RV Accident Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
If you have been injured from an RV accident, contact our experts to obtain fair compensation for the damages you have suffered.
Recreational vehicles are quite common in Nevada, because of their size and weight RV’s can cause severe injuries in case of suffering an accident. According to the recreational vehicle industry association, RV sales increased by 36 percent from 2014 to 2018. While RVs provide a convenient way to travel, they pose a big risk of much more devastating accidents.
If you or a loved one have suffered injuries in a RV accident due to the negligence of other parties, contact today our lawyers specialized in RV accident injuries in Las Vegas for a free consultation of your case.
Causes of RV Accidents in Las Vegas
While there are a variety of causes and factors that can lead to an RV accident, some of the most common in Las Vegas include:
- Improper weight distribution, this represents one of the leading causes of RV accidents, when traveling uphill or downhill the weight imbalance can cause the RV to overturn or hit another vehicle or a pedestrian.
- Taking a curve too fast, because these drivers often do not have the experience of driving a vehicle of this size and can take curves or turns too fast and end up having an accident.
- Underestimating space needed to turn, an RV takes much more space than a common sedan when taking turns.
- Inability to see other vehicles, smaller vehicles sometimes can be in a blind spot and if the RV driver changes lanes without being aware of them, this can result in a catastrophic crash.
- Overload, RVs can only carry so much weight safely. RVs owners should make sure to check their manual to ensure what is the safe load limit for their RV.
- Miscalculating stopping distance.
Laws for RV Seat Belts
There are no RV seat belt laws unlike in regular vehicles, and many of these vehicles have a lap belt only/ lap-shoulder belts in the dinette and side seating areas but these seat belts provide almost no protection during a crash. That’s why there is a bigger risk of suffering and injury in case of one.
Injuries That Can Result from an RV Accident
Some of the most common injuries that can occur due to an RV accident are:
- Spinal cord injuries: this injury occurs when there’s damage to the cells and nerves that sends and receives signals from the brain to and from the rest of the body. The most common cause is direct injury to the spinal cord or damage to the tissue and bones that surround the spinal cord.
- Traumatic brain injuries: this represents the most common cause of disability and death in adults. This term describes a vast array of injuries that can occur to the brain. The damage can be focal or diffuse and the severity can range from a mild concussion to severe injury.
- Burns: these injuries can have a vast range of damage depending on the severity of the burn you can even need treatment from specialized burn centers and months long follow care.
- Loss of limbs
- Broken bones/ fractures: these injuries are quite common in RV’s accidents.
- Internal organ damage
RV accidents can cause more serious injuries because of:
- Lack of seatbelts used by or available to, all passengers in the vehicle.
- Absence of airbags in some of the RVs
- Increased force of the collision due to the size of RVs
Responsibility in RV Accidents
In RV accidents there might be more than one party responsible for your injuries and this can make a case a lot more complicated. Some of these include:
- The driver of the RV
- The owner of the RV
- The company that rented the RV
- The manufacturer of the RV
- The people who loaded the RV vehicle or trailer
- The people in charge of maintaining the RV
When an accident occurs, the responsible party or their respective representatives are going to try to make you settle for as little as possible and attempt to shift the blame for the accident onto you. This is why you need an experienced lawyer in injuries from RV’s accidents that can fight for your rights.
Steps to Follow After an RV Accident
There are certain steps that can help you keep going if you’ve been involved in a RV accident, some of these are:
- Seek medical attention as soon as possible even if you cannot see any of the injuries and are feeling ok, some injuries take more time to show symptoms and can create a sense of false security.
- If your injuries are not too severe, preferably wait for the police to report the accident.
- If you can take pictures of the scene and the bruises or other injuries you may have, if you can’t take pictures by yourself, ask someone to take the pictures for you.
- Try to get the contact information from possible witnesses and the driver, and ensure to get a copy of your own medical record when you go to the hospital.
- If you can write down all the details related to the accident
- Contact an attorney of Las Vegas for a free evaluation of your case.
Damages for Which You Can Obtain Compensation
There are several factors that can influence in the compensation for your injuries, some of these can be classified in two categories such as economic and non-economic damages, which include:
- Future and past medical bills: these include the costs for rehabilitation and long-term care if required.
- Loss of income: this will depend on the period it will take you to recover from your injuries, and how you may not be able to generate any money during this time.
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Emotional Distress: even though this can be harder to prove, you still qualify for compensation.
- Property damage: if any of your property was damaged during the accident you will be compensated for this.
- Loss of life’s pleasures: when your injuries left you unable to participate in your hobbies and other things that used to bring you joy after the accident.
Is There a Time Limit to Present a Claim for an RV Accident?
Yes, there is a period of two years for filing your claim, which is known as the statute of limitations, and it differs depending on the state, in the state of Nevada that’s the period for personal injuries. That is why it’s important that you speak to an attorney as soon as possible after suffering injuries from an RV accident.
Contact Our Experienced Lawyers in RV Accident Injuries
Our attorneys will work to gather the evidence necessary to strengthen your claim and prove your injuries from an RV accident. Contact us today at Heidari Law Group for free, no-obligation case consultation. During this consultation we can determine the damages that you are owed, and we will work to ensure maximum compensation for your injuries. Our attorneys work on a contingency fee basis. This means that you do not have to pay a fee until we win a settlement or a judgment amount for you. Don’t let your injuries from an RV accident ruin your life. We are top-ranked personal injury attorneys that are serving people in Las Vegas.
Heidari Law Group Las Vegas Practice Areas
Personal Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Assault and Battery Attorneys in Las Vegas
- Traumatic Brain Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Slip and Fall Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Spinal Cord Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Dog Bite Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Catastrophic Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Broken Bone Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Nerve Damage Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Head Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Burn Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Sexual Assault Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Child Injury Claims Attorney in Las Vegas
Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Car Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Lyft & Uber Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Taxi Cab Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Rideshare Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Motorcycle Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Trucking Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Airline & Plane Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Metro Bus Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- DUI and Drunk Driving Attorney in Las Vegas
- Slip & Fall Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Dog Bite Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Train Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Helicopter Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Bicycle Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Pedestrian Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Premises Liability Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Elevator Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Construction Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Golf Cart Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
Employment & Labor Law Attorneys in Las Vegas
- Wrongful Termination Attorney in Las Vegas
- Workplace Discrimination Attorney in Las Vegas
- Whistleblower Retaliation Attorney in Las Vegas
- Workplace Harassment Attorney in Las Vegas
- Wages & Hours Dispute Attorney in Las Vegas
- Workers’ Compensation Attorney in Las Vegas
- Age Discrimination Attorney in Las Vegas
- Disability Discrimination Attorney in Las Vegas
- Gender Discrimination Attorney in Las Vegas
- Pregnancy Discrimination Attorney in Las Vegas
Medical Malpractice Attorneys in Las Vegas
Vaccine Injury Compensation Court
- COVID-19 Vaccine Attorney in Las Vegas
- Flu Vaccine Attorney in Las Vegas
- HPV Vaccine Attorney in Las Vegas
Nursing Home Neglect & Elder Abuse
Product Liability Attorney in Las Vegas
Insurance Bad Faith Attorney in Las Vegas
Civil Rights Litigation Attorney in Las Vegas
Negligent Security Attorney in Las Vegas
HIPAA Violations Attorney in Las Vegas
Data Privacy Breach Attorney in Las Vegas