Garage Door Accident Injury Lawyer in Las Vegas
If you have been involved in a garage door accident, call our Las Vegas attorneys today to file a lawsuit against the responsible parties.
The city of Las Vegas houses several thousands of residents, and this number increased during the covid-19 pandemic as many residents started to move into the state of Nevada. The majority of properties in Las Vegas are homes rather than apartment complexes. Garage door accidents may not seem that common, but they are one of the top accidents that could occur at home. Given the large size and heavy weight of a garage door, severe accidents are also very likely to result when a mechanism in a garage door fails to work properly.
Although many people do not think of garage doors causing an accident, they can result in around 20,000 injuries in the country each year. Usually, garage door accidents occur when the garage door fails to properly work all of a sudden, and the homeowner had no notice of the garage door having any problems.
How do garage door accidents occur in Las Vegas?
- The garage door window falls, and shards of glass can injure the victim. This could lead to amputations, scarring and disfigurement. These injuries may need treatment by a plastic surgeon, and the victim may suffer emotional distress from the scarring.
- Getting stuck under a garage door. One of the most common instances occurs when the garage door opener sensor does not properly work, and someone is caught between the door and the floor. This could result in severe injuries, such as broken bones.
- A garage door may not stay on its track, and may close abruptly.
- When a garage door abruptly closes, your hands or fingers could get caught in the door, and could crush your hand, which could lead to permanent injuries, even amputations.
What type of lawsuit could I file for my garage door accident injuries in Las Vegas?
There are different types of claims that you could file if you have been injured from a garage door. This includes:
- Premises liability claims: premises liability is a legal claim filed against a property owner or a manager. In this case, the victim could file a lawsuit against this party for failing to maintain the garage door on their property. The most common example includes a landlord and tenant lawsuit. If a tenant is injured from a garage door on the landlord’s property, they could potentially hold the landlord responsible.
- Product liability: this type of claim is filed specifically for defects. If the garage door opener had a defect at the time of the accident, then the injured parties could recover from the product retailer and product manufacturer.
Can a garage door cause death?
A garage door accident could result in injuries enough to cause death. A person might get crushed by the heavy weight of the garage door. Younger children are likely to sustain severe injuries, even death if they are caught between the garage door and the floor. Unfortunately, garage doors are attractive to young children, and children are likely to play under the garage door, or misuse it by constantly clicking the on off switch.
In the case that you have lost a loved one from a garage door accident, you have the right to file a wrongful death claim against the responsible party. A wrongful death claim is filed so that family members are able to receive compensation on behalf of the deceased, along with expenses when dealing with the funeral and burial.
What if I was also responsible for my garage door accident?
In some cases, the victim who has been injured in a garage door accident could be themselves responsible for causing injuries. But, this does not necessarily mean that the victim can no longer file a lawsuit. In Nevada, comparative negligence laws state that the victim could still recover even if they were partially responsible for the injuries.
For example, if you negligently installed the garage door, but the garage door accident was caused by a defect, you could still recover compensation from the product manufacturer or retailer. This requires a highly qualified attorney’s assistance. Give our Las Vegas lawyers a call today to review your negligence, and how your damages could be reduced.
How can I prevent garage door injuries in Las Vegas?
There are specific steps that you could take to make sure that any future garage door accidents are prevented. Some examples include:
- Make sure that your garage door is constantly maintained. This may require the assistance of a third-party garage door maintenance company.
- Do not allow children to play near the garage door.
- Always make sure that hands and feet are out of the way of the garage door track.
- Usually, garage doors have a safety reverse feature that reverses the garage door track in the case that the sensor detects that someone is near the garage door.
- If you are not knowledgeable about installation of garage doors, do not attempt to install the garage door yourself.
- Make sure that the red light sensors are working. We recommend that you check this once a month.
- If you notice any sounds, such as creaking coming from the garage door track, give a garage door inspector a call.
What type of compensation could I recover for my garage door accident?
You can recover a variety of compensation, including:
- Medical treatment, including hospital bills, medication, physical therapy, and any future medical bills that you may need
- Past lost income from the time you were injured
- Future lost income if the injuries will result in permanent injuries and affect your future work
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress caused by the injuries
Who is responsible for a garage door accident in Las vegas?
- Property manager
- Third party garage door inspector
- Garage door retailer
- Garage door manufacturer
How do I prove an accident against a garage door maintenance company?
If you are filing a lawsuit against a garage door maintenance company, you must have to show that:
- The party who installed or maintained the garage door had a duty to make sure that they acted safely, and to prevent any future accidents.
- The party installing or maintaining the garage door failed to take the necessary safety measures, and carelessly installed the garage door.
- Since the party failed to take the necessary safety measures, they have now caused an accident.
- The victim now has sustained severe injuries as a result of the garage door accident.
Garage Door Injury Attorney
Have you been injured in a garage door accident in Las Vegas? Call our highly-qualified lawyers today for a free case evaluation. We work tirelessly to make sure that those injured from a garage door accident get the compensation they deserve. A home is supposed to make you feel safe, and it could be a very traumatic experience to be injured at home. Not only are you able to recover compensation for your physical injuries, but you could also recover compensation for the emotional distress that you have suffered. Give us a call today to discuss your case.
Heidari Law Group Las Vegas Practice Areas
Personal Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Assault and Battery Attorneys in Las Vegas
- Traumatic Brain Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Slip and Fall Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Spinal Cord Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Dog Bite Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Catastrophic Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Broken Bone Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Nerve Damage Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Head Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Burn Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Sexual Assault Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Child Injury Claims Attorney in Las Vegas
Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Car Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Lyft & Uber Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Taxi Cab Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Rideshare Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Motorcycle Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Trucking Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Airline & Plane Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Metro Bus Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- DUI and Drunk Driving Attorney in Las Vegas
- Slip & Fall Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Dog Bite Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Train Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Helicopter Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Bicycle Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Pedestrian Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Premises Liability Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Elevator Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Construction Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Golf Cart Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
Employment & Labor Law Attorneys in Las Vegas
- Wrongful Termination Attorney in Las Vegas
- Workplace Discrimination Attorney in Las Vegas
- Whistleblower Retaliation Attorney in Las Vegas
- Workplace Harassment Attorney in Las Vegas
- Wages & Hours Dispute Attorney in Las Vegas
- Workers’ Compensation Attorney in Las Vegas
- Age Discrimination Attorney in Las Vegas
- Disability Discrimination Attorney in Las Vegas
- Gender Discrimination Attorney in Las Vegas
- Pregnancy Discrimination Attorney in Las Vegas
Medical Malpractice Attorneys in Las Vegas
Vaccine Injury Compensation Court
- COVID-19 Vaccine Attorney in Las Vegas
- Flu Vaccine Attorney in Las Vegas
- HPV Vaccine Attorney in Las Vegas
Nursing Home Neglect & Elder Abuse
Product Liability Attorney in Las Vegas
Insurance Bad Faith Attorney in Las Vegas
Civil Rights Litigation Attorney in Las Vegas
Negligent Security Attorney in Las Vegas
HIPAA Violations Attorney in Las Vegas
Data Privacy Breach Attorney in Las Vegas