Big Rig Accident Injury Attorneys in Las Vegas
Have you or a loved one been a victim of a big rig accident? Contact our experienced attorneys today so that we can gather all the necessary evidence to strengthen your claim, and obtain the most compensation for your injuries.
Ride Share Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Trip and Fall Accident
Ride Share Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Trip and Fall Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Big Rig Accident Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
Big rig accidents can lead to devastating consequences or severe injuries that alter their victims lives forever. Apart from experiencing the trauma that involves being in a collision, often you will have to deal with medical expenses and other costs while trying to rehabilitate from your injuries.
Types of Big Rig Accidents
There are different types of truck accidents, some of the most common are:
- Rear end collisions: because of their size, big rigs need more space to stop, this is why, drivers must always maintain safe following distances from the vehicles in front of them to avoid any collisions.
- Tire blowouts: they can result from worn out tires, improper maintenance, or loads too heavy. When a tire blows out it can cause the driver to lose control of the truck, and result in a collision.
- Head on collisions: these are the most common types of accidents, representing almost 60% of all collisions.And they also are among the deadliest, because of the difference in size and weight of a big rig and a passenger vehicle.
- Rollovers: this type of accidents can occur due to speeding, negligent driving, or improperly loaded weight. Dangerous roadway conditions can also contribute to the production of these collisions.
- Lost Load: just as how there are regulations for the drivers of commercial trucks, there are regulations and certain procedures that must be followed when loading a cargo in a truck. One of the things to have in mind is making sure that the cargo is well balanced.
- Underride: this type of accident can occur with a rear end collision, the car crashes into the rear of the big rig and slides underneath it. These accidents can result from a truck with a faulty underride guard or that didn’t have one at all.
- Jackknife: this term refers to when a truck with two separate parts (a cab and a trailer) folds in on itself at the point of separation. The cab and trailer swivel forming a 90-degree angle “v” shape.
Common Causes of Big Rig Accidents
Some of the most common reasons for big rig collision include:
- Distracted driving: truck drivers like many others use their cell phones and other electronic devices while driving commercial vehicles even though it is banned at a federal level.
- Fatigued driving: because of this being a regular cause of collisions, there are federal Hours of service (HOS) regulations that dictate truck drivers have a maximum of eleven-hour limit per shift and are required to take a break of at least 30 minutes after eight hours of driving.
- Inexperienced drivers: Nevada requires drivers of semi-trucks or big rigs to obtain a commercial Driver’s license or CDL, nonetheless just because a driver has their CDL doesn’t mean they have the experience required to operate a large commercial truck.
- Driving under the influence: in some cases the collisions are consequences of truckers driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Dangerous road conditions: any loss of traction with the road can cause the weight of the truck to shift and the cab and trailer to slide.
- Negligent maintenance of the truck: whether it’s hydraulic failure, brake failure, etc, the slightest malfunction can cause a truck to lose control and sway back and forth.
- Defective truck parts
- Violation of FMCSA hours-of-service rules
- Mechanical failures
Sometimes the trucking company may play a part in the cause of the accident. This can happen when they hire drivers that do not have a commercial driver’s license.
Establishing Responsibility in Big Rig Accidents
Establishing responsibility in a big rig accident can be difficult. Sometimes there is more than one party responsible. Some of these are:
- Driver of the truck
- Employer of the driver: the company that employed the driver may be held liable in case of a big rig accident because they have a duty to ensure that their employees are qualified and that they have received proper training.
- Company that owns the truck: if a trucking company entrusted their vehicle to a driver without doing a background check of the driver, or if they failed to maintain the vehicle in proper conditions.
- Company that manufactured or loaded the truck: one common example of this is mechanical defects that the company failed to notice due to negligent care. If the loading company didn’t correctly balance the cargo, they could be held liable for the collision.
Most Common Injuries After Suffering a Collision with a Big Rig
Many of the injuries that result from a collision, especially from a collision with a big rig can be life changing because of the size of these trucks. Some examples of these are:
- Broken bones
- Nerve injuries
- Back injuries
- Soft tissue damage
- Traumatic head injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Organ damage
- Whiplash injuries
These types of injuries can result in great medical expense, lengthy healing time, long-term or permanent disability, and emotional distress. Any type of truck accident can cause catastrophic injuries due to the size and weight of big rigs. Commercial trucks are allowed to weigh 80,000 pounds on interstate highways.
Tips to Follow After a Big Rig Accident
There are certain steps that you can follow after an accident that will help you to protect your health and your claim.
- Call 911: if you’ve been involved in a collision with a truck, you should contact the police so they can send police officers to investigate the crash and medical personnel to the scene.
- Seek medical attention: as soon as possible you should obtain medical attention for your injuries, these can also help you later if you want to present a claim.
- Get contact information: try to get the contact information from the driver that caused the accident and any other witnesses of the accident.
- Gather evidence: take pictures of your injuries, and of the scene of the accident.
- Obtain legal advice.
Damages for Which You May Obtain Compensation
If you or a loved one have been victims of a big rig accident, you are entitled to receive compensation for your economic and non-economic damages such as:
- Medical expenses
- Lost past and future income
- Nursing care
- Reduced earning potential
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of consortium
Contact Our Experienced Lawyers for Big Rig Accident Injuries in Las Vegas
Our attorneys will work to gather the evidence necessary to strengthen your claim and prove your injuries from a big rig accident. Contact us today at Heidari Law Group for free, no-obligation case consultation. During this consultation we can determine the damages that you are owed, and we will work to ensure maximum compensation for your injuries. Our attorneys work on a contingency fee basis. This means that you do not have to pay a fee until we win a settlement or a judgment amount for you. Don’t let a big rig accident ruin your life. We are top-ranked personal injury attorneys that are serving people in Las Vegas.
Heidari Law Group Las Vegas Practice Areas
- Las Vegas Personal Injury Lawyers
- Las Vegas Assault and Battery Attorneys
- Las Vegas Slip and Fall Lawyers
- Las Vegas Spinal Cord Injury Attorneys
- Las Vegas Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyers
- Las Vegas Wrongful Death Attorneys
- Las Vegas Dog Bites Lawyers
- Las Vegas DUI & Drunk Driver Crashes Attorneys
- Las Vegas Workers’ Compensation Attorneys
- Las Vegas Persian Attorneys & Iranian Lawyers
- Las Vegas Car Accident Attorneys
- Las Vegas Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
- Las Vegas Bike Accident Attorneys
- Las Vegas Truck Accident Lawyers
- Las Vegas Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
- Las Vegas Bus Accident Lawyers
- Las Vegas Ride Share Accident Attorneys
- Las Vegas Uber & Lyft Accident Lawyers
- Las Vegas Accident Attorneys
- Airline and Plane Accidents
- ATV Accident Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Bicycle Accident Attorney
- Bicycle Accident Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Big Rig Accident Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Boating Accident Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Bus Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Car Accident Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Dog Bite Injury Lawyer in Las Vegas
- DUI and Drunk Driving Attorney in Las Vegas
- Freeway Accident Injury Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Helicopter Tour Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Limo and Shuttle Accident Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Loaner and Rental Car Accident Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Lyft and Uber Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Motorcycle Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Multi-Car Accident Attorney In Las Vegas
- Pedestrian Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- RV Accident Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Scooter Accident Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Slip and Fall Attorney in Las Vegas
- Taxi Cab Accident Attorneys
- Train & Monorail Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Transit Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Truck Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Uninsured and Underinsured Motorists Attorney in Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Personal Injury Attorney
- Animal Injury Attorneys in las Vegas
- Assault and Battery Attorneys in Las Vegas
- Broken Bone Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Burn Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Lawyers
- Catastrophic Injury Attorney
- Child Injury Attorneys
- Construction Accident & Injury Lawyers
- Crane Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Dangerous Prescriptions and Drugs Attorney in Las Vegas
- Dog Bite Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Elevator Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Fire & Explosions Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Golf Cart Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Head Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Horseback Riding Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Mass Gathering Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Nerve Damage Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Passenger Injury Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Seat Belt Injury Compensation Lawyers in Las Vegas
- Sexual Assault Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Slip and Fall Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Spinal Cord Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Sports Injury Lawyers In Las Vegas
- Swimming Pool Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Traumatic Brain Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Work-Related Injury Lawyers in Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Employment Law Attorneys
- Age Discrimination Attorneys Las Vegas
- Disability Discrimination Attorney Las Vegas
- Gender and Sex Discrimination Attorneys Las Vegas
- Pregnancy Discrimination Attorney Las Vegas
- Scaffolding Accident Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Wage & Hour Dispute Attorneys Las Vegas
- Whistleblower Retaliation Lawyers in Las Vegas
- Workers’ Compensation Attorney in Las Vegas
- Workplace Discrimination Attorneys Las Vegas
- Workplace Harassment Lawyers Las Vegas
- Workplace Retaliation Lawyer Las Vegas
- Wrongful Termination Attorneys in Las Vegas
- Top Rated Las Vegas Discrimination Lawyers
- Real Estate Lawyers in Las Vegas
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- AirBNB Injury Attorneys in Las Vegas
- Automatic Sliding Door Injury
Attorney in Las Vegas
- Concert and Live Event Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Factory Injury Lawyers in Las Vegas
- Garage Door Accident Injury Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Grocery Store Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Gym Accident Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Parking Lot Accident Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Restaurant Injury Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Theme Park Ride Injury Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Trampoline Park Injury Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Product Liability Attorney in Las Vegas
- Civil Rights Litigation Attorneys in Las Vegas
- Medical Malpractice Attorney in Las Vegas
- Wrongful Death Attorney in Las Vegas
- Data Privacy Attorneys in Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Negligent Security Lawyer
- Las Vegas Nursing Home Neglect Attorney
- Persian Attorneys & Iranian Lawyers in Las Vegas
Amazing Car Accident Lawyer
“Saman is by far true to his word. He truly was available at all times and always kept me updated. In the end, he settled my case with a great results. He didn’t treat me like a file, he treated me as if he was representing family. If you are looking for open, fast, thorough and a detailed lawyer, look no further. I will definitely recommend him to anyone seeking legal services who wants to feel assured that they are in the best hands.”
“I was injured in a car accident. The lawyer made sure that I went to my chiropractor sessions and that I get the medical attention needed. I also got MRI’s as needed and also got back injections as needed. He was very persistent on contacting me, even when I wasn’t reachable, and making sure that I got treated right and paid a good amount at the end. He is a very respectful person and great lawyer.”
An Extraordinary Experience
“Thank you for your unwavering commitment to my case. Words do not adequately describe my feelings, when no one seemed to care about an old vet with an injury you were there. I can remember as clearly as though it were yesterday, your sincerity and desire to help me. For that, I will always be grateful. Your endless commitment of time, financial resources and a personal concern for my physical well being surpassed anything I could have expected or imagined.”
24/7 Free Case Evaluation
Los Angeles Office3530 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 710 Los Angeles, CA 90010 Tel: 213-884-4881
Irvine Office17901 Von Karman Ave Suite 600 Irvine, CA 92614 Tel: 949-239-1020
Sacramento Office1215 K Street Sacramento, CA 95814 Tel: 916-461-1818
Bakersfield Office3501 Mall View Rd Suite 105 Bakersfield, CA 93306 Tel: 661-409-0000