Las Vegas Gender and Sex Discrimination Attorneys
If you have been discriminated against because of your gender in the Las Vegas area, get in touch with our top rated discrimination attorneys today for a free consultation.
Ride Share Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Trip and Fall Accident
Ride Share Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Trip and Fall Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Las Vegas Gender and Sex Discrimination Attorneys
Nevada state laws prohibit any type of gender discrimination at the workplace. Both Nevada and federal laws have several workplace protections in place to prevent gender and sex discrimination. Unfortunately, despite the fact that there are several laws in place, both men and women face gender discrimination almost every day in Las Vegas, Nevada. We understand that not only could this take an emotional toll on you, but you may also have to deal with the financial repercussions of being discriminated against. If you or a loved one have been discriminated against at work because of your gender or sex, contact our experienced employment attorneys in Las Vegas today. We have an office located in Las Vegas, and are available 24/7 to answer any questions or concerns you may have about your potential gender discrimination case.
Our attorneys are dedicated to making sure that no employee has their rights taken advantage of by their employer. Not only is it unethical, but it is also illegal through various statutes for an employer to discriminate against their employees.
What is sex discrimination?
Sex discrimination occurs when an employer adversely treats and employee simply because of their sex. This occurs when an employer makes assumptions based on a gender stereotype or a gender expression. Sex discrimination could occur based on any of the following acts against:
- Biological gender
- Gender identity
- Gender expression
- Gender stereotypes
If you have suffered any of the above-mentioned types of discrimination, contact our employment law attorneys for a free no risk consultation today. During this consultation, we will determine whether you have a valid claim against your employer for damages. We always want to make sure that our clients have all of their questions answered, and understand what type of employer misconduct claim they may be facing.
Federal Gender Discrimination Laws
Under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, employers are prohibited from discriminating against individuals during the individual’s employment because of their gender. Title VII applies only to those employers who have more than 15 employees. Employers must not discriminate through all points of the employee’s scope of employment. For example, an employer can also refuse to hire an employee specifically because they belong to a certain gender.
Examples of Gender and Sex Discrimination
Gender and sex discrimination can take place in many different ways, including:
- Refusing to hire an employee because of their gender or sex
- Demoting an employee for expressing their gender
- Transferring an employee after going through gender transition
- Firing an employee while going through gender transition
- Sexual harassment
- Failing to pay an employee salary, overtime pay, life insurance, stock options, vacation holiday pay, reimbursement for travel expenses
- Verbal discriminatory comments
- Giving the employee less favorable job responsibilities
All the above-mentioned examples are unacceptable and unlawful. Our dedicated Las Vegas discrimination attorneys will help you through the process and asserting your claims and holding your at fault employer liable. If you have experienced any of the above circumstances at your workplace, it is very important to get in touch with us immediately.
Which Employers Are Prohibited From Sex Discrimination In Las Vegas ?
Both state and federal laws hold employers who have 15 or more employees responsible for gender and sex discrimination.
What type of compensation could I receive for my sex discrimination claim in Nevada?
There are a variety of different damages an employee could receive as compensation for their injuries. Examples of compensation include:
- Physical injuries
- Emotional distress
- Front pay
- Back pay
- Attorney’s fees
- Property damage
It is important to note that these damages differ depending on the circumstances of the discriminatory act. There are other damages you could possibly receive. To determine what type of damages you could receive specifically, contact our attorneys today for a free no risk initial consultation.
When is gender discrimination prohibited?
According to both Federal and Nevada laws, gender discrimination is prohibited throughout the scope of employment. This includes:
- Interviewing the applicant
- Hiring the applicant
- Firing the employee
- Demoting the employee
- Transferring the employee
- Paying the employee
- Conditions in employment contracts
What is wrongful retaliation?
Many are afraid to come forward and report their gender discrimination claims because they are afraid of what their employers would do if they found out that they were being sued. It is very important to note that you should never be afraid of filing a claim against your employer. Your employer is prohibited from taking any retaliatory measures against you for speaking up against the company and reporting any injustice you have faced. If your employer starts treating you differently because you have filed a lawsuit against them for gender discrimination, you may have a claim for wrongful retaliation.
For example, an employee could file a gender discrimination charge, testify in court against their employer, and provide documents to a public entity regarding their employer’s illegal activities. An employee is protected if they engage in any type of behavior mentioned.
How do you file a claim for gender discrimination in Las Vegas?
A claim must be filed initially with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. Our Las Vegas employment rights attorneys represent employees, and guide them through the legal process of filing such claims. After you submit a claim to the EEOC, they will evaluate and look into your claim to determine if you have a valid action. Then, they will provide you with a right-to-sue letter. You then have the ability to file a civil lawsuit against the at fault party with the right to sue letter.
Even if you have not received a right-to-sue letter from the EEOC, you could still file a claim against your employer for gender discrimination.
What is sexual harassment in Las Vegas?
Recently, there has been an increase in employees who have come forward and reported sexual harassment claims because many organizations are encouraging people to speak up. Sexual harassment is unethical, and unacceptable. Sexual harassment is a form of gender discrimination, and occurs when employers ask their employees for sexual requests, engages in unconsented sexual advances, or sexually speaks about unwelcome statements. This type of environment can be very uncomfortable, and could create a hostile working environment.
If you believe you have been a victim to a hostile working environment, contact our gender discrimination attorneys today to see how you could receive compensation for your injuries.
Get in Touch with Our Top-Rated Discrimination Attorneys Today
Our employment discrimination attorneys in Las Vegas are here to help. Contact our Las Vegas discrimination attorneys today to determine the best steps we can take to make sure that your rights have been adequately protected. We understand that it can be very difficult to undergo such a traumatic experience. However, we are here for you every step of the way. No employee should have to endure any discrimination. Get in touch with our Las Vegas lawyers today.
Employees in Las Vegas deserve a fair and equal workplace environment. Those who are mistreated by their employer have the right to file a claim against their employer for damages. Our attorneys have decades of experience representing a variety of employment law claims, including,
- Workplace retaliation
- Wrongful termination
- Pregnancy discrimination
- Employment classification
- Wage and hour disputes
Don’t wait. Contact our attorneys today to see how you can get legal help. Our Las Vegas attorneys provide individualized attention to all our clients who have been victimized at work. Contact us today for a free case evaluation.
When you need a gender discrimination and harassment attorney on your side, we are here to help.
Las Vegas Practice Areas
- Las Vegas Personal Injury Lawyers
- Las Vegas Assault and Battery Attorneys
- Las Vegas Slip and Fall Lawyers
- Las Vegas Spinal Cord Injury Attorneys
- Las Vegas Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyers
- Las Vegas Wrongful Death Attorneys
- Las Vegas Dog Bites Lawyers
- Las Vegas DUI & Drunk Driver Crashes Attorneys
- Las Vegas Workers’ Compensation Attorneys
- Las Vegas Persian Attorneys & Iranian Lawyers
- Las Vegas Car Accident Attorneys
- Las Vegas Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
- Las Vegas Bike Accident Attorneys
- Las Vegas Truck Accident Lawyers
- Las Vegas Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
- Las Vegas Bus Accident Lawyers
- Las Vegas Ride Share Accident Attorneys
- Las Vegas Uber & Lyft Accident Lawyers
- Las Vegas Accident Attorneys
- Airline and Plane Accidents
- ATV Accident Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Bicycle Accident Attorney
- Bicycle Accident Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Big Rig Accident Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Boating Accident Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Bus Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Car Accident Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Dog Bite Injury Lawyer in Las Vegas
- DUI and Drunk Driving Attorney in Las Vegas
- Freeway Accident Injury Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Helicopter Tour Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Limo and Shuttle Accident Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Loaner and Rental Car Accident Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Lyft and Uber Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Motorcycle Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Multi-Car Accident Attorney In Las Vegas
- Pedestrian Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- RV Accident Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Scooter Accident Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Slip and Fall Attorney in Las Vegas
- Taxi Cab Accident Attorneys
- Train & Monorail Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Transit Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Truck Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Uninsured and Underinsured Motorists Attorney in Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Personal Injury Attorney
- Animal Injury Attorneys in las Vegas
- Assault and Battery Attorneys in Las Vegas
- Broken Bone Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Burn Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Lawyers
- Catastrophic Injury Attorney
- Child Injury Attorneys
- Construction Accident & Injury Lawyers
- Crane Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Dangerous Prescriptions and Drugs Attorney in Las Vegas
- Dog Bite Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Elevator Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Fire & Explosions Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Golf Cart Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Head Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Horseback Riding Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Mass Gathering Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Nerve Damage Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Passenger Injury Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Seat Belt Injury Compensation Lawyers in Las Vegas
- Sexual Assault Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Slip and Fall Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Spinal Cord Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Sports Injury Lawyers In Las Vegas
- Swimming Pool Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Traumatic Brain Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Work-Related Injury Lawyers in Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Employment Law Attorneys
- Age Discrimination Attorneys Las Vegas
- Disability Discrimination Attorney Las Vegas
- Gender and Sex Discrimination Attorneys Las Vegas
- Pregnancy Discrimination Attorney Las Vegas
- Scaffolding Accident Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Wage & Hour Dispute Attorneys Las Vegas
- Whistleblower Retaliation Lawyers in Las Vegas
- Workers’ Compensation Attorney in Las Vegas
- Workplace Discrimination Attorneys Las Vegas
- Workplace Harassment Lawyers Las Vegas
- Workplace Retaliation Lawyer Las Vegas
- Wrongful Termination Attorneys in Las Vegas
- Top Rated Las Vegas Racial Discrimination Lawyers
- Real Estate Lawyers in Las Vegas
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- AirBNB Injury Attorneys in Las Vegas
- Automatic Sliding Door Injury
Attorney in Las Vegas
- Concert and Live Event Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Factory Injury Lawyers in Las Vegas
- Garage Door Accident Injury Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Grocery Store Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Gym Accident Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Parking Lot Accident Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Restaurant Injury Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Theme Park Ride Injury Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Trampoline Park Injury Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Product Liability Attorney in Las Vegas
- Civil Rights Litigation Attorneys in Las Vegas
- Medical Malpractice Attorney in Las Vegas
- Wrongful Death Attorney in Las Vegas
- Data Privacy Attorneys in Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Negligent Security Lawyer
- Las Vegas Nursing Home Neglect Attorney
- Persian Attorneys & Iranian Lawyers in Las Vegas
Amazing Car Accident Lawyer
“Saman is by far true to his word. He truly was available at all times and always kept me updated. In the end, he settled my case with a great results. He didn’t treat me like a file, he treated me as if he was representing family. If you are looking for open, fast, thorough and a detailed lawyer, look no further. I will definitely recommend him to anyone seeking legal services who wants to feel assured that they are in the best hands.”
“I was injured in a car accident. The lawyer made sure that I went to my chiropractor sessions and that I get the medical attention needed. I also got MRI’s as needed and also got back injections as needed. He was very persistent on contacting me, even when I wasn’t reachable, and making sure that I got treated right and paid a good amount at the end. He is a very respectful person and great lawyer.”
An Extraordinary Experience
“Thank you for your unwavering commitment to my case. Words do not adequately describe my feelings, when no one seemed to care about an old vet with an injury you were there. I can remember as clearly as though it were yesterday, your sincerity and desire to help me. For that, I will always be grateful. Your endless commitment of time, financial resources and a personal concern for my physical well being surpassed anything I could have expected or imagined.”
24/7 Free Case Evaluation
Los Angeles Office3530 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 710 Los Angeles, CA 90010 Tel: 213-884-4881
Irvine Office17875 Von Karman Ave. Suite 150 & 250 Irvine, CA 92614 Tel: 949-239-1020
Sacramento Office180 Promenade Cir Ste 300 Sacramento, CA 95834 Tel: 916-461-1818
Bakersfield Office3501 Mall View Rd Suite 105 Bakersfield, CA 93306 Tel: 661-409-0000