When visiting a hospital, many of us have an expectation that our doctors and nurses will be providing the utmost care, and will take all the necessary steps to make sure that patients have been cared for without any dangers or harm. But, this is not always the case. Hospitals and emergency rooms have the highest cases of medical malpractice in the United States. In Las Vegas, there are several hospitals and emergency rooms all located very close to one another, unfortunately, this leads to an increase in medical malpractice lawsuits.
If you or a loved one believe that the medical provider has failed to take all the necessary steps to prevent any type of harm or injury that you have suffered, give us a call today to discuss your Las Vegas hospital and ER negligence lawsuit. We have been representing victims who have been injured and hurt from medical providers who are working in the emergency room department for decades. We have recovered hundreds of millions of dollars for our clients, and have several different aggressive personal injury attorneys ready to help you get the care that you deserve.
What are different types of accidents and injuries caused by medical malpractice?
Medical malpractice in a hospital or emergency room setting may differ compared to a general medical malpractice case. For example, medical malpractice in a hospital or in an emergency room department may include incidents such as:
- Brain injuries caused by a trip and fall
- Spinal cord injuries caused by a trip and fall
- Bedsores from negligence care from nurses
- Improper medication
- Hospital equipment that has been misused
- Failing to provide proper hospital equipment
- Failing to monitor fall risk patients
- Hospital bed falls
- Improper surgeries
- Improper documentation of a patient
- Delayed treatment
- Overcrowded hospitals
- Incorrect diagnosis of injuries
There are several other instances of medical malpractice that may take place in a hospital or emergency room. Because emergency rooms have a fast-paced environment, unfortunately the likelihood of getting negligent care is very high.
What type of injuries result from a medical malpractice incident in Las Vegas?
- Spinal cord injuries
- Brain injuries
- Heart attack
Who can be responsible for a hospital medical malpractice lawsuit in Las Vegas?
There are several parties that could be held responsible, but the most common defendant in a medical malpractice lawsuit in Las Vegas includes:
- The employee: whether the employee was a doctor, nurse, surgeon, etc., they could be held individually responsible for a medical malpractice case that took place in the emergency room setting.
- The hospital: a hospital is likely the number one most common defendant in a medical malpractice lawsuit. A hospital must have adequate safety measures and training protocols for their employees to prevent any type of negligent actions taken by their employees.
How much is my medical malpractice lawsuit worth in Las Vegas?
In order to give our clients a better idea as to how much their medical malpractice lawsuit is worth, we will have to take a look at several different factors. Our attorneys are not able to provide a direct answer because each circumstance depends on the details involved. That is why we recommend that you schedule a free case evaluation with our attorneys so we could get a better idea as to how much your case may be worth. Some factors that we consider include:
- The safety measures that the hospital took prior to the incident
- The liability of the employee who acted negligently
- The physical injuries that you have suffered
- The permanent effect that the injuries will result in
- The amount of time that you took off from work because of the injuries you have suffered
- The emotional toll that the injuries have taken on you
Understaffed Las Vegas Hospitals
During the COVID-19 pandemic, several hospitals did not have enough space to treat patients who had COVID-19, and to treat patients for any other diseases or injuries they may have had. Several hospitals were understaffed because they lacked a large group of employees to care for the patients. Understaffed hospitals could result in trip and fall accidents and failure to monitor patients who had a high-risk fall. If you suffered any type of injury from an understaffed and overcrowded hospital during the COVID-19 pandemic, contact our Las Vegas attorneys today to see how you could recover compensation from the hospital for any injuries that you have suffered. Give us a call today to discuss your case.
Unfortunately, there are certain circumstances where a hospital fails to provide proper medication to the patient. This could be either the doctor’s responsibility for failing to prescribe the proper medication, or it may be the pharmacist’s responsibility since they provided the wrong medication. Prescription medication error is very common in hospitals and the emergency room department.
Since the emergency room department is always working on a fast-paced timeline, it could be very difficult for physicians to diagnose a patient in such a short amount of time. For example, patients who have suffered a heart attack may need several tests and imaging done to determine what they have suffered and what the next steps are.
Injuries from Surgeries
The emergency room department is known to perform many different types of surgeries. But, there is the unfortunate circumstance that a physician may perform the wrong surgery, or may perform the surgery on the wrong body part. The surgery could also be performed incorrectly. For example, the physician could accidentally leave medical tools within the patient’s body.
How much do our Las Vegas hospital medical malpractice lawyers cost?
Prior to visiting an attorney, we recommend that you review all of the experience an attorney may have. Hospital medical malpractice cases require the care and attention of a highly qualified attorney that has dealt with medical malpractice cases in the past. Our attorneys have dealt with medical malpractice cases for the last several decades. We have a successful track record, and have recovered hundreds of millions of dollars for our clients who have suffered injuries as a result of hospital malpractice.
Our attorneys also work on contingency arrangement, which means that you owe no fees upfront. Until we win a favorable outcome for you, you do not owe us anything.
ER & Hospital Negligence Attorney in Las Vegas
Give our malpractice attorneys a call today to discuss your potential hospital malpractice case. It takes a lot for a medical malpractice attorney to have a favorable case. Several different types of evidence need to be collected. That is why we recommend that you contact our attorneys for a free consultation to discuss the different options you may have and the best steps you should take for your specific scenario.
We believe that medical providers who have not taken the necessary steps that they should should be held responsible for medical malpractice. A patient who has suffered injuries should get compensated for the injuries that they have suffered.
Heidari Law Group Las Vegas Practice Areas
Personal Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Assault and Battery Attorneys in Las Vegas
- Traumatic Brain Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Slip and Fall Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Spinal Cord Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Dog Bite Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Catastrophic Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Broken Bone Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Nerve Damage Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Head Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Burn Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Sexual Assault Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Child Injury Claims Attorney in Las Vegas
Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Car Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Lyft & Uber Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Taxi Cab Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Rideshare Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Motorcycle Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Trucking Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Airline & Plane Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Metro Bus Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- DUI and Drunk Driving Attorney in Las Vegas
- Slip & Fall Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Dog Bite Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Train Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Helicopter Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Bicycle Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Pedestrian Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Premises Liability Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Elevator Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Construction Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Golf Cart Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
Employment & Labor Law Attorneys in Las Vegas
- Wrongful Termination Attorney in Las Vegas
- Workplace Discrimination Attorney in Las Vegas
- Whistleblower Retaliation Attorney in Las Vegas
- Workplace Harassment Attorney in Las Vegas
- Wages & Hours Dispute Attorney in Las Vegas
- Workers’ Compensation Attorney in Las Vegas
- Age Discrimination Attorney in Las Vegas
- Disability Discrimination Attorney in Las Vegas
- Gender Discrimination Attorney in Las Vegas
- Pregnancy Discrimination Attorney in Las Vegas
Medical Malpractice Attorneys in Las Vegas
Vaccine Injury Compensation Court
- COVID-19 Vaccine Attorney in Las Vegas
- Flu Vaccine Attorney in Las Vegas
- HPV Vaccine Attorney in Las Vegas
Nursing Home Neglect & Elder Abuse
Product Liability Attorney in Las Vegas
Insurance Bad Faith Attorney in Las Vegas
Civil Rights Litigation Attorney in Las Vegas
Negligent Security Attorney in Las Vegas
HIPAA Violations Attorney in Las Vegas
Data Privacy Breach Attorney in Las Vegas