Las Vegas Seat Belt Injury Compensation Lawyers
Seat belts are designed to protect people, but they can also contribute to significant injuries. Have you or a loved one been injured by a seat belt? You may be entitled to recover compensation. Contact us today at Heidari Law Group Las Vegas for a free case consultation.
Ride Share Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Trip and Fall Accident
Ride Share Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Trip and Fall Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Seat belts are recommended, although there are serious injuries related to their use since in some cases the lack of a seat belt implies a greater risk of death. The seat belt does not change the total force received by the occupant in a car accident. However, distributes it in less vulnerable places in the pelvic area and, in the case of the three points, in the thorax, the sternum, and the clavicle. Additionally, it prevents the occupant from being ejected from the vehicle in the event of a collision, making it more effective compared to not wearing a seat belt in car rollover accidents. Although it should be clear that its use does not reduce the risk of suffering an injury, it does reduce the number of serious and fatal injuries.
Also, even though seat belts have been shown to reduce mortality in car accidents, the so-called seat belt syndrome has been described since 1962. Many studies reported injuries caused using seat belts, mostly related to the use of the pelvic type, but there are also reports of the use of the three-point belt. Some of the most common types of seat belt injuries are attributed to incorrect use of the device, which should be placed under the anterior superior iliac spines on each side and diagonally across the chest, crossing the middle third of the clavicle. Due to the consequences that these can cause in the body of the victims, the search for fair compensation is necessary. Therefore, it is recommended to consult with a Las Vegas seat belt injury compensation lawyer.
HOW DO THE SEAT BELTS WORK?
When a vehicle traveling at 50 km/h collides with a solid barrier, the barrier creates a force that reduces the vehicle’s speed to zero. Unlike the vehicle, the people and objects inside the vehicle do not directly hit the barrier, so they continue to move at 50 km/h until something stops the force to bring their speed to zero.
For unbelted vehicle occupants, this drastic reduction in speed can cause an impact on the vehicle’s instrument panel, steering wheel, windshield, or, in the event of a physical ejection, the ground or an object outside the vehicle. Just as the vehicle sustains damage when colliding with a barrier, so does the human body, which suffers blunt force trauma when colliding with a high-speed object. These injuries can be very serious or fatal.
Although seat belts continue to be the most effective safety measure to reduce serious and fatal injuries in the event of a collision, they are not exempt from being the cause of these injuries on certain occasions.
WHAT ARE THE MOST COMMON CAUSES OF SEAT BELT INJURIES IN LAS VEGAS?
Like any other type of device, seat belts are also subject to failure or damage. These can originate from factory defects or damage suffered due to its misuse, which will prevent it from fulfilling its main task of protecting the lives of the drivers and passengers of a vehicle. Among the most common causes of seat belt injuries, we have:
- The seat belt disengages by itself during an accident or collision.
- The belt is not fastened correctly.
- The belt jams because its retractor is worn, which can cause it to come loose during an accident.
- Seat belt design or factory problems, such as a mismatched buckle.
- Material or fabric of the belt is in a deplorable state, being able to suffer a total rupture or tears.
- Lack of seat belt maintenance.
TYPES OF INJURIES RECOGNIZED IN SEAT BELT INJURY CLAIMS IN THE STATE OF NEVADA
We will now address some of the most common types of injuries caused by the seat belt and recognized in claims in Nevada, many of which are attributed to mechanical failures by the vehicle manufacturer and of course to the incorrect use of the device, which can cause a lot of damage to the integrity of drivers and passengers of the vehicle.
- Traumatic brain injuries, such as Diffuse axonal injury (DAI)
- Concussion and contusion
- Broken bone injuries
- Nerve damage injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Chest injuries
- Abdominal injuries
- Loss of limbs or amputations
- Burns or lacerations, among others.
WHAT SHOULD BE DONE AFTER A SEAT BELT INJURY?
Being in a car accident and being injured while wearing a seat belt can be a scary experience, so stay calm and follow these recommendations:
- Seek medical attention
When you are the victim of an accident and are physically injured, the first thing you should do is call 911.
- Make an official report
An official report must be issued to the authorities such as the police or fire department where the event is specified in detail.
- Conduct research and gather information
It is essential to carry out a primary investigation, where evidence is collected in the form of photographs, videos, or testimonials from those present at the time the injury occurred.
- Go in search of professional support
Contact a seat belt injury claim attorney to ensure you get the best possible advice for your case.
STATUTE OF LIMITATIONS ON SEAT BELT INJURIES IN LAS VEGAS, NEVADA
In every legal claim, there is a deadline for it to be received, this period is the so-called statute of limitations. In the state of Las Vegas, Nevada, the statute of limitations for all personal injuries, including seat belt injuries, is two years from the date the injury occurred. To achieve better compensation in claims of this type, you must proceed immediately. A personal injury lawyer in Las Vegas, Nevada, can advise you throughout the development of your process so that it is presented without any inconvenience.
WHAT DAMAGES CAN YOU RECOVER IN A SEAT BELT INJURY CLAIM?
In seat belt injury cases, a person can and is entitled to recover all financial losses suffered from the injury, in addition to receiving compensation for all pain and emotional repercussions to their health.
Damages to obtain in compensation:
- Medical expenses, bills for treatments, surgeries, and medications.
- Physical rehabilitation expenses.
- Lost wages due to inability to work.
- Loss of future income.
- Pain and physical suffering.
- Emotional and psychological stress.
- Loss of quality of life.
HOW CAN A SEAT BELT INJURY COMPENSATION LAWYER HELP?
Hiring a lawyer is an important decision and can bring many benefits for compensation in a seat belt injury claim:
- Provide legal advice in a specific area.
- Report the incident to the insurance companies and try to reach a settlement.
- Determine who is responsible for causing the injury.
- Review all evidence and collect testimony.
- Record economic losses and value emotional losses.
- If you need to appear in court, a lawyer can represent you and defend your interests in a professional manner.
CONTACT A LAS VEGAS SEAT BELT INJURY COMPENSATION LAWYER
The chances of being involved in an accident and injuring yourself while wearing a vehicle seat belt seem almost non-existent, but it can happen. Injuries are scary, but with enough preparation, anyone can make the best of a bad situation or prevent it from getting worse. Our law firm is comprised of professionals specializing in Las Vegas personal injury claims who possess the skills to settle a case. We incorporate contingency rates, the same ones that facilitate the payment of our fees until the end of the claim action. Your well-being and satisfaction are important to us, contact our team of experienced seat belt compensation lawyers at Heidari Law Group today at 1-833-225-5454.
Las Vegas Practice Areas
- Las Vegas Personal Injury Lawyers
- Las Vegas Assault and Battery Attorneys
- Las Vegas Slip and Fall Lawyers
- Las Vegas Spinal Cord Injury Attorneys
- Las Vegas Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyers
- Las Vegas Wrongful Death Attorneys
- Las Vegas Dog Bites Lawyers
- Las Vegas DUI & Drunk Driver Crashes Attorneys
- Las Vegas Workers’ Compensation Attorneys
- Las Vegas Persian Attorneys & Iranian Lawyers
- Las Vegas Car Accident Attorneys
- Las Vegas Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
- Las Vegas Bike Accident Attorneys
- Las Vegas Truck Accident Lawyers
- Las Vegas Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
- Las Vegas Bus Accident Lawyers
- Las Vegas Ride Share Accident Attorneys
- Las Vegas Uber & Lyft Accident Lawyers
- Las Vegas Accident Attorneys
- Airline and Plane Accidents
- ATV Accident Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Bicycle Accident Attorney
- Bicycle Accident Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Big Rig Accident Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Boating Accident Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Bus Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Car Accident Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Dog Bite Injury Lawyer in Las Vegas
- DUI and Drunk Driving Attorney in Las Vegas
- Freeway Accident Injury Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Helicopter Tour Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Limo and Shuttle Accident Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Loaner and Rental Car Accident Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Lyft and Uber Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Motorcycle Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Multi-Car Accident Attorney In Las Vegas
- Pedestrian Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- RV Accident Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Scooter Accident Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Slip and Fall Attorney in Las Vegas
- Taxi Cab Accident Attorneys
- Train & Monorail Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Transit Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Truck Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Uninsured and Underinsured Motorists Attorney in Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Personal Injury Attorney
- Animal Injury Attorneys in las Vegas
- Assault and Battery Attorneys in Las Vegas
- Broken Bone Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Burn Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Lawyers
- Catastrophic Injury Attorney
- Child Injury Attorneys
- Construction Accident & Injury Lawyers
- Crane Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Dangerous Prescriptions and Drugs Attorney in Las Vegas
- Dog Bite Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Elevator Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Fire & Explosions Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Golf Cart Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Head Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Horseback Riding Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Mass Gathering Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Nerve Damage Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Passenger Injury Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Seat Belt Injury Compensation Lawyers in Las Vegas
- Sexual Assault Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Slip and Fall Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Spinal Cord Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Sports Injury Lawyers In Las Vegas
- Swimming Pool Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Traumatic Brain Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Work-Related Injury Lawyers in Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Employment Law Attorneys
- Age Discrimination Attorneys Las Vegas
- Disability Discrimination Attorney Las Vegas
- Gender and Sex Discrimination Attorneys Las Vegas
- Pregnancy Discrimination Attorney Las Vegas
- Scaffolding Accident Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Wage & Hour Dispute Attorneys Las Vegas
- Whistleblower Retaliation Lawyers in Las Vegas
- Workers’ Compensation Attorney in Las Vegas
- Workplace Discrimination Attorneys Las Vegas
- Workplace Harassment Lawyers Las Vegas
- Workplace Retaliation Lawyer Las Vegas
- Wrongful Termination Attorneys in Las Vegas
- Top Rated Las Vegas Racial Discrimination Lawyers
- Real Estate Lawyers in Las Vegas
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- AirBNB Injury Attorneys in Las Vegas
- Automatic Sliding Door Injury
Attorney in Las Vegas
- Concert and Live Event Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Factory Injury Lawyers in Las Vegas
- Garage Door Accident Injury Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Grocery Store Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Gym Accident Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Parking Lot Accident Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Restaurant Injury Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Theme Park Ride Injury Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Trampoline Park Injury Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Product Liability Attorney in Las Vegas
- Civil Rights Litigation Attorneys in Las Vegas
- Medical Malpractice Attorney in Las Vegas
- Wrongful Death Attorney in Las Vegas
- Data Privacy Attorneys in Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Negligent Security Lawyer
- Las Vegas Nursing Home Neglect Attorney
- Persian Attorneys & Iranian Lawyers in Las Vegas
Amazing Car Accident Lawyer
“Saman is by far true to his word. He truly was available at all times and always kept me updated. In the end, he settled my case with a great results. He didn’t treat me like a file, he treated me as if he was representing family. If you are looking for open, fast, thorough and a detailed lawyer, look no further. I will definitely recommend him to anyone seeking legal services who wants to feel assured that they are in the best hands.”
“I was injured in a car accident. The lawyer made sure that I went to my chiropractor sessions and that I get the medical attention needed. I also got MRI’s as needed and also got back injections as needed. He was very persistent on contacting me, even when I wasn’t reachable, and making sure that I got treated right and paid a good amount at the end. He is a very respectful person and great lawyer.”
An Extraordinary Experience
“Thank you for your unwavering commitment to my case. Words do not adequately describe my feelings, when no one seemed to care about an old vet with an injury you were there. I can remember as clearly as though it were yesterday, your sincerity and desire to help me. For that, I will always be grateful. Your endless commitment of time, financial resources and a personal concern for my physical well being surpassed anything I could have expected or imagined.”
- A Guide to Dog Bite Laws in California and the US
- Is It Legal To Kill A Dog If It Attacks Me
- Can You Sue a School if Your Child Gets Injured?
- What is a Subpoena?
- What is a Deposition?
- I Was Injured At Work – What Are My Rights
- Can Semi Trucks Drive in the Left Lane?
- Nursing Home Malnutrition and Dehydration
24/7 Free Case Evaluation
Los Angeles Office3530 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 710 Los Angeles, CA 90010 Tel: 213-884-4881
Irvine Office17875 Von Karman Ave. Suite 150 & 250 Irvine, CA 92614 Tel: 949-239-1020
Sacramento Office180 Promenade Cir Ste 300 Sacramento, CA 95834 Tel: 916-461-1818
Bakersfield Office3501 Mall View Rd Suite 105 Bakersfield, CA 93306 Tel: 661-409-0000