Dangerous Prescriptions and Drugs Attorney in Las Vegas
Injured by dangerous prescriptions and drugs in Las Vegas? Contact our personal injury attorney so we can help you.
Ride Share Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Trip and Fall Accident
Ride Share Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Trip and Fall Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Dangerous Prescriptions and Drugs Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
At the first symptom of pain, indisposition, or discomfort, the most common thing is that a person is prescribed or resorts to a medication, even if they do not have greater knowledge of the effects that it may have on their body. The consumption of dangerous drugs may not only not be effective on the symptoms that the person presents, but also some types, such as antibiotics and those for continuous use, should not be consumed, since a medication error could seriously threaten their health. Prescriptions or medical prescriptions must take into account all the minimum necessary factors related to the patient’s health for adequate care, thus ensuring that their consumption does not cause side effects. The omission of data and incomplete or incorrect information increases the risk of unleashing tragedies when acquiring any kind of medicine.
All medication available on the market must be duly approved by control agencies such as the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). One of the most common mistakes is not to prevent or alert other people about the acquisition and use of a certain class of potentially dangerous drugs. For more information and to obtain a list of drugs that have been withdrawn from the market for being considered harmful to health, you can consult the FDA website, www.fda.gov. If you or one of your family members has been the victim of a case involving a dangerous prescription or medication, immediately contact a lawyer who specializes in the matter. Due to their nature, these types of claims can be extremely complicated. If your intention is to receive compensation for damages, your best option is to hire a professional.
Types of Drugs That May be Considered Dangerous
Many people have the habit of consuming medicines without a prescription. Although common, this is an extremely problematic practice. After all, there are dangerous drugs that, if used without a professional’s recommendation, can cause a variety of side effects.
As tempting as it may be to get rid of discomfort with a visit to the pharmacy at the most, the ideal is always to visit your doctor. Here are 7 common types of medications and their side effects:
1. Antipyretic and analgesic
The main class of medicines used without a prescription, fever reducers, and pain relievers, can have serious consequences for your health. While the former can cause gastric bleeding, the latter causes liver damage, as well as the release of hepatotoxins, when used for a long time.
2. Muscle relaxant
The big problem with a muscle relaxant is the risk of addiction due to the sensations it provides. In addition to relieving muscle pain and sedation, the drug causes drowsiness, which places it in the class of dangerous drugs.
3. Nasal decongestant
There is a general warning from doctors regarding its use, which cannot exceed five days in a row. This is because continued use of the drug can lead to addiction.
The issue is that, when using this type of medication alone, diseases such as dermatophytosis and candidiasis can be difficult to cure. That is, something simple can end up becoming something very complicated.
5. Eye drops
Prescribed to ensure greater comfort for users, many people end up using it without a prescription and in higher than recommended amounts. What they do not know is that, when consumed exaggeratedly, eye drops can cause tear secretion, eye damage, and even glaucoma.
Headaches, a feeling of sedation, and thickening of the mucous membranes are just some of the symptoms caused by the medication. Therefore, its use should only be done under medical prescription.
Medication that kills specific bacteria without harming the body’s cells, its improper use can have serious health consequences. Excessive intake of the drug causes the bacteria present in the human body to become immune to the drug.
Dangerous Drugs Withdrawn from the Market by the FDA
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has suspended, banned, and cautiously intervened in some drugs. Among which are:
Nimesulide is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID), authorized in many countries for the treatment of acute pain, symptomatic treatment of painful osteoarthritis, and primary dysmenorrhea, however, the use of nimesulide can present toxic health risks, a constant concern for world health agencies.
Due to its mechanism of action, canagliflozin, by increasing urinary glucose excretion (UEG) induces an osmotic diuresis, which can reduce intravascular volume and lower blood pressure.
The active substance in Xarelto is rivaroxaban, which belongs to a group of medicines called antithrombotic agents, which prevent the formation of thrombi.
• Decongex Plus
The formulation consists of a fast-acting and anti-allergic nasal decongestant, which controls and reduces symptoms related to flu, colds, rhinitis, and sinusitis. It is contraindicated in cardiac patients (with heart problems), with severe arterial hypertension, cardiac arrhythmias, and/or with other circulatory disorders.
The most common adverse events are dry mouth, constipation, and insomnia. Headache, nervousness, palpitations, nausea, dizziness, increased blood pressure, and excessive sweating may also occur.
• Cerivastatin (Baycol)
It was withdrawn from the market for causing rhabdomyolysis, which is the destruction of muscle fibers, which leads to the release of components present inside muscle cells into the bloodstream, causing symptoms such as lack of strength, muscle fatigue, decreased urine, or dark urine.
• Pemoline (Cylert)
Clinical experience suggests that, in psychotic children, pemoline administration may exacerbate symptoms of thought and behavior disorders.
• Isotretinoin (Accutane)
The use of isotretinoin can have effects on mental health, such as the risk of depression and even suicide.
• Ranitidine (Zantac), among others.
Who is Liable for a Prescription or Drugs Claim?
The responsibility for a harmful prescription falls on the medical professional who at the time of prescribing it was negligent. In the case of medicine, those responsible can be the pharmacist who oversaw its preparation, the establishments (pharmacies, supermarkets, etc.) that were in charge of its distribution, and of course, the doctor who recommended it. These types of claims are quite complex since the side effects do not usually appear immediately and can even manifest in a very subtle way at first. For all this, it is recommended to have the expertise of a lawyer specialized in the subject, who can help you present your claim in such a way that your compensation is not compromised.
How Can an Attorney Help?
A dangerous prescription and drug claims attorney can help you or a victim’s family member by:
- Grant free counseling to the relative(s) for their case.
- Establish communication channels with insurers
- Identify the person(s) responsible for the damage
- Investigate the consequences of the drug on the victim.
- Document all financial losses
- Keep a detailed record of expenses
- Represent the interests of the injured party in mediations or the courts
Contact an Experienced Prescriptions or Drugs Attorney In Las Vegas
Many medications prescribed by doctors can end up causing a lot of harm to people. Medical negligence when prescribing medication is a very dangerous area that can lead to severe consequences for its victims. Our firm is made up of professionals specialized in personal injury claims in Las Vegas, who actively participate in providing a quality service, through a committed legal profession, which aims to serve the interests of its clients, whose satisfaction is the great reward. Working on a contingency fee basis allows us to provide our services without upfront payment, which means you only have to pay once repairs or compensation for your case has been obtained. Defending your interests is our commitment. If you need free legal assistance, contact our team of expert lawyers in claims for prescription and dangerous drugs at Heidari Law Group today by calling 1-833-225-5454.
Heidari Law Group Las Vegas Practice Areas
- Las Vegas Personal Injury Lawyers
- Las Vegas Assault and Battery Attorneys
- Las Vegas Slip and Fall Lawyers
- Las Vegas Spinal Cord Injury Attorneys
- Las Vegas Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyers
- Las Vegas Wrongful Death Attorneys
- Las Vegas Dog Bites Lawyers
- Las Vegas DUI & Drunk Driver Crashes Attorneys
- Las Vegas Workers’ Compensation Attorneys
- Las Vegas Persian Attorneys & Iranian Lawyers
- Las Vegas Car Accident Attorneys
- Las Vegas Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
- Las Vegas Bike Accident Attorneys
- Las Vegas Truck Accident Lawyers
- Las Vegas Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
- Las Vegas Bus Accident Lawyers
- Las Vegas Ride Share Accident Attorneys
- Las Vegas Uber & Lyft Accident Lawyers
- Personal Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Assault and Battery Attorneys in Las Vegas
- Traumatic Brain Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Slip and Fall Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Spinal Cord Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Dog Bite Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Catastrophic Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Broken Bone Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Nerve Damage Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Head Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Burn Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Sexual Assault Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Lawyers
- Las Vegas Child Injury Attorneys
- Las Vegas Accident Attorneys
- Car Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Lyft and Uber Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Taxi Cab Accident Attorneys
- Rideshare Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Motorcycle Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Truck Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Airline and Plane Accidents
- Bus Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Las Vegas DUI and Drunk Driving Attorney
- Slip and Fall Attorney in Las Vegas
- Dog Bite Injury Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Train & Monorail Accident
- Helicopter Tour Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Bicycle Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Bicycle Accident Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Pedestrian Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Premises Liability Attorneys
- Elevator Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Construction Accident Lawyers in Las Vegas
- Golf Cart Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Wrongful Death Attorney in Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Employment Law Attorneys
- Las Vegas Wrongful Termination Attorneys
- Las Vegas Workplace Discrimination Attorneys
- Las Vegas Workplace Retaliation Lawyer
- Las Vegas Workplace Harassment Lawyers
- Las Vegas Wage & Hour Dispute Attorneys
- Workers’ Compensation Attorney in Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Age Discrimination Attorneys
- Las Vegas Disability Discrimination Attorney
- Las Vegas Gender and Sex Discrimination Attorneys
- Las Vegas Pregnancy Discrimination Attorney
- Medical Malpractice Attorney in Las Vegas
- ATV Accident Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Big Rig Accident Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Garage Door Accident Injury Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Boating Accident Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Fire & Explosions Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Gym Accident Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Horseback Riding Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Dangerous Prescriptions and Drugs Attorney in Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Whistleblower Retaliation Lawyers
- Grocery Store Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Freeway Accident Injury Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Bus & Transit Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Automatic Sliding Door Injury
Attorney in Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Nursing Home Neglect Attorney
- Civil Rights Litigation Attorneys in Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Negligent Security Lawyer
- Persian Attorneys & Iranian Lawyers in Las Vegas
- Limo and Shuttle Accident Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Loaner and Rental Car Accident Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Mass Gathering Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Concert and Live Event Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Parking Lot Accident Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Restaurant Injury Lawyer in Las Vegas
- RV Accident Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Scaffolding Accident Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Scooter Accident Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Swimming Pool Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Theme Park Ride Injury Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Top Rated Las Vegas Discrimination Lawyers
- Trampoline Park Injury Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Uninsured and Underinsured Motorists Attorney in Las Vegas
- Passenger Injury Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Multi-Car Accident Attorney In Las Vegas
- Property Damage Lawyers in Las Vegas
- Real Estate Lawyers in Las Vegas
- Work-Related Injury Lawyers in Las Vegas
- Sports Injury Lawyers In Las Vegas
- Seat Belt Injury Compensation Lawyers in Las Vegas
- Ladder Injury Lawyers in Las Vegas
- Factory Injury Lawyers in Las Vegas
- Animal Injury Attorneys in las Vegas
- AirBNB Injury Attorneys in Las Vegas
- Wrongful Death Fire Attorneys in Las Vegas
- Crane Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Data Privacy Attorneys in Las Vegas
Amazing Car Accident Lawyer
“Saman is by far true to his word. He truly was available at all times and always kept me updated. In the end, he settled my case with a great results. He didn’t treat me like a file, he treated me as if he was representing family. If you are looking for open, fast, thorough and a detailed lawyer, look no further. I will definitely recommend him to anyone seeking legal services who wants to feel assured that they are in the best hands.”
“I was injured in a car accident. The lawyer made sure that I went to my chiropractor sessions and that I get the medical attention needed. I also got MRI’s as needed and also got back injections as needed. He was very persistent on contacting me, even when I wasn’t reachable, and making sure that I got treated right and paid a good amount at the end. He is a very respectful person and great lawyer.”
An Extraordinary Experience
“Thank you for your unwavering commitment to my case. Words do not adequately describe my feelings, when no one seemed to care about an old vet with an injury you were there. I can remember as clearly as though it were yesterday, your sincerity and desire to help me. For that, I will always be grateful. Your endless commitment of time, financial resources and a personal concern for my physical well being surpassed anything I could have expected or imagined.”
24/7 Free Case Evaluation
NO FEE UNLESS WE WIN
Los Angeles Office3530 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 710 Los Angeles, CA 90010 Tel: 213-884-4881
Irvine Office17901 Von Karman Ave Suite 600 Irvine, CA 92614 Tel: 949-239-1020
Sacramento Office1215 K Street Sacramento, CA 95814 Tel: 916-461-1818
Las Vegas Office611 South 6th Street Las Vegas, NV 89101 Tel: 702-722-1500