Las Vegas Bike Accident Injury Attorney
Our experienced bicycle accident attorneys in Las Vegas are available 24/7 to help injured victims recover compensation for their injuries. Schedule your free consultation with us today.
Ride Share Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Trip and Fall Accident
Ride Share Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Trip and Fall Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Bicycle Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
If you or a family member has been involved in a bicycle accident in Las Vegas, reach out to our seasoned bicycle attorneys today to arrange a complimentary consultation. During this meeting, we will assess various factors, including the parties involved, the accident’s location, and its circumstances. By gaining a clearer understanding of the bicycle accident, we can better estimate the potential compensation you may receive.
Bicycle accidents often result in severe injuries, particularly due to the forceful impact when a cyclist collides with another vehicle. Following a bicycle accident in Las Vegas, it’s crucial to have a reliable and experienced attorney by your side. Contact our legal team at Heidari Law today for a free consultation with our highly rated Las Vegas attorneys.
According to the Regional Transportation Commission of Southern Nevada, there were approximately 100 bicycle accidents reported in a single year, with 80 of them causing severe injuries. These accidents are more likely to occur between 6:00 p.m. and 9:00 p.m. during the evening rush hour when visibility may be reduced, making it harder for vehicle drivers to spot cyclists.
Over the past few years, the Nevada Department of Transportation has been addressing the rising number of bicycle accidents. Las Vegas has seen a consistent annual increase in bicycle accidents, prompting efforts to enhance safety measures and reduce such incidents.
Can I file suit for a bicycle accident in Las Vegas?
According to Nevada law, if you or a loved one have sustained injuries in a bicycle accident in Las Vegas, you retain the right to hold the negligent party accountable for any resulting damages. However, it’s important to note that securing a favorable outcome requires the expertise of a highly qualified attorney who can demonstrate that the other party’s actions directly caused your injuries.
One common cause of bicycle accidents is failure by bicyclists to obey standard crossing signals. This typically involves cyclists disregarding traffic signals at intersections or riding in lanes designated for vehicles. It’s imperative for all bicyclists to adhere to traffic laws and remain within designated bike lanes. Failure to do so can create confusion for drivers, increasing the risk of collisions. Riding against traffic flow or on sidewalks also heightens the likelihood of accidents, particularly collisions with pedestrians.
What causes bicycle accidents in Las Vegas?
- Failing to yield to oncoming vehicles
- Drunk driving
- Distracted driving
- Making an improper left or right turn
- Improper passing
- Inexperienced riders
- Poor road conditions
- Objects in the road
- Nighttime riding
- Blind spots
After an accident, you may not exactly remember how the accident occurred, and who or what contributed to it. Our Las Vegas attorneys will work for you to gather evidence, and determine the liable parties. While you focus on your injuries, we will take care of the rest.
Give us a call today to discuss the next steps. We have accident investigators that will look into all the circumstances involving the accident to help us build a case in your favor, and to determine the causes of the accident.
Nevada Bicycle Laws
Nevada’s bicycle laws encompass various regulations that may pertain to your bicycle accident case. For instance, cyclists retain the right to share the road with other vehicles and are not strictly confined to using sidewalks.
- Bicyclists are generally required to ride within designated bike lanes when available, or if absent, to remain on the right side of the road.
- While Nevada does not mandate helmet use for cyclists, a defendant might argue that the absence of a helmet constitutes negligence contributing to the victim’s injuries.
- Cyclists are expected to maintain a speed consistent with surrounding traffic.
- Cyclists must ride as close to the right side of the road as possible. They may veer left when making a turn or overtaking another vehicle, provided it is safe to do so.
- Additionally, cyclists must yield to pedestrians in crosswalks and near sidewalks.
- They are also obliged to equip their bicycles with front and rear lights for visibility.
What Are the Most Common Types of Bicycle Injuries?
As a cyclist, you face complete exposure to vehicles, the road surface, and the ground below you. In the event of a bicycle accident, the injuries sustained can often be more severe compared to those involving other vehicles or pedestrians. The significant force exerted by vehicles can result in lasting and potentially life-altering injuries.
In the event of a bicycle accident, a rider falling from their bike can sustain severe brain or head injuries. These may include concussions, contusions, brain hemorrhages, or skull fractures. While wearing a helmet can reduce the risk of serious head injuries, it does not offer complete protection against such injuries.
The injuries sustained in a bicycle accident can lead to temporary or permanent symptoms for the cyclist. Depending on the extent of the injuries, cyclists may experience side effects that have long-term effects on their cognitive abilities.
In the event of a cyclist falling from their bicycle during an accident, they may land on a hard surface, potentially resulting in injuries such as broken shoulder blades, collarbones, or ribs. In severe cases, the impact of the fall may cause these broken bones to puncture internal organs, leading to internal bleeding. Broken bones are a frequent occurrence in bicycle accidents.
Another injury that a cyclist may sustain is a spinal injury. If a spinal injury occurs as a result of a bicycle accident, the cyclist may experience permanent back pain or even paralysis.
A punctured lung is very common after being involved in a bicycle accident.
What If I Was Also at Fault for the Accident?
In Nevada, laws regarding comparative fault govern the compensation you could receive based on your level of liability, also known as fault. For instance, even if you were deemed 20% at fault, you could still be eligible for compensation. As long as your liability does not exceed 51%, you can recover damages. Determining liability and fault involves an investigation into the accident.
Presently, the Nevada Department of Transportation is making concerted efforts to decrease the number of bicycle accident fatalities in the state. A significant measure towards achieving this goal is the creation of more bike lanes, particularly in areas like the Las Vegas Strip. These dedicated bike lanes enable both vehicle drivers and bicyclists to share the road safely within their respective lanes.
What Should I Do After a Bike Accident in Las Vegas?
If you are a bicyclist involved in a bicycle accident in the state of Nevada, we advise that you take these steps to make sure that you get the medical and legal help you deserve.
- Call 911: A bicycle accident may cause very severe injuries, such as traumatic brain injuries and broken bones. If this is the case, you need to be treated right away. Many people are not aware that traumatic brain injuries may not become apparent until several days, or even weeks, after the accident. Whether you have pain or not, our attorneys recommend that you speak to a medical provider and get imaging done immediately. You may be suffering from symptoms of a severe injury and not know it.
- Call the police: When the Las Vegas Police Department arrives, they will write up an accident report. This report may be beneficial especially if the lawsuit is filed later on. This report will come in handy since it may provide all information of the other parties, including driver’s license, license plate, and contact information.
- Get the other driver’s information: If it is safe to do so, getting as much information from any other drivers involved can be a great help if a lawsuit results from your accident. Helpful information includes driver’s license, their home address, and phone number.
- Take photos of the property damage: Take pictures of both your bicycle and the other vehicle’s damage to aid in determining who was at fault for the accident.
- Get witness information: If there were any witnesses that saw or heard the accident occur, get any of their information if you can. Witnesses are likely to be interviewed by insurance companies or by attorneys depending on the lawsuit or claims filed.
- Contact our skilled Las Vegas attorneys: It is important to keep in mind that in Nevada, you have two years from the date of the accident to file your lawsuit. If you don’t file after the two years have run, you will lose your right to collect compensation, like medical bills, lost wages, and bicycle repairs/replacement. That is why we recommend speaking to our attorneys as soon as you can.
Heidari Law Group’s team of bicycle accident attorneys will investigate all possible causes of your accident so that you can maximize your claim.
Contact Our Las Vegas Bicycle Lawyers Today
Our team of bicycle accident lawyers is prepared and available to guide you through the legal process. We recognize that navigating a bicycle accident claim can be challenging, particularly if you have sustained severe injuries. Simplify the process by engaging our attorneys to ensure you receive the support you need.
In Las Vegas, our attorneys are committed to advocating vigorously to secure the compensation you deserve. Hold those responsible for your accident accountable by selecting our dedicated bicycle attorneys in Las Vegas. We’ll stand by you at every stage of your case.
Reach out to us today to discuss your bicycle accident injuries and determine the most favorable course of action. While accidents may be inevitable, especially in bustling cities like Las Vegas, we’re here to help you navigate through them.
Heidari Law Group Las Vegas Practice Areas
- Las Vegas Personal Injury Lawyers
- Las Vegas Assault and Battery Attorneys
- Las Vegas Slip and Fall Lawyers
- Las Vegas Spinal Cord Injury Attorneys
- Las Vegas Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyers
- Las Vegas Wrongful Death Attorneys
- Las Vegas Dog Bites Lawyers
- Las Vegas DUI & Drunk Driver Crashes Attorneys
- Las Vegas Workers’ Compensation Attorneys
- Las Vegas Persian Attorneys & Iranian Lawyers
- Las Vegas Car Accident Attorneys
- Las Vegas Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
- Las Vegas Bike Accident Attorneys
- Las Vegas Truck Accident Lawyers
- Las Vegas Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
- Las Vegas Bus Accident Lawyers
- Las Vegas Ride Share Accident Attorneys
- Las Vegas Uber & Lyft Accident Lawyers
- Las Vegas Accident Attorneys
- Airline and Plane Accidents
- ATV Accident Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Bicycle Accident Attorney
- Bicycle Accident Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Big Rig Accident Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Boating Accident Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Bus Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Car Accident Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Dog Bite Injury Lawyer in Las Vegas
- DUI and Drunk Driving Attorney in Las Vegas
- Freeway Accident Injury Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Helicopter Tour Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Limo and Shuttle Accident Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Loaner and Rental Car Accident Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Lyft and Uber Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Motorcycle Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Multi-Car Accident Attorney In Las Vegas
- Pedestrian Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- RV Accident Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Scooter Accident Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Slip and Fall Attorney in Las Vegas
- Taxi Cab Accident Attorneys
- Train & Monorail Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Transit Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Truck Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Uninsured and Underinsured Motorists Attorney in Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Personal Injury Attorney
- Animal Injury Attorneys in las Vegas
- Assault and Battery Attorneys in Las Vegas
- Broken Bone Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Burn Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Lawyers
- Catastrophic Injury Attorney
- Child Injury Attorneys
- Construction Accident & Injury Lawyers
- Crane Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Dangerous Prescriptions and Drugs Attorney in Las Vegas
- Dog Bite Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Elevator Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Fire & Explosions Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Golf Cart Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Head Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Horseback Riding Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Mass Gathering Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Nerve Damage Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Passenger Injury Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Seat Belt Injury Compensation Lawyers in Las Vegas
- Sexual Assault Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Slip and Fall Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Spinal Cord Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Sports Injury Lawyers In Las Vegas
- Swimming Pool Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Traumatic Brain Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Work-Related Injury Lawyers in Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Employment Law Attorneys
- Age Discrimination Attorneys Las Vegas
- Disability Discrimination Attorney Las Vegas
- Gender and Sex Discrimination Attorneys Las Vegas
- Pregnancy Discrimination Attorney Las Vegas
- Scaffolding Accident Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Wage & Hour Dispute Attorneys Las Vegas
- Whistleblower Retaliation Lawyers in Las Vegas
- Workers’ Compensation Attorney in Las Vegas
- Workplace Discrimination Attorneys Las Vegas
- Workplace Harassment Lawyers Las Vegas
- Workplace Retaliation Lawyer Las Vegas
- Wrongful Termination Attorneys in Las Vegas
- Top Rated Las Vegas Racial Discrimination Lawyers
- Real Estate Lawyers in Las Vegas
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- AirBNB Injury Attorneys in Las Vegas
- Automatic Sliding Door Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Concert and Live Event Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Factory Injury Lawyers in Las Vegas
- Garage Door Accident Injury Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Grocery Store Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Gym Accident Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Parking Lot Accident Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Restaurant Injury Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Theme Park Ride Injury Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Trampoline Park Injury Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Product Liability Attorney in Las Vegas
- Civil Rights Litigation Attorneys in Las Vegas
- Medical Malpractice Attorney in Las Vegas
- Wrongful Death Attorney in Las Vegas
- Data Privacy Attorneys in Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Negligent Security Lawyer
- Las Vegas Nursing Home Neglect Attorney
- Persian Attorneys & Iranian Lawyers in Las Vegas
Amazing Car Accident Lawyer
“Saman is by far true to his word. He truly was available at all times and always kept me updated. In the end, he settled my case with a great results. He didn’t treat me like a file, he treated me as if he was representing family. If you are looking for open, fast, thorough and a detailed lawyer, look no further. I will definitely recommend him to anyone seeking legal services who wants to feel assured that they are in the best hands.”
“I was injured in a car accident. The lawyer made sure that I went to my chiropractor sessions and that I get the medical attention needed. I also got MRI’s as needed and also got back injections as needed. He was very persistent on contacting me, even when I wasn’t reachable, and making sure that I got treated right and paid a good amount at the end. He is a very respectful person and great lawyer.”
An Extraordinary Experience
“Thank you for your unwavering commitment to my case. Words do not adequately describe my feelings, when no one seemed to care about an old vet with an injury you were there. I can remember as clearly as though it were yesterday, your sincerity and desire to help me. For that, I will always be grateful. Your endless commitment of time, financial resources and a personal concern for my physical well being surpassed anything I could have expected or imagined.”
- A Guide to Dog Bite Laws in California and the US
- Is It Legal To Kill A Dog If It Attacks Me
- Can You Sue a School if Your Child Gets Injured?
- What is a Subpoena?
- What is a Deposition?
- I Was Injured At Work – What Are My Rights
- Can Semi Trucks Drive in the Left Lane?
- Nursing Home Malnutrition and Dehydration
24/7 Free Case Evaluation
Los Angeles Office3530 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 710 Los Angeles, CA 90010 Tel: 213-884-4881
Irvine Office17875 Von Karman Ave. Suite 150 & 250 Irvine, CA 92614 Tel: 949-239-1020
Sacramento Office180 Promenade Cir Ste 300 Sacramento, CA 95834 Tel: 916-461-1818
Bakersfield Office3501 Mall View Rd Suite 105 Bakersfield, CA 93306 Tel: 661-409-0000