Bus & Transit Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
Have you or a loved one been involved in a transit accident? Contact our attorneys for a free evaluation of your case today.
It is impossible to enumerate the problems that lead to a traffic accident. Excess traffic, congestion, risky maneuvers by drivers, as well as mechanical damage can lead to tragedies. Residents of metropolitan areas like Las Vegas are affected by incidents of this kind daily. According to official data from 2016, a third of its population travels or travels by bus. It is important to mention that most of its inhabitants travel by urban, tourist, or school buses.
Despite research showing that the bus is the safest mode of transportation, being in a traffic accident is a terrifying experience with dire consequences for all parties. Even more so when there are victims involved, the effects can be lifelong. Bus accidents often result in severe damage to vehicles and cause injuries to people. Their suffering is based on the physical and/or psychological consequences caused, often irreparable. In addition to financial losses, due to lack of income and ability to work. For all this, if you have been hurt or injured in a bus and traffic accident, seek professional legal help to file a claim that allows you to receive adequate compensation.
What are the Most Common Causes of Bus and Transit Accidents in Las Vegas?
In Las Vegas, many factors cause bus and traffic accidents. Among the most common for these types of accidents are:
- Speeding: this is the leading cause of most traffic accidents.
- Distracted driving: this slows a person’s reflexes, and the ability to react to avoid an accident.
- Tiredness or fatigue: an overtired driver can fall asleep and cause a collision.
- Alcohol consumption: impairs the senses in such a way that it interferes with the ability to maneuver a vehicle.
- Drug use: causes effects similar to those caused by alcohol consumption.
Other causes are:
- Not maintaining a prudent distance between vehicles
- Failing to respect the designated bus lane.
- Recklessness on the part of pedestrians, cyclists, motorcyclists, etc.
Types of Injuries Recognized in Bus and Transit Accident Claims in the State of Nevada
A wide variety of injuries qualify in the state of Nevada for bus and transit accident claims, including:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Nerve damage injuries
- Broken bone injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Internal bleeding
- Amputations or loss of limbs
- Injuries or lacerations, etc.
Many of these injuries can become permanent if the accident victim, whether inside or outside the vehicle in question, does not receive efficient, correct, and prompt first aid.
What Should be Done After Suffering a Bus and Transit Accident?
People who live in big cities know that: traffic can get heavy at any time, especially at rush hour, when there are a lot of people on the streets. Of course, this promotes accidents to happen, each of these being different. Therefore, one can only speak of general recommendations for the victims of these unfortunate incidents. If you or a relative of yours is involved in a bus and transit accident, we present the most advisable steps to follow:
- Call 911, so they can provide you with the medical help you need.
- Tell the bus driver or employee what happened, and ask for a detailed police report of the incident.
- Gather evidence at the accident site, such as photos or videos that support the damage, and talk to those present at the scene.
- Hire the services of a Las Vegas bus and transit accident attorney to get started with the corresponding legal actions.
Liability in a Bus and Transit Accident in Las Vegas, Nevada
In Las Vegas, Nevada, a bus accident claim usually holds the driver, administrator, or entity in charge of this transport vehicle responsible, when the accident occurs due to negligent behavior or actions, and they decide to deliberately ignore the actions questionably. All the above should already mention protecting the safety of users or passengers of this medium since any accident that may occur entails a legal commitment on your part. The guilty or responsible party, as well as the insurers, will try to distort the facts at their convenience, and minimize the damage caused, for this reason, it is essential to have adequate legal support so that their interests are safeguarded and recovery and compensation are achieved for all damages, both economic and non-economic, suffered by the victim.
How to Avoid Getting Injured in Bus and Transit Accidents
Avoiding injury or injury in bus and traffic accidents is relatively simple. Just follow the guidelines defined below and be aware of some attitudes that can put your well-being at risk, such as:
- Put your head or arm close to the bus window.
- Jump out of the moving vehicle.
- Approach the moving vehicle.
- Running up or down the bus stairs, etc.
- Do not use the seat belt.
When these actions are replaced by safer ones, such as: keeping parts of the body inside the vehicle, waiting for the vehicle to stop to get on or off, staying in passenger areas, and walking on the stairs, we are acting with caution and safety. These small recommendations contribute significantly to the prevention of accidents.
How Can an Attorney Help in a Bus and Transit Accident Claim?
In bus and transit accident claims, a lawyer can help throughout the process for your case, in several ways, among which are:
- Offering free legal advice
- Reporting the event to the insurers
- Establishing the person(s) responsible for the accident
- Conducting an on-site investigation for evidence collection
- Documenting all economic and non-economic losses
- Registering the medical expenses generated
- Granting legal representation in mediations or the courts
Contact an Experienced Bus and Transit Accident Attorney In Las Vegas
Traffic accidents can happen to anyone. These can cause minor or serious injuries, which can end up seriously compromising the device and the emotional health of its victims. Few know how to act after these happen, so you must have the proper support. Our law firm is made up of professionals specialized in personal injury claims in Las Vegas, who will find a way to resolve your issue most appropriately and beneficially for you. Working with contingency fees distinguishes us and allows our client not to have to make any advance payment, since he will only do so once his case has been resolved. Your well-being is paramount to us, if you would like free legal assistance to contact our team of expert bus and transit accident claim attorneys at Heidari Law Group today at 1-833-225-5454.
Heidari Law Group Las Vegas Practice Areas
Personal Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Assault and Battery Attorneys in Las Vegas
- Traumatic Brain Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Slip and Fall Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Spinal Cord Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Dog Bite Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Catastrophic Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Broken Bone Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Nerve Damage Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Head Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Burn Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Sexual Assault Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Child Injury Claims Attorney in Las Vegas
Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Car Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Lyft & Uber Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Taxi Cab Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Rideshare Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Motorcycle Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Trucking Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Airline & Plane Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Metro Bus Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- DUI and Drunk Driving Attorney in Las Vegas
- Slip & Fall Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Dog Bite Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Train Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Helicopter Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Bicycle Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Pedestrian Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Premises Liability Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Elevator Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Construction Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Golf Cart Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
Employment & Labor Law Attorneys in Las Vegas
- Wrongful Termination Attorney in Las Vegas
- Workplace Discrimination Attorney in Las Vegas
- Whistleblower Retaliation Attorney in Las Vegas
- Workplace Harassment Attorney in Las Vegas
- Wages & Hours Dispute Attorney in Las Vegas
- Workers’ Compensation Attorney in Las Vegas
- Age Discrimination Attorney in Las Vegas
- Disability Discrimination Attorney in Las Vegas
- Gender Discrimination Attorney in Las Vegas
- Pregnancy Discrimination Attorney in Las Vegas
Medical Malpractice Attorneys in Las Vegas
Vaccine Injury Compensation Court
- COVID-19 Vaccine Attorney in Las Vegas
- Flu Vaccine Attorney in Las Vegas
- HPV Vaccine Attorney in Las Vegas
Nursing Home Neglect & Elder Abuse
Product Liability Attorney in Las Vegas
Insurance Bad Faith Attorney in Las Vegas
Civil Rights Litigation Attorney in Las Vegas
Negligent Security Attorney in Las Vegas
HIPAA Violations Attorney in Las Vegas
Data Privacy Breach Attorney in Las Vegas