Sexual Assault Injury Attorneys
Are you the victim of sexual abuse? You may be able to sue the abuser for monetary damages. Contact our sexual assault attorneys today for more information.
Ride Share Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Trip and Fall Accident
Ride Share Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Trip and Fall Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Las Vegas Sexual Assault Injuries
Sexual assault is very prevalent in America, especially on the Las Vegas strip where there are 43 million visitors each year. Being sexually assaulted is a very traumatic experience, and our attorneys are here for you to seek compensation from the assaulter. Our Las Vegas sexual assault attorneys are here to take on your claims, and to make sure that you are well-represented while you focus on healing from your injuries.
Our experienced Nevada sexual assault lawsuit attorneys provide a free confidential consultation, where we will review your claim, and determine the different ways we can navigate through the legal process for you to ensure you get maximum compensation for your injuries. We understand that sexual assault cases can be very complex, so if you have any concerns or questions throughout your consultation, feel free to ask us anything. Because assault incidents could be a “he said she said” situation, our attorneys are committed in making sure that our clients get the best legal representation.
Women, men, and children can all become victims of sexual assault In Nevada. It is important for victims to understand their rights and determine the best legal options to move forward and seek compensation for their injuries. Nevada has several different resources and organizations available that deal with sexual assault claims, and assist the victim.
Nevada started a Public Safety Uniform Crime Reporting Program, where callers could anonymously report incidents. The program focuses more on sexual assault cases and offenses. Within one year, there were around 3,000 reported incidents of sexual assault offenses in the state of Nevada. Keep in mind that this number could be so much more given that only a fraction of people actually reports sexual assaults. The most common types of sexual assault incidents reported under the program were attempted rape, rape, and sodomy.
Around 80% of the victims of these sexual assault incidents were female, and around 20% were male. The most common age group was females between the ages of 18 to 29.
What is good evidence in a sexual assault case?
Although each type of sexual assault circumstance could differ from one another, our experienced sexual assault lawsuit attorneys recommend that you gather as much evidence as possible from the scene. For example, types of evidence that could build your case include:
- Biological evidence (like semen and fingerprints)
- Impression evidence (doors that were left open, or footprints)
- Trace evidence (hairs left behind)
Why should I file a civil lawsuit for sexual assault in Nevada?
Filing a civil lawsuit holds the perpetrator accountable. If you have gone through the criminal process of holding the perpetrator guilty, you may not have received compensation for your claim. Sexual assault is a civil personal injury claim, where a victim of sexual assault could hold the perpetrator responsible for compensation. There are several different types of compensation a victim could receive.
Will I still have a sexual assault claim if I am the only witness?
This is one of the most common questions that our attorneys receive. You could still file a sexual assault lawsuit against the perpetrator even if you were the only witness. Usually, sexual assault cases take place when no one else is around, so it is very common for the victim to be the only witness. To determine how you could obtain compensation in a civil lawsuit, contact our Las Vegas attorneys today.
Examples Of Sexual Abuse
There are several different types of sexual abuse that you could seek compensation for. These include:
- Inappropriate touching
- Inappropriate verbal statements
- Indecent exposure
- Sex trafficking
- Child pornography
- Statutory rape
- Sexual coercion
When do I have to file my sexual assault claim in Nevada?
Nevada statute of limitations provides a specific time limit as to when a victim of sexual assault could file a claim in court. The statute of limitations for filing a civil lawsuit for sexual assault is two years from the date of the sexual assault. But, if the victim was under the age of 18 at the time of the assault, the statute of limitations is extended until the victim turns 20.
Who can be held accountable in a Nevada sexual assault claim?
Anyone who commits the act of sexual assault could be held accountable and liable for their actions. There are many different types of defendants that could be held liable.
Examples of relationships that are most common in sexual assault claims include:
- Massage therapist and client
- Employer and employee
- Teacher and student
- Doctor and patient
- Nurse and patient
- Caregiver and patient
The different parties that could be responsible for the sexual assault may include:
- Individual perpetrator
- Property owners
- Property managers
What type of compensation could I receive for my sexual assault claims in Nevada?
Nevada’s laws allow compensation to a victim of sexual assault. However, the damages could differ depending on the circumstances of the sexual assault. Although a criminal court is to hold the defendant guilty of a crime, it could also make the at-fault liable for compensation in a civil action. We could recover a variety of damages including:
Economic damages: Economic damages are those that are easily calculated, and will require records and invoices to produce.
- Medical bills: sexual assault can usually result in physical injuries (link: Las Vegas catastrophic injuries) that require physical rehabilitation and therapy. The assaulter is responsible for compensating the victim for any medical bills that have been accumulated, along with any future medical costs relating to the sexual assault.
- Lost wages: this is a category of economic damages that could easily be proven by records. For example, the plaintiff will have to show that they missed out on work, and therefore missed out on any income. The plaintiff could recover both past lost wages and future lost wages.
- Punitive damages: although this is rare in Nevada, punitive damages are most likely awarded in sexual assault claim than any other claims since the defendant could be seen with malice when engaging in the assault. Punitive damages are meant to act as exemplary damage and hold the defendant liable for their actions.
Non-economic damages: Noneconomic are those that do not have a price tag and cannot be proven with simple records and invoices.
- Pain and suffering: this refers to the emotional trauma experienced from the sexual assault. For example, instances of pain and suffering include post-traumatic stress disorder, anxiety, anguish, insomnia, and depression. These fall under non-economic damages which have to be proven by the plaintiff.
The value of the compensation you could receive and your sexual assault claim will depend on the extent of the injuries. In order to determine exactly how much you could recover, contact our sexual assault attorneys today.
What should I do if I have been a victim of sexual assault in Las Vegas?
- After experiencing a sexual assault incident, contact the Las Vegas Police Department to investigate the claim for you and to open the claim against the assaulter.
- Seek medical care immediately. Not only is medical care needed to quickly treat the victim, but medical care is needed to show medical records to prove compensation in a sexual assault claim.
- Gather as much information as possible regarding the incident. Examples of evidence include video surveillance, along with any witness information.
- Contact a sexual assault crisis center for support and resources. An example of a crisis center in Las Vegas is the Rape Crisis Center of Las vegas. They could provide counseling.
- Contact our Las Vegas sexual assault attorneys for a free confidential consultation. We are available to fight for your rights.
Contact Our Las Vegas Attorneys Today
Our personal injury attorneys are here to help. Our top-rated Las Vegas attorneys will provide you with a piece of mind during the legal process. While we communicate with the assaulter and any other insurance company, you could focus on your injuries. We will do everything we can to make sure that you received maximum compensation for your injuries.
Contact us today for a free confidential consultation.
Our highly qualified Las Vegas attorneys will provide you with legal support and guidance to make sure that you understand your legal rights and the different options you have when pursuing a sexual assault lawsuit.
We will investigate the circumstances of the sexual assault to make sure that we have gathered strong evidence for your claim.
We will negotiate settlements and communicate with the insurance company or with the perpetrator to make sure that the settlement is fair for you. Throughout all this, our highly qualified sexual assault attorneys will protect your privacy.
Las Vegas Practice Areas
- Las Vegas Personal Injury Lawyers
- Las Vegas Assault and Battery Attorneys
- Las Vegas Slip and Fall Lawyers
- Las Vegas Spinal Cord Injury Attorneys
- Las Vegas Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyers
- Las Vegas Wrongful Death Attorneys
- Las Vegas Dog Bites Lawyers
- Las Vegas DUI & Drunk Driver Crashes Attorneys
- Las Vegas Workers’ Compensation Attorneys
- Las Vegas Persian Attorneys & Iranian Lawyers
- Las Vegas Car Accident Attorneys
- Las Vegas Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
- Las Vegas Bike Accident Attorneys
- Las Vegas Truck Accident Lawyers
- Las Vegas Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
- Las Vegas Bus Accident Lawyers
- Las Vegas Ride Share Accident Attorneys
- Las Vegas Uber & Lyft Accident Lawyers
- Las Vegas Accident Attorneys
- Airline and Plane Accidents
- ATV Accident Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Bicycle Accident Attorney
- Bicycle Accident Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Big Rig Accident Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Boating Accident Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Bus Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Car Accident Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Dog Bite Injury Lawyer in Las Vegas
- DUI and Drunk Driving Attorney in Las Vegas
- Freeway Accident Injury Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Helicopter Tour Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Limo and Shuttle Accident Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Loaner and Rental Car Accident Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Lyft and Uber Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Motorcycle Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Multi-Car Accident Attorney In Las Vegas
- Pedestrian Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- RV Accident Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Scooter Accident Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Slip and Fall Attorney in Las Vegas
- Taxi Cab Accident Attorneys
- Train & Monorail Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Transit Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Truck Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Uninsured and Underinsured Motorists Attorney in Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Personal Injury Attorney
- Animal Injury Attorneys in las Vegas
- Assault and Battery Attorneys in Las Vegas
- Broken Bone Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Burn Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Lawyers
- Catastrophic Injury Attorney
- Child Injury Attorneys
- Construction Accident & Injury Lawyers
- Crane Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Dangerous Prescriptions and Drugs Attorney in Las Vegas
- Dog Bite Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Elevator Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Fire & Explosions Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Golf Cart Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Head Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Horseback Riding Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Mass Gathering Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Nerve Damage Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Passenger Injury Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Seat Belt Injury Compensation Lawyers in Las Vegas
- Sexual Assault Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Slip and Fall Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Spinal Cord Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Sports Injury Lawyers In Las Vegas
- Swimming Pool Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Traumatic Brain Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Work-Related Injury Lawyers in Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Employment Law Attorneys
- Age Discrimination Attorneys Las Vegas
- Disability Discrimination Attorney Las Vegas
- Gender and Sex Discrimination Attorneys Las Vegas
- Pregnancy Discrimination Attorney Las Vegas
- Scaffolding Accident Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Wage & Hour Dispute Attorneys Las Vegas
- Whistleblower Retaliation Lawyers in Las Vegas
- Workers’ Compensation Attorney in Las Vegas
- Workplace Discrimination Attorneys Las Vegas
- Workplace Harassment Lawyers Las Vegas
- Workplace Retaliation Lawyer Las Vegas
- Wrongful Termination Attorneys in Las Vegas
- Top Rated Las Vegas Discrimination Lawyers
- Real Estate Lawyers in Las Vegas
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- AirBNB Injury Attorneys in Las Vegas
- Automatic Sliding Door Injury
Attorney in Las Vegas
- Concert and Live Event Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Factory Injury Lawyers in Las Vegas
- Garage Door Accident Injury Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Grocery Store Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Gym Accident Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Parking Lot Accident Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Restaurant Injury Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Theme Park Ride Injury Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Trampoline Park Injury Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Product Liability Attorney in Las Vegas
- Civil Rights Litigation Attorneys in Las Vegas
- Medical Malpractice Attorney in Las Vegas
- Wrongful Death Attorney in Las Vegas
- Data Privacy Attorneys in Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Negligent Security Lawyer
- Las Vegas Nursing Home Neglect Attorney
- Persian Attorneys & Iranian Lawyers in Las Vegas
Amazing Car Accident Lawyer
“Saman is by far true to his word. He truly was available at all times and always kept me updated. In the end, he settled my case with a great results. He didn’t treat me like a file, he treated me as if he was representing family. If you are looking for open, fast, thorough and a detailed lawyer, look no further. I will definitely recommend him to anyone seeking legal services who wants to feel assured that they are in the best hands.”
“I was injured in a car accident. The lawyer made sure that I went to my chiropractor sessions and that I get the medical attention needed. I also got MRI’s as needed and also got back injections as needed. He was very persistent on contacting me, even when I wasn’t reachable, and making sure that I got treated right and paid a good amount at the end. He is a very respectful person and great lawyer.”
An Extraordinary Experience
“Thank you for your unwavering commitment to my case. Words do not adequately describe my feelings, when no one seemed to care about an old vet with an injury you were there. I can remember as clearly as though it were yesterday, your sincerity and desire to help me. For that, I will always be grateful. Your endless commitment of time, financial resources and a personal concern for my physical well being surpassed anything I could have expected or imagined.”
24/7 Free Case Evaluation
Los Angeles Office3530 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 710 Los Angeles, CA 90010 Tel: 213-884-4881
Irvine Office17901 Von Karman Ave Suite 600 Irvine, CA 92614 Tel: 949-239-1020
Sacramento Office1215 K Street Sacramento, CA 95814 Tel: 916-461-1818
Bakersfield Office3501 Mall View Rd Suite 105 Bakersfield, CA 93306 Tel: 661-409-0000