injuries can be mild or severe and change your day to day. You should know that if you have been injured because someone was negligent, you deserve a compensation, to retribute your losses.
Ride Share Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Trip and Fall Accident
Ride Share Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Trip and Fall Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Have you been hurt while working in Las Vegas? You may have the right to receive benefits from your employer’s workers’ compensation insurance policy. It’s important to handle the claims process carefully, so don’t hesitate to contact Heidari Law Group for help. Remember that we are 24/7 available for you.
ARE INJURED WORKERS ENTITLED TO BENEFITS?
In most cases, injured workers will be entitled to benefits. The Nevada state law is based in a no-fault system, you do not have to prove that your employer negligently caused your injury, as you would otherwise have to do in a personal injury lawsuit. Under workers compensation even if you were hurt due to your own negligence, you’ll likely still have a valid case.
There are exceptions, for example the system will not pay out if an employee was intoxicated or high on narcotics at the time of the accident. Additionally, a person will have to pay for their own medical treatment and other expenses if it’s decided that they intentionally harmed themselves or engaged in fraud.
WHAT CAN BE CONSIDERED AS WORK-RELATED INJURIES?
As stated by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) in Standard 1904.5, an injury is defined as work-related if an event or exposure in the work environment caused or contributed to the injury, or significantly aggravated a pre-existing injury or illness. As a general rule, an injury or illness is presumed to be work-related when it occurs due to events in the workplace.
COMMON WORK-RELATED INJURIES
If you or a loved one have been injured while working, you can be compensated for any of these injuries and more, as long as the injury happened while you were at work or performing work-related tasks. This means the accident does not have to have occurred solely at work, as long as you show that you were doing something related to your job when you were injured, workers’ compensation insurance should provide your compensation. There are several types of work-related injuries, but among the most common are the following:
- Broken bones
- Muscle injuries
- Cuts and scrapes
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Slip and fall injuries
- Limb crush injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Injuries to the eyes and ears
- Repetitive motion injuries (eg, carpal tunnel syndrome, tendonitis, etc.)
- Permanent disability
- Wrongful death
HOW MUCH IS A COMMON WORKERS’ COMPENSATION SETTLEMENT?
There´s not a specific amount of a workers compensation settlement, it varies depending on the case. You should know that the amount of a workers’ compensation settlement will depend on:
- The nature and extent of your injury
- Your prior wages (to calculate the difference in income between when you were healthy and then)
- The number of bills that need to be paid by the claim
- The cost of medical care for your condition
- How much pain you are in and how much your quality of life has been affected
- The length of time it will take you to recover from your injuries or illness and return to work
- The extent of permanency of your injury or illness
- Whether there are other related injuries for which compensation is needed.
To figure out if you qualify for workers compensation consult with your Las Vegas workers compensation attorney.
WHAT DAMAGES CAN BE PAID AS COMPENSATION IN A CLAIM?
If you suffered work-related injuries, you have the right to seek compensation through a claim, including the following:
- Past, current and future medical care and treatment
- Vocational rehabilitation
- Lost work time
- Lost income
- Pain and suffering
- Total permanent disability
- Partial permanent disability
- Payments to dependents in case of wrongful death
- Loss of consortium
HOW LONG DO I HAVE TO FILE A WORKERS’ COMPENSATION CLAIM AFTER A WORK-RELATED INJURY IN LAS VEGAS?
There´s a specific process that must be followed if a person wants to recover workers’ compensation benefits after getting injured while working in Las Vegas.
Here’s what you need to know:
- You’ll have seven days to notify your employer of your work accident and resulting injury. Your employer will have you complete a form called the Notice of Injury or Occupational Disease (C-1 Form).
- You’ll have 90 days to seek medical treatment and initiate the workers’ compensation process. Your doctor will complete a form, known as C-4, which will be submitted to your employer.
- Your employer must submit Form C-3 within six days of receiving a copy of Form C-4. This form memorializes your wage history and gets the ball rolling on your claim for benefits.
- While you ultimately have about 90 days to take action, it’s important to get started on the claims process right away. The longer you wait to seek medical treatment after your accident, the harder it can be to prove that your trauma is work-related. That opens the door for the insurance company to contest your claim or limit the benefits that are extended to you.
WHAT SHOULD I DO AFTER SUFFERING A WORK-RELATED INJURY?
If you have been injured in a work-related accident, our skilled attorneys recommend that you take the following steps, as this will help ensure that you are entitled to the benefits of your employer’s workers’ compensation insurance.
These steps include:
- Report your injury immediately: Any injury you receive at your workplace must be reported as soon as possible to your employee or immediate boss.
- Seek medical attention as soon as possible: whenever you suffer an injury, be it mild or severe, you should go to a health professional to be examined.
- Document everything: It is recommended that you record the events that occurred during the accident in which you were injured. This includes obtaining the contacts of any eyewitnesses to the incident, the time of day it occurred, and the cause of the accident.
- Follow medical instructions to the letter: It is important that you strictly follow all instructions your doctor gives you regarding your injury.
- Follow all procedures for filing a claim: You must meet all deadlines and complete all necessary paperwork to be eligible for workers’ compensation.
- Call a work related injury attorney.
CONTACT A WORK-RELATED INJURY ATTORNEY AT HEIDARI LAW GROUP
If you are looking for more information about liability for work-related injuries or would like a free case evaluation, call us today at Heidari Law Group, we have a long history of handling cases of this type in the US. with contingency fees, which means you do not have to pay any of our attorneys up front until your case has been settled or you have won a trial.
The thought of trying to seek compensation after being injured and also disputing liability with an insurance company may seem overwhelming, or even unnecessary, but you deserve to be compensated for the other person’s negligence. Call us for a free consultation with a Las Vegas work-related injury attorney.
Las Vegas Practice Areas
- Las Vegas Personal Injury Lawyers
- Las Vegas Assault and Battery Attorneys
- Las Vegas Slip and Fall Lawyers
- Las Vegas Spinal Cord Injury Attorneys
- Las Vegas Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyers
- Las Vegas Wrongful Death Attorneys
- Las Vegas Dog Bites Lawyers
- Las Vegas DUI & Drunk Driver Crashes Attorneys
- Las Vegas Workers’ Compensation Attorneys
- Las Vegas Persian Attorneys & Iranian Lawyers
- Las Vegas Car Accident Attorneys
- Las Vegas Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
- Las Vegas Bike Accident Attorneys
- Las Vegas Truck Accident Lawyers
- Las Vegas Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
- Las Vegas Bus Accident Lawyers
- Las Vegas Ride Share Accident Attorneys
- Las Vegas Uber & Lyft Accident Lawyers
- Las Vegas Accident Attorneys
- Airline and Plane Accidents
- ATV Accident Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Bicycle Accident Attorney
- Bicycle Accident Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Big Rig Accident Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Boating Accident Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Bus Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Car Accident Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Dog Bite Injury Lawyer in Las Vegas
- DUI and Drunk Driving Attorney in Las Vegas
- Freeway Accident Injury Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Helicopter Tour Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Limo and Shuttle Accident Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Loaner and Rental Car Accident Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Lyft and Uber Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Motorcycle Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Multi-Car Accident Attorney In Las Vegas
- Pedestrian Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- RV Accident Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Scooter Accident Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Slip and Fall Attorney in Las Vegas
- Taxi Cab Accident Attorneys
- Train & Monorail Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Transit Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Truck Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Uninsured and Underinsured Motorists Attorney in Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Personal Injury Attorney
- Animal Injury Attorneys in las Vegas
- Assault and Battery Attorneys in Las Vegas
- Broken Bone Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Burn Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Lawyers
- Catastrophic Injury Attorney
- Child Injury Attorneys
- Construction Accident & Injury Lawyers
- Crane Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Dangerous Prescriptions and Drugs Attorney in Las Vegas
- Dog Bite Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Elevator Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Fire & Explosions Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Golf Cart Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Head Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Horseback Riding Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Mass Gathering Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Nerve Damage Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Passenger Injury Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Seat Belt Injury Compensation Lawyers in Las Vegas
- Sexual Assault Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Slip and Fall Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Spinal Cord Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Sports Injury Lawyers In Las Vegas
- Swimming Pool Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Traumatic Brain Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Work-Related Injury Lawyers in Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Employment Law Attorneys
- Age Discrimination Attorneys Las Vegas
- Disability Discrimination Attorney Las Vegas
- Gender and Sex Discrimination Attorneys Las Vegas
- Pregnancy Discrimination Attorney Las Vegas
- Scaffolding Accident Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Wage & Hour Dispute Attorneys Las Vegas
- Whistleblower Retaliation Lawyers in Las Vegas
- Workers’ Compensation Attorney in Las Vegas
- Workplace Discrimination Attorneys Las Vegas
- Workplace Harassment Lawyers Las Vegas
- Workplace Retaliation Lawyer Las Vegas
- Wrongful Termination Attorneys in Las Vegas
- Top Rated Las Vegas Racial Discrimination Lawyers
- Real Estate Lawyers in Las Vegas
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- AirBNB Injury Attorneys in Las Vegas
- Automatic Sliding Door Injury
Attorney in Las Vegas
- Concert and Live Event Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Factory Injury Lawyers in Las Vegas
- Garage Door Accident Injury Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Grocery Store Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Gym Accident Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Parking Lot Accident Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Restaurant Injury Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Theme Park Ride Injury Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Trampoline Park Injury Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Product Liability Attorney in Las Vegas
- Civil Rights Litigation Attorneys in Las Vegas
- Medical Malpractice Attorney in Las Vegas
- Wrongful Death Attorney in Las Vegas
- Data Privacy Attorneys in Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Negligent Security Lawyer
- Las Vegas Nursing Home Neglect Attorney
- Persian Attorneys & Iranian Lawyers in Las Vegas
Amazing Car Accident Lawyer
“Saman is by far true to his word. He truly was available at all times and always kept me updated. In the end, he settled my case with a great results. He didn’t treat me like a file, he treated me as if he was representing family. If you are looking for open, fast, thorough and a detailed lawyer, look no further. I will definitely recommend him to anyone seeking legal services who wants to feel assured that they are in the best hands.”
“I was injured in a car accident. The lawyer made sure that I went to my chiropractor sessions and that I get the medical attention needed. I also got MRI’s as needed and also got back injections as needed. He was very persistent on contacting me, even when I wasn’t reachable, and making sure that I got treated right and paid a good amount at the end. He is a very respectful person and great lawyer.”
An Extraordinary Experience
“Thank you for your unwavering commitment to my case. Words do not adequately describe my feelings, when no one seemed to care about an old vet with an injury you were there. I can remember as clearly as though it were yesterday, your sincerity and desire to help me. For that, I will always be grateful. Your endless commitment of time, financial resources and a personal concern for my physical well being surpassed anything I could have expected or imagined.”
- A Guide to Dog Bite Laws in California and the US
- Is It Legal To Kill A Dog If It Attacks Me
- Can You Sue a School if Your Child Gets Injured?
- What is a Subpoena?
- What is a Deposition?
- I Was Injured At Work – What Are My Rights
- Can Semi Trucks Drive in the Left Lane?
- Nursing Home Malnutrition and Dehydration
24/7 Free Case Evaluation
Los Angeles Office3530 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 710 Los Angeles, CA 90010 Tel: 213-884-4881
Irvine Office17875 Von Karman Ave. Suite 150 & 250 Irvine, CA 92614 Tel: 949-239-1020
Sacramento Office180 Promenade Cir Ste 300 Sacramento, CA 95834 Tel: 916-461-1818
Bakersfield Office3501 Mall View Rd Suite 105 Bakersfield, CA 93306 Tel: 661-409-0000