Las Vegas AirBNB Injury Attorneys
Contact our top-rated Las Vegas personal injury attorneys if you have suffered an injury at an AirBNB property.
Ride Share Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Trip and Fall Accident
Ride Share Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Trip and Fall Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Visiting cities like Las Vegas who offers countless entertainment and leisure venues can be very exciting for many people. However, one of the main obstacles is the cost of the stay. Thinking of offering lower value rates and facilitating accommodation for other people, Airbnb emerges as one of the most feasible options to receive tourists from all over the world in a city as visited as this. Airbnb is a company founded in 2008 in San Francisco (California) by two designers who saw the opportunity to rent empty spaces in homes around the world. In summary: it is a site that brings together people who have free spaces (from small rooms to large spaces), with travelers who want to enjoy a space for a short period.
In these accommodations, people are received in an apartment, house, etc. For this reason, they are not exempt from the fact that within them at a given moment, for example, while the person walks around the house, they slip on a rug, fall to the ground, and sprain their wrist. This, like many other incidents, can happen and compromise the integrity of those who are passing through an Airbnb accommodation slightly or seriously. If you or a family member has been the victim of injuries caused by an accident during your stay at an Airbnb, you have every right to claim for the physical and psychological damage suffered, and thus receive compensation for them.
In the event of an injury caused during an accommodation contracted through Airbnb, various reasons may be the cause to impose a legal claim under the category of premises liability. In the legal environment, the responsibility of premises determines that the owner or administrator of a building must provide facilities in good condition and safe for their guests.
If it is proven that there was a failure or damage that put the guest at risk or danger, the main responsibility falls on the owner of the property, since he was negligent when he did not ensure the safety of the place before renting it out. In turn, if verified, the platform may be co-responsible for material and moral damages. Thus, the actions related to occurrences in these stays will be judged based on the laws of the state of Nevada for these cases.
When referring to injuries, usually all physical effects are considered, such as broken bones, head injuries, or any other type of injury. The most common accidents that cause injuries at Airbnb in Las Vegas are:
- Slip and fall accidents
- Construction accidents
- Swimming pools accidents
- Elevator accidents
- Falling ceiling fans, mounted TVs, or broken furniture.
- Structural collapse of terraces or balconies
- Fires or explosions
- Electrical circuits in poor condition
- Unhygienic or toxic health conditions
- Dog bites accidents
- Bedbug bites, and more.
The security aspect of the accommodation must also be taken into account, which is contemplated as the responsibility of the owner in a premises liability claim. In other words, if there is aggression of any kind against the Airbnb guest (criminal, with a deadly or sexual weapon), he will be responsible for the act.
Among the factors that can be considered inadequate security for accommodation is:
- Broken gates or fences in poor condition,
- Doors and windows that do not lock,
- Insufficient or damaged lighting,
- Lack of alarm system or alarms that do not work,
- Lack of security cameras or damaged equipment,
- Lack of security guards or untrained guards.
TYPES OF INJURIES RECOGNIZED IN AIRBNB PREMISES LIABILITY CLAIMS IN THE STATE OF NEVADA
Nevada state law recognizes multiple types of injuries in Airbnb premises liability claims, and some of these are:
- Slip and fall injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Broken bone injuries
- Nerve damage injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Abdominal injuries
- Loss of limbs or amputations
- Burns or lacerations, among others.
WHAT SHOULD BE DONE AFTER AN AIRBNB INJURY?
If you’ve been injured while staying at an Airbnb listing in Las Vegas, the following tips may help you know how to proceed after the event:
- Contact the emergency service to receive medical attention for your condition and thus prevent further injuries.
- Communicate to the manager or owner of the accommodation about the event that occurred and make a complaint on the platform as a backup of what happened.
- Collect proof or evidence on the site, in the form of photographs or videos from various angles, if there are third parties present at the time of the events, ask for their personal information for further testimony.
- Hire the services of a local premises liability claims attorney to start your legal process.
LIABILITY IN AN AIRBNB INJURY IN LAS VEGAS
Regarding liability in cases where injuries occur in an Airbnb, when guests are harmed during their stay, the party that must be responsible for compensation for any damage suffered is ultimately the host or owner of the accommodation. Every guest in Nevada has the right to claim if their well-being has been affected by negligence, carelessness, or abandonment in the facilities or maintenance of the property where they are staying. Your lawyer must investigate the facts to establish a culprit and a calculation of the economic value to be received as compensation.
Your Airbnb injury attorney will seek to identify:
- The cause or risk that contributed to the injury,
- Lack of precaution to fix the problem,
- Failure to perform maintenance by the owner,
- How long the cause or risk has been present,
- The owner’s failure to take advantage of the opportunities to fix the problem and not doing so, or not posting adequate warnings about the potential hazard.
AIRBNB’S HOST LIABILITY INSURANCE COVERAGE
Because renting your property to outsiders naturally involves a little bit of risk, Airbnb offers Host Liability Insurance (HLI), which provides civil liability coverage of up to $1 million in the event of bodily injury or damage to property. For this reason, it is important to familiarize yourself with the limitations and conditions of the insurance offered by Airbnb for Hosts.
This type of coverage is applied not only for houses, condominiums, and cabins, but also for other accommodations offered such as:
- Mobile homes
- Tree houses etc.
In addition, the HLI has certain exceptions when making a civil claim, including:
- Accidents caused by cars, motorcycles, or boats inside the Airbnb listing.
- Aggression committed by the host.
- Accidents due to alcoholic intoxication allowed by the host, even knowing that the guest is a minor.
- Loss of electronic data
PREVENTION MEASURES AGAINST INJURIES AT AN AIRBNB IN LAS VEGAS
Some tips to make an Airbnb listing safe from injuries:
- Indicate the emergency numbers and service places closest to the home.
- Keep an emergency kit in an easily accessible place.
- Install a smoke and carbon monoxide detector, maintain a fire extinguisher, and make sure the property meets state-established safety standards.
- Eliminate or indicate potential accident locations (such as placing non-slip mats and posting step signs)
- Tidy up potential hazard areas around the house, such as exposed wires and broken tiles.
HOW CAN AN AIRBNB INJURY CLAIM ATTORNEY HELP?
An Airbnb injury specialized claim attorney can help you in the following ways:
- Offering free legal advice.
- Reporting the incident to insurance companies.
- Determining who is responsible for the injury.
- Examining accommodation for evidence collection.
- Recording economic losses.
- Granting legal representation in mediations or trials.
CONTACT AN EXPERIENCED AIRBNB INJURY ATTORNEY IN LAS VEGAS
Even though accommodations on platforms such as Airbnb are becoming more popular, this does not mean that accidents or injuries cannot originate from them. Injuries at a rental property can range from minor to severe, so they should not be underestimated. Our law firm is made up of Las Vegas premises liability claim attorneys, who will seek to achieve an effective solution for your problem. We work with contingency fees, which means you will only have to pay when a repair is obtained for your claim. Your case is very important to us, so if you would like to schedule a free legal consultation, contact our team of experienced Airbnb injury attorneys at Heidari Law Group today at 1-833-225-5454.
Las Vegas Practice Areas
- Las Vegas Personal Injury Lawyers
- Las Vegas Assault and Battery Attorneys
- Las Vegas Slip and Fall Lawyers
- Las Vegas Spinal Cord Injury Attorneys
- Las Vegas Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyers
- Las Vegas Wrongful Death Attorneys
- Las Vegas Dog Bites Lawyers
- Las Vegas DUI & Drunk Driver Crashes Attorneys
- Las Vegas Workers’ Compensation Attorneys
- Las Vegas Persian Attorneys & Iranian Lawyers
- Las Vegas Car Accident Attorneys
- Las Vegas Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
- Las Vegas Bike Accident Attorneys
- Las Vegas Truck Accident Lawyers
- Las Vegas Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
- Las Vegas Bus Accident Lawyers
- Las Vegas Ride Share Accident Attorneys
- Las Vegas Uber & Lyft Accident Lawyers
- Las Vegas Accident Attorneys
- Airline and Plane Accidents
- ATV Accident Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Bicycle Accident Attorney
- Bicycle Accident Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Big Rig Accident Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Boating Accident Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Bus Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Car Accident Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Dog Bite Injury Lawyer in Las Vegas
- DUI and Drunk Driving Attorney in Las Vegas
- Freeway Accident Injury Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Helicopter Tour Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Limo and Shuttle Accident Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Loaner and Rental Car Accident Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Lyft and Uber Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Motorcycle Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Multi-Car Accident Attorney In Las Vegas
- Pedestrian Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- RV Accident Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Scooter Accident Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Slip and Fall Attorney in Las Vegas
- Taxi Cab Accident Attorneys
- Train & Monorail Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Transit Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Truck Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Uninsured and Underinsured Motorists Attorney in Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Personal Injury Attorney
- Animal Injury Attorneys in las Vegas
- Assault and Battery Attorneys in Las Vegas
- Broken Bone Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Burn Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Lawyers
- Catastrophic Injury Attorney
- Child Injury Attorneys
- Construction Accident & Injury Lawyers
- Crane Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Dangerous Prescriptions and Drugs Attorney in Las Vegas
- Dog Bite Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Elevator Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Fire & Explosions Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Golf Cart Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Head Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Horseback Riding Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Mass Gathering Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Nerve Damage Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Passenger Injury Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Seat Belt Injury Compensation Lawyers in Las Vegas
- Sexual Assault Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Slip and Fall Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Spinal Cord Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Sports Injury Lawyers In Las Vegas
- Swimming Pool Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Traumatic Brain Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Work-Related Injury Lawyers in Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Employment Law Attorneys
- Age Discrimination Attorneys Las Vegas
- Disability Discrimination Attorney Las Vegas
- Gender and Sex Discrimination Attorneys Las Vegas
- Pregnancy Discrimination Attorney Las Vegas
- Scaffolding Accident Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Wage & Hour Dispute Attorneys Las Vegas
- Whistleblower Retaliation Lawyers in Las Vegas
- Workers’ Compensation Attorney in Las Vegas
- Workplace Discrimination Attorneys Las Vegas
- Workplace Harassment Lawyers Las Vegas
- Workplace Retaliation Lawyer Las Vegas
- Wrongful Termination Attorneys in Las Vegas
- Top Rated Las Vegas Racial Discrimination Lawyers
- Real Estate Lawyers in Las Vegas
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- AirBNB Injury Attorneys in Las Vegas
- Automatic Sliding Door Injury
Attorney in Las Vegas
- Concert and Live Event Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Factory Injury Lawyers in Las Vegas
- Garage Door Accident Injury Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Grocery Store Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Gym Accident Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Parking Lot Accident Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Restaurant Injury Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Theme Park Ride Injury Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Trampoline Park Injury Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Product Liability Attorney in Las Vegas
- Civil Rights Litigation Attorneys in Las Vegas
- Medical Malpractice Attorney in Las Vegas
- Wrongful Death Attorney in Las Vegas
- Data Privacy Attorneys in Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Negligent Security Lawyer
- Las Vegas Nursing Home Neglect Attorney
- Persian Attorneys & Iranian Lawyers in Las Vegas
Amazing Car Accident Lawyer
“Saman is by far true to his word. He truly was available at all times and always kept me updated. In the end, he settled my case with a great results. He didn’t treat me like a file, he treated me as if he was representing family. If you are looking for open, fast, thorough and a detailed lawyer, look no further. I will definitely recommend him to anyone seeking legal services who wants to feel assured that they are in the best hands.”
“I was injured in a car accident. The lawyer made sure that I went to my chiropractor sessions and that I get the medical attention needed. I also got MRI’s as needed and also got back injections as needed. He was very persistent on contacting me, even when I wasn’t reachable, and making sure that I got treated right and paid a good amount at the end. He is a very respectful person and great lawyer.”
An Extraordinary Experience
“Thank you for your unwavering commitment to my case. Words do not adequately describe my feelings, when no one seemed to care about an old vet with an injury you were there. I can remember as clearly as though it were yesterday, your sincerity and desire to help me. For that, I will always be grateful. Your endless commitment of time, financial resources and a personal concern for my physical well being surpassed anything I could have expected or imagined.”
24/7 Free Case Evaluation
Los Angeles Office3530 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 710 Los Angeles, CA 90010 Tel: 213-884-4881
Irvine Office17875 Von Karman Ave. Suite 150 & 250 Irvine, CA 92614 Tel: 949-239-1020
Sacramento Office180 Promenade Cir Ste 300 Sacramento, CA 95834 Tel: 916-461-1818
Bakersfield Office3501 Mall View Rd Suite 105 Bakersfield, CA 93306 Tel: 661-409-0000