Las Vegas Rideshare Attorneys
Contact our attorneys if you have been in a car accident as a rider or driver in an Uber or Lyft rideshare.
Ride Share Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Trip and Fall Accident
Ride Share Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Trip and Fall Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Las Vegas Rideshare Attorneys
Uber and Lyft are both popular, easy, and quick modes of transportation, especially to get around the busy streets of Las Vegas, Nevada. However, accidents do happen and the addition of a third-party company like Uber or Lyft can make the accident a little more complicated. That’s why an experienced Las Vegas attorney is needed to build a strong case in your favor.
A rideshare company is an on-demand car service that allows customers to get from one point to another. Rideshare companies are very popular on the Las Vegas Strip, especially because many hotels do not offer free parking, and it’s far to get from one point to another. Visitors and tourists find it very easy to take an Uber or Lyft compared to driving from one hotel to the next.
The Las Vegas Strip has many different types of rideshare companies including: Uber, Lyft, taxis, limos, Diddy, and ola. Because there are so many different types of rideshare services, riders are more likely to get involved in a car accident. The Las Vegas Strip is very dangerous, especially over the weekends when it is busy and flooded with tourists.
You initially may try to settle with Uber or the insurance company before filing a lawsuit, but if you are unable to reach a settlement you may need to file a lawsuit to seek compensation. This is done by filing a complaint in Nevada court.
If you or a loved one have been involved in an Uber and / or Lyft rideshare accident, contact our Las Vegas attorneys immediately to determine how you could receive compensation for your injuries, and hold the at-fault party liable for your injuries.
Our experienced Las Vegas rideshare attorneys have decades of practice representing victims who have been injured in rideshare accidents. Rideshare accidents could leave the victims involved with very severe injuries that could impact their lives forever. Because of this, victims should be able to get compensated for medical bills, lost wages, and any pain and suffering.
Can you sue if your Uber crashes?
If you have found yourself to be a passenger in an Uber or Lyft, and the driver gets into an accident, you may be able to bring a lawsuit against the driver, Uber, and any other third parties at fault for injuries you have suffered. Nevada laws allows passengers to get compensated for their injuries if they were ever involved in an accident in Las Vegas.
Causes Of Uber And Lyft Accidents in Las Vegas
Uber and Lyft accidents can be caused through variety of instances, this includes:
- Distracted driving
- Fatigued driving
- Inexperienced driving
- Poor vehicle maintenance
- Texting and driving
- Impaired driving
- Drowsy driving
- Drunk driving
- Violating traffic laws
- Vehicle defect
- Improperly merging
- Improperly changing lanes
- Failing to yield the right-of-way to pedestrians
- Poor road conditions
You’ll need to know the details and how an Uber or Lyft accident attorney in Las Vegas can help you. Let’s dive deeper.
What to Do After the Accident
An accident is an emotional and dangerous time. You should have a plan and idea of what to do. Below is an overview of what you need to focus on.
1. Get Medical Attention
If there are any injuries, contact emergency services as soon as possible. Even if everyone seems fine, consider it anyway. Even minor injuries can hide serious issues.
2. Report the Accident
You should report the accident to the Las Vegas police. An officer will then arrive on the scene and draft an accident report, which will come in handy in the event you decide to file a lawsuit.
3. Get Contact Information for Drivers and Witnesses
Make sure to collect any and all contact information you can. Make sure you get all the drivers, passengers, and witnesses. Even the least involved person can have vital information.
4. Take Photos
Take as much photo or video evidence as you can of the accident. Make sure to include pictures of the damage, the area where it took place, and additional details like the weather or traffic.
5. Contact an Attorney
Contact an experienced attorney in Las Vegas who has represented Uber and Lyft accident victims in the past.
Do You Need a Rideshare Lawyer?
It is highly recommended that you have a licensed Las Vegas attorney when filing a claim for your injuries. An attorney will negotiate and gather information about your lawsuit to build a strong case.
Even in the most minor of accidents, make sure you have a proper lawyer. An experienced Uber and Lyft accident attorney in Las Vegas can spot issues before they become big problems. Their knowledge of local regulations can stop a lot of your headaches before they begin. Any injury can entitle you to compensation. Our lawyers can help to guide you through the process.
Reasons why hiring an attorney will help you include:
- Knowledge of specific Las Vegas car accident laws
- Experience negotiating with insurance companies
- Making sure you get the compensation that you deserve
Are Lyft or Uber Drivers Independent Contractors or Employees?
To determine whether the Lyft or Uber driver is responsible for your medical bills from the accident, you need to determine if the employee is a contractor or an employee.
For a long while, Lyft and Uber both had their drivers as contractors. A California law made a push to change that, but Las Vegas does not have similar laws. That means Lyft and Uber drivers will be considered contractors in Las Vegas. This means that drivers cannot receive benefits like minimum wage, overtime, and unemployment.
The best way to determine if a driver is an independent contractor is by looking at who pays for gas and car maintenance. If the driver does, then they are an independent contractor.
What is Lyft and Uber’s Insurance Coverage?
Uber and Lyft have insurance for their drivers and for passengers who are injured in the event of an accident.
The coverage depends on what period the accident took place in. that is why it takes a highly qualified Las Vegas rideshare attorney to break down moments leading up to the accident to see exactly what period the accident happened, and what compensation you are entitled to from the insurance company.
- Period 0 is for when the driver is not online, and there are no ride requests or rides pending.
- Period 1 starts as the driver is on the app and waiting for a ride request, but has not yet accepted the ride. During period 1, both Lyft and Uber provide liability insurance coverage up to $50,000 per person and $100,000 per accident, and up to $25,000 for property damage.
- Period 2 starts when the driver matches with a user and is en route to pick up the user from a specific destination. During period 2, both liability coverage is up to $1 million for bodily injury and property damage.
- Period 3 starts when the passenger is in the vehicle and remains until the driver drops them off at their final destination. During this time, liability coverage is still up to $1 million for bodily injury and property damage. During this time, uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage also apply. Uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage is a type of coverage that accounts for accidents involved with other drivers who do not have car insurance, or who do have car insurance but the coverage is very low.
Las Vegas Uber And Lyft Frequently Asked Questions
Does the rideshare program investigate an accident?
Yes, Lyft or Uber first hold their own investigations when you file a claim against them for injuries suffered as a result of the accident. You must report the accident to Uber or Lyft before filing a lawsuit. They will investigate what happened, and who was responsible. Their investigation can take a couple months.
Can I sue Lyft as a driver?
If you are the driver of the rideshare, and you have been injured in an accident that was not caused by you, you may be able to file a lawsuit against the at-fault party, along with the company that you work for.
If you were injured in an accident while working for Uber or lyft, you may sue Uber or Lyft for any damages that you have suffered. This means you have the ability to sue for medical bills, lost wages, and any emotional distress that you suffered from the injuries.
You may also file a lawsuit for employment law violations. For example, if the Lyft driver believes that they are not getting mandatory wage and labor breaks, they will be able to file a lawsuit against their employer. For any employment law claims you may have against your employer, contact our experienced Las Vegas employment lawyers today.
How long does a rideshare settlement take?
Depending on the circumstances of the right your accident, a rideshare settlement could take around two weeks after settlement negotiations. Our experienced Las Vegas attorneys work as quickly as possible to make sure that you get the compensation you deserve immediately.
The different factors that could affect the amount of time that your Uber or Lyft settlement may take include:
- The different parties involved
- The complexity of the accident
- How much in damages each party is suing for
- How helpful each party is in working together
- The availability of evidence to prove the accident
- Whether negotiations are successful
Does Uber compensate for accidents In Las Vegas?
Uber has compensated Nevada residents who have been involved in car accidents as a result of the Uber driver or another third-party. However, this depends on the circumstances of the accident. The facts of the case could determine whether or not you could receive compensation for your injuries.
How can I afford a rideshare attorney in Las Vegas?
Each attorney has different ways of getting paid. Some may require an hourly fee, whereas some may need a retainer.
Our top-rated Uber and Lyft attorneys in Las Vegas work on a contingency fee basis. This means that there is no fee unless we win a settlement or judgment in your favor. We understand that after going through an accident, you may not be in the right financial position to be able to afford an attorney and pay for them upfront.
What if I was driving for Uber and Lyft and I was hit?
As a driver, you want to make sure that you were not liable at all in the accident. Unfortunately, there may be certain circumstances where you will be involved in an Uber or Lyft accident as a driver. You can recover compensation from the at-fault party’s insurance Company. If you were working on the job when the accident occurred, you will also be able to obtain compensation from Uber or Lyft. It is very important that you get into contact with an experienced Uber and Lyft attorney to assist you in making sure that you were not liable in your accident, and get the compensation you deserve especially for your vehicle property damage.
What if I was an Uber or Lyft passenger that was involved in an accident?
As a passenger of Uber or Lyft, our Uber accident attorneys will deal with the insurance claims process to make sure you get maximum compensation for the injuries suffered. You may have a variety of compensation you would want to pursue, including medical bills and lost wages. The legal claim depends on who caused the accident. Our attorneys will gather as much evidence as possible and investigate your claim to determine who the at-fault party may be.
What if I was a pedestrian who had been hit by an Uber or Lyft driver?
Oftentimes, Uber or Lyft may not be liable if you have been hit by an Uber or Lyft car. This depends on the circumstances of the crash. For example, if the Uber driver was not working during the accident, you may not be able to hold the Uber driver liable. If the Uber driver was on the clock when you were hit as a pedestrian, you may be able to recover compensation according to Uber or Lyft policy. To determine the status of the driver during the time of the accident, consult our experienced Las Vegas personal injury attorneys to investigate your claim.
Finding an Experienced Uber and Lyft Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
We here at Heidari Law Group can help you better understand this situation, what you should do, and how to get out safe and sound. With an experienced Uber and Lyft accident attorney in Las Vegas, you will get the protection you need.
Contact us today for a free consultation.
Contact our high rated Las Vegas Lyft and Uber accident attorneys today to determine how you can see compensation for your injuries. Our contingency-fee lawyers will front all the costs necessary, so you do not have to worry about paying for any of our costs upfront. Our attorneys will work to make sure that you get fair compensation for your injuries.
Heidari Law Group Las Vegas Practice Areas
- Las Vegas Personal Injury Lawyers
- Las Vegas Assault and Battery Attorneys
- Las Vegas Slip and Fall Lawyers
- Las Vegas Spinal Cord Injury Attorneys
- Las Vegas Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyers
- Las Vegas Wrongful Death Attorneys
- Las Vegas Dog Bites Lawyers
- Las Vegas DUI & Drunk Driver Crashes Attorneys
- Las Vegas Workers’ Compensation Attorneys
- Las Vegas Persian Attorneys & Iranian Lawyers
- Las Vegas Car Accident Attorneys
- Las Vegas Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
- Las Vegas Bike Accident Attorneys
- Las Vegas Truck Accident Lawyers
- Las Vegas Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
- Las Vegas Bus Accident Lawyers
- Las Vegas Ride Share Accident Attorneys
- Las Vegas Uber & Lyft Accident Lawyers
- Las Vegas Accident Attorneys
- Airline and Plane Accidents
- ATV Accident Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Bicycle Accident Attorney
- Bicycle Accident Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Big Rig Accident Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Boating Accident Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Bus Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Car Accident Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Dog Bite Injury Lawyer in Las Vegas
- DUI and Drunk Driving Attorney in Las Vegas
- Freeway Accident Injury Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Helicopter Tour Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Limo and Shuttle Accident Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Loaner and Rental Car Accident Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Lyft and Uber Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Motorcycle Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Multi-Car Accident Attorney In Las Vegas
- Pedestrian Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- RV Accident Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Scooter Accident Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Slip and Fall Attorney in Las Vegas
- Taxi Cab Accident Attorneys
- Train & Monorail Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Transit Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Truck Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Uninsured and Underinsured Motorists Attorney in Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Personal Injury Attorney
- Animal Injury Attorneys in las Vegas
- Assault and Battery Attorneys in Las Vegas
- Broken Bone Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Burn Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Lawyers
- Catastrophic Injury Attorney
- Child Injury Attorneys
- Construction Accident & Injury Lawyers
- Crane Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Dangerous Prescriptions and Drugs Attorney in Las Vegas
- Dog Bite Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Elevator Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Fire & Explosions Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Golf Cart Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Head Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Horseback Riding Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Mass Gathering Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Nerve Damage Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Passenger Injury Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Seat Belt Injury Compensation Lawyers in Las Vegas
- Sexual Assault Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Slip and Fall Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Spinal Cord Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Sports Injury Lawyers In Las Vegas
- Swimming Pool Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Traumatic Brain Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Work-Related Injury Lawyers in Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Employment Law Attorneys
- Age Discrimination Attorneys Las Vegas
- Disability Discrimination Attorney Las Vegas
- Gender and Sex Discrimination Attorneys Las Vegas
- Pregnancy Discrimination Attorney Las Vegas
- Scaffolding Accident Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Wage & Hour Dispute Attorneys Las Vegas
- Whistleblower Retaliation Lawyers in Las Vegas
- Workers’ Compensation Attorney in Las Vegas
- Workplace Discrimination Attorneys Las Vegas
- Workplace Harassment Lawyers Las Vegas
- Workplace Retaliation Lawyer Las Vegas
- Wrongful Termination Attorneys in Las Vegas
- Top Rated Las Vegas Discrimination Lawyers
- Real Estate Lawyers in Las Vegas
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- AirBNB Injury Attorneys in Las Vegas
- Automatic Sliding Door Injury
Attorney in Las Vegas
- Concert and Live Event Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Factory Injury Lawyers in Las Vegas
- Garage Door Accident Injury Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Grocery Store Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Gym Accident Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Parking Lot Accident Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Restaurant Injury Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Theme Park Ride Injury Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Trampoline Park Injury Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Product Liability Attorney in Las Vegas
- Civil Rights Litigation Attorneys in Las Vegas
- Medical Malpractice Attorney in Las Vegas
- Wrongful Death Attorney in Las Vegas
- Data Privacy Attorneys in Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Negligent Security Lawyer
- Las Vegas Nursing Home Neglect Attorney
- Persian Attorneys & Iranian Lawyers in Las Vegas
Amazing Car Accident Lawyer
“Saman is by far true to his word. He truly was available at all times and always kept me updated. In the end, he settled my case with a great results. He didn’t treat me like a file, he treated me as if he was representing family. If you are looking for open, fast, thorough and a detailed lawyer, look no further. I will definitely recommend him to anyone seeking legal services who wants to feel assured that they are in the best hands.”
“I was injured in a car accident. The lawyer made sure that I went to my chiropractor sessions and that I get the medical attention needed. I also got MRI’s as needed and also got back injections as needed. He was very persistent on contacting me, even when I wasn’t reachable, and making sure that I got treated right and paid a good amount at the end. He is a very respectful person and great lawyer.”
An Extraordinary Experience
“Thank you for your unwavering commitment to my case. Words do not adequately describe my feelings, when no one seemed to care about an old vet with an injury you were there. I can remember as clearly as though it were yesterday, your sincerity and desire to help me. For that, I will always be grateful. Your endless commitment of time, financial resources and a personal concern for my physical well being surpassed anything I could have expected or imagined.”
24/7 Free Case Evaluation
Los Angeles Office3530 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 710 Los Angeles, CA 90010 Tel: 213-884-4881
Irvine Office17901 Von Karman Ave Suite 600 Irvine, CA 92614 Tel: 949-239-1020
Sacramento Office1215 K Street Sacramento, CA 95814 Tel: 916-461-1818
Bakersfield Office3501 Mall View Rd Suite 105 Bakersfield, CA 93306 Tel: 661-409-0000