Las Vegas Age Discrimination Attorneys
If someone has refused to hire you or promote you because of your age, you may have an age discrimination claim against that party. Contact our Las Vegas lawyers today for a free consultation.
If you have been discriminated against at work in Las Vegas because of your age, it is very important to speak to an experienced age discrimination attorney immediately. Our top-rated Las Vegas discrimination attorneys have decades of experience representing workplace employees who have been discriminated against because of their age. No employee should have to face any type of misconduct by their employer. If they do, they may be able to receive compensation for their injuries. To determine if you could potentially receive compensation, contact our experienced employment attorneys today.
Our Las Vegas attorneys provide a free no risk consultation to review your claim, and answer any questions you may have regarding your age discrimination claim. An age discrimination claim needs strong evidence, and requires several steps that a claimant meaning to fulfill. Our experienced attorneys are ready to help you with every step of the legal process. Call us today to speak to one of our Las Vegas attorneys.
What is Age Discrimination?
Age discrimination occurs when an employer mistreats employees simply because they are over the age of 40. Age discrimination is a claim that could only be filed by people over the age of 40 years old. If you are 40 years of age or older and have been discriminated against, contact our attorneys today. The Age Discrimination in Employment Act that was enacted in 1967 is a federal law that is designed to protect people from age discrimination at the workplace.
When does age discrimination occur?
There are Federal and Nevada age discrimination protections that protect employees that have been discriminated against throughout any point of their employment. This includes:
- Hiring an employee
- Firing an employee
- Promoting an employee
- Paying an employee
- Providing the employee benefits
How Do I Prove Age Discrimination in Las Vegas?
There are two ways in which you can prove age discrimination in Las Vegas. It is very important that you gather as much evidence as possible to show proof of the discrimination (link: Las Vegas racial discrimination) you have faced. Both the EEOC and the NERC require evidence of discrimination. Examples include:
- Treatment Theory: the plaintiff, or the person filing a claim against the at-fault party, needs to show the reason why their employer took adverse action against them. For example, instances of treatment theory include demoting the employee or firing the employees simply because of their age.
- Impact Theory: this involves more indirect evidence. You can use evidence of workplace practices to show an impact on just those employees who are older than 40 years of age. For example, an employer who neglects to invite the older employees to a meeting is an example of a disparate impact for age discrimination.
What Should I do if I’ve Been Discriminated Against Because of Age in Las Vegas?
There are several steps you could take if you have been discriminated against in Nevada.
- Gather evidence concerning the discriminatory incident. For example, if there were any witness co-workers that experienced the incident, make sure to get all their contact information, along with any emails or letters that you may have by your employer mentioning the discrimination.
- Contact your Human Resources department to report the age discrimination claim. It is very important that you specify names and details of exactly what occurred during the incident to an HR representative. It is also very important to contact and alert your Human Resources department. If you file an age discrimination case against your employer, you could assert that your employer was aware of the circumstances of age discrimination, yet failed to take any opportunities to address the problem.
- Contact an experienced top rated Las Vegas discrimination attorney to pursue your claims for you if the Human Resources department has not assisted you in any way regarding your age discrimination claim. Our attorneys are readily available 24/7 to take on your claim and answer any questions you may have.
- File a claim with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) or the Nevada Equal Rights Commission (NERC). Both these agencies deal with discrimination claims, and investigate and look into your claim to determine whether you could qualify for compensation.
Nevada Age Discrimination Laws
Under the Nevada Revised Statute 613.405, age discrimination is prohibited by employers. Nevada state laws go beyond the scope of what federal law protects, and states that age discrimination is prohibited:
- In job postings
- During internships and apprenticeship programs
- When providing employee benefits
- When advertising for employment
Who Could Be Held Responsible for Age Discrimination at the Workplace?
Age discrimination can take place by almost any employee at the workplace. This includes:
Who is Liable for a Workplace Age Discrimination Claim in Las Vegas?
At the end of the day, your employer will be held liable for the age discrimination that occurred in the workplace regardless of who ever party took the actions. For example, if a manager or co-worker is responsible for age discrimination, the employer could still be held liable. An employer can be held liable when they knew about the discriminatory incident, and failed to take any action or should have known about the incident.
If your employer is held liable for the age discrimination event that occurred at the workplace, they will most likely have to pay compensation for your injuries.
If you have been a victim of age discrimination, it is very important to hire a top rated age discrimination attorney immediately to have your claims represented.
Get in Touch With Experienced Las Vegas Age Discrimination Attorneys
Age discrimination claims can be a bit complex, especially because you need to have very strong evidence in your favor. Usually, an employer will use a non-discriminatory reason for the adverse conduct. For example, if an employer fired an employee, they would not blame the employee’s age, but rather their work ethic. It is very important that you gather as much evidence as possible. Our attorneys will investigate your claim, and determine how to best navigate through the legal process in your favor.
We work on a contingency fee basis, which means that you do not have to pay for our employment law attorneys unless we win compensation in your favorite. This means that we will not take any fees or payment upfront until we win a settlement or judgment in your favor.
Our attorneys believe that age is just a number, and no employee should have to be discriminated against because of their age. Age has no correlation to work ethic, and this should not be a reason for an employer to discriminate against their employees. Contact us today to have your rights represented and protected against your employer.
Heidari Law Group Sacramento Practice Areas
- Sacramento Personal Injury Attorneys
- Sacramento Assault and Battery Lawyers
- Sacramento Slip and Fall Attorneys
- Sacramento Spinal Cord Injury Lawyers
- Sacramento Traumatic Brain Injury Attorneys
- Sacramento Wrongful Death Lawyers
- Sacramento Dog Bite Attorneys
- Sacramento DUI & Drunk Driver Crash Lawyers
- Sacramento Workers' Compensation Attorneys
- Sacramento Persian Attorneys & Iranian Lawyers
- Sacramento Car Accident Attorneys
- Sacramento Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
- Sacramento Bike Accident Attorneys
- Sacramento Truck Accident Lawyers
- Sacramento Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
- Sacramento Bus Accident Lawyers
- Sacramento Ride Share Accident Attorneys
- Sacramento Uber & Lyft Accident Lawyers
- Sacramento Electric Scooter Accident Attorneys