Las Vegas Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Were you or a loved one hit by a car in Las Vegas? Contact an experienced personal injury lawyer in Las Vegas at Heidari Law Group today for a free consultation.
Las Vegas Pedestrian Accident Frequently Asked Questions
How many accidents happen a day in Las Vegas?
According to the Nevada Department of Transportation, there are about 22,000 accidents in Las Vegas each year. This means that there may be about 60 accidents in Las Vegas a day. These accidents include a wide variety of accidents, including bike accidents, motorcycle accidents, truck accidents, car accidents, pedestrian accidents.
Where do pedestrians get hit the most in Las Vegas?
According to the Nevada Department of Transportation, the most common place that pedestrians get injured in Vegas is on the Las Vegas Strip. The main reason that accounts for this is because the strip is constantly crowded with tourists, including the different modes of transportation.
What is the most frequent cause of pedestrian accidents in Las Vegas?
According to the Nevada Department of Transportation, the main causes of pedestrian accidents in Las Vegas are:
- When cars fail to come to a stop
- When car driver is texting while driving
- Drunk drivers
- When drivers fail to yield to traffic laws
- Reckless driving
Is it safer to walk against traffic or with traffic in Las Vegas?
According to several research studies, it is safer for pedestrians to walk against traffic than walk with traffic. When pedestrians walk with traffic, they have their backs taste towards oncoming cars. They could get hit from the back.
Is Las Vegas pedestrian-friendly?
The Las Vegas Strip offers pedestrian-friendly sidewalks for tourists, however because of the length of the strip, many tourists are forced to drive from one side to the other because the strip is around 4.2 miles. That’s why rideshare cars are used more commonly than walking.
What should I do if I’m involved in a pedestrian accident in Las Vegas?
- Take Care of Yourself First: If you suffer through a pedestrian accident, seek medical help immediately. In extreme cases, call 911 without hesitation. An ambulance will take you to the hospital if you’re immobile, and a doctor will examine your injuries. It is also important that you contact police officers immediately to make sure that they record the entire accident, along with getting down any information of witnesses and parties involved.
- Seek medical care immediately. Pedestrian accidents could result in very severe injuries, especially if a pedestrian has been hit by a moving vehicle. Examples of potential injuries that are common in a pedestrian accident or traumatic brain injuries and broken bones. These injuries could leave someone permanently disabled. It is also important that you seek medical care so you have a record of what services you have received along with the medical bills you could potentially receive from the at fault party.
- Document Your Case: you should also take photos of the accident scene. Also, talk to witnesses at the scene who can back up your claims. Our top-rated Las Vegas pedestrian accident attorneys will always work to gather as much evidence as possible in your favor.
- Only Talk Your Attorney: Avoid discussing the details of the scene, as the opposing side can use anything you say against you. You should only talk to a pedestrian accident lawyer or an insurance company. Most importantly, obtain a police report to document the accident.
- Involve Your Insurance Company: Contact your insurance provider, and tell them about the incident. Many insurance companies cover auto-pedestrian accidents. From there, your insurance company will determine who was at fault.
- Contact a Lawyer: Contact a pedestrian accident lawyer in Las Vegas to convey your story. They can tell you what type of compensation you can receive based on your injuries. They will also fight against insurance companies that try to minimize your compensation.
When are pedestrians at the highest risk for accidents in Las Vegas?
There are specific times that the Nevada Department of Transportation advises pedestrians refrain from walking since it could be very dangerous, and could cause injuries. Pedestrian should beware of:
- Intersections, especially extremely crowded intersections at the Las Vegas Strip
- When there is no crosswalk for the pedestrians to pass
- Once it gets dark. It could be very difficult for a car to see oncoming pedestrians in the dark.
- If the pedestrian is on drugs or alcohol
Who is likely to be involved in a pedestrian accident?
According to the Nevada Strategic Highway Safety Plan, there are around 80 pedestrian deaths in Nevada per year. This does not include severe injuries that have been caused in accidents. Pedestrian accidents in Nevada increase around 10% every year. The groups most likely to be involved in a pedestrian accident include:
- Male pedestrians
- Male at fault drivers
- Pedestrians between the ages of 21 to 45 years of age
- Pedestrians who cross the street during the weekdays
- Accidents that occur afternoon
Who is liable for my pedestrian accident injuries in Las Vegas?
Depending on the circumstances of your injury, there are a variety of damages you could receive from the negligent party. Examples of compensation you could receive by being struck by a vehicle include:
- Medical bills
- Prescription medication
- Physical rehabilitation
- Treatment for scarring
- Past lost wages
- Future lost wages
- Psychological counseling
- Emotional distress
- Permanent disabilities
- Temporary disability
How can a Las Vegas pedestrian accident injury lawyer help you?
Our top-rated Las Vegas pedestrian accident injury attorneys have decades of experience, and have the ability to handle your pedestrian accident claim, even if there are multiple parties involved.
We stand out from other personal injury Las Vegas attorneys, and offer:
- Decades of experience, this includes settling and litigation
- Knowledge of Nevada pedestrian laws
- Strong negotiation skills to negotiate a settlement with the at-fault party and the insurance company
- Contingency-based fees. We know how difficult it would be to be involved in a pedestrian accident. The cash traffic injuries could result in very expensive medical treatment bills. That is why our Las Vegas personal injury attorneys offer a contingency fee agreement. This means that you do not have to pay any money out of pocket unless we win a settlement or judgment in your favor. This allows us to take on the risk of handling your claim, along with making sure that we dedicate ourselves to your claim and give you a piece of Mind knowing that we are working to resolve your case.
- Free no risk consultation. This consultation will allow us to answer any questions that you may have regarding your claim. We want to make sure that our clients are constantly informed regarding the updates of their case
Who is liable for my pedestrian accident?
There are a variety of defendants that could be held liable in a pedestrian accident in Las Vegas. These possible defendants include:
- Hotels and casinos who have failed to take safety measures to protect their pedestrians
- Car drivers
- Car manufacturers
- Truck drivers
- Train drivers
Las Vegas Pedestrian Accident Attorney Near Me
Although we are available 24/7 via phone and email, we also have an office conveniently located in Las Vegas, Clark County. We offer flexibility for our clients depending on how they want to meet and how they want to be accommodated. Contact us today.
Heidari Law Group Las Vegas Practice Areas
- Las Vegas Personal Injury Lawyers
- Las Vegas Assault and Battery Attorneys
- Las Vegas Slip and Fall Lawyers
- Las Vegas Spinal Cord Injury Attorneys
- Las Vegas Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyers
- Las Vegas Wrongful Death Attorneys
- Las Vegas Dog Bites Lawyers
- Las Vegas DUI & Drunk Driver Crashes Attorneys
- Las Vegas Workers' Compensation Attorneys
- Las Vegas Persian Attorneys & Iranian Lawyers