Las Vegas Birth Injury Attorneys
Contact our top-rated Las Vegas birth injury attorneys if you have suffered injury during the process of childbirth.
Ride Share Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Trip and Fall Accident
Ride Share Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Trip and Fall Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Despite being a practice where rigorous measures are taken to protect the life of the mother as well as that of the baby, childbirth continues to present high-risk situations. The baby is undoubtedly the most vulnerable subject during birth, and it can suffer internal or external injuries known as birth trauma or perinatal injuries. Spontaneous lacerations occur according to the conditions of the body itself and may or may not occur. Perinatal trauma, for its part, is any injury that occurs at birth, and can be a natural trauma (laceration) or provoked (episiotomy). When we talk about delivery care, we must bear in mind that preventing any incident is directly related to appropriate medical practices. Detecting any anomaly in time is essential to ensure the well-being of both the mother and the baby during the progression of labor.
Studies have even shown that malpractice during birth can be linked to third and fourth-degree lacerations. Very rapid deliveries, as well as the adoption of the gynecological position, tend to favor trauma or severe perinatal injuries. Incorrect anatomical positions or medical negligence cause the baby a series of future health problems with long-term repercussions. Birth injuries are usually serious, for this reason, if your child has been harmed during childbirth, it is essential to contact a specialist Las Vegas lawyer to be compensated for all present and future damages.
WHAT ARE THE MOST COMMON CAUSES OF BIRTH INJURIES IN LAS VEGAS?
Even with today’s advances in science and technology, births or deliveries are still risky events, where medical negligence can occur. Many injuries can originate from childbirth problems, and the reasons can be very varied.
The following are the most common causes that can lead to birth injuries:
- The baby is born prematurely,
- The baby is bigger than normal,
- Abnormalities of the umbilical cord,
- Excessive use of force during delivery,
- Very difficult or prolonged labor,
- Delay when carrying out the delivery by cesarean section,
- Acute fetal distress,
- Neonatal asphyxia,
- Infection or sepsis,
- Neglect congenital uterine malformations,
- Head injury during childbirth,
- Incorrect administration of a dose of medication,
- Carelessness in checking the normal heart rate of the baby and the mother,
- Improper use of the vacuum extractor or forceps, etc.
TYPES OF INJURIES RECOGNIZED IN BIRTH INJURY CLAIMS IN THE STATE OF NEVADA
In a birth injury claim, the state of Nevada recognizes injuries caused by medical negligence or oversight during labor. Which can be:
- Traumatic brain injuries. They cause severe brain damage in the newborn, something like a jolt or violent impact can cause blood clots.
- Cerebral palsy. Cerebral palsy results from brain damage in the first months or years of life, with serious repercussions and disabilities for the rest of the infant’s life.
- Hypoxic ischemic encephalopathy of the newborn. Central nervous system dysfunction syndrome harms neonates of 35 or more weeks of gestation.
- Spinal cord injuries. Surgical complications during a cesarean section can permanently damage the newborn’s spinal cord.
- Nerve damage injuries. During the final stage of labor, injury to the facial nerve may occur as a result of excessive pressure on the baby’s face.
- Broken Bone Injuries. When there are problems in delivering the baby or inappropriate equipment is used, it is common for the baby’s clavicle or other bones to break.
- Injuries or lacerations, among others. Multiple causes can occur during the application of a dose of medication or because of imprudent actions with surgical equipment during childbirth.
WHAT SHOULD BE DONE TO PREVENT BIRTH INJURIES?
Although childbirth is a routine in hospitals and maternity wards, each woman must receive differentiated care, since the vision of what childbirth is and how it is lived is unique, therefore, the care and comfort must be provided with the uniqueness of each mother and baby in mind. Medical personnel have a responsibility to watch for any signs of a possible complication to prevent a birth injury.
For this reason, it is recommended to carry out evaluations throughout the pregnancy and before labor, since only in this way can the gynecologist and obstetrician be aware of any anomaly and treat it in time. Failure to do so can be considered medical negligence, and lead to severe legal problems.
It is recommended to do the following:
- Set up a birthing place with all the necessary equipment in case of an emergency and notify the husband/companion or some other family member.
- Analyze risk factors before delivery and ensure quality obstetric care so that the mother feels safe.
- Monitor the physical and emotional state of the mother and the baby throughout the labor, and of course once it has finished.
LIABILITY IN A BIRTH INJURY IN LAS VEGAS
In Nevada, the responsibility in a birth injury claim rests with medical personnel (doctors, obstetricians, nurses, etc.,). In turn, these types of cases where there are medical malpractices can also be directed to health institutions such as hospitals, clinics, and pharmaceutical companies, among others, since they are responsible for the personnel who work within their facilities whose negligence caused an injury and even a possible death of the newborn.
WHAT DAMAGES CAN I RECOVER IN A BIRTH INJURY CLAIM?
The future repercussions of a birth injury are extremely complex for both the baby and its parents, for this reason, it is essential to have the support of a lawyer specializing in the subject so that in this way the child’s parents can receive compensation for all the damages (material and moral) that a case of this magnitude implies.
Main Economic Damages:
- Medical expenses, check-ups, tests, treatments, and surgeries must be included.
- Expenses for medical rehabilitation
- Wrongful death damages
- Wage losses due to inability to perform their duties.
Main Moral Damages:
- Physical pain and suffering
- Emotional stress and psychological trauma
- Loss of your quality of life
STATUTE OF LIMITATIONS FOR BIRTH INJURIES IN LAS VEGAS, NEVADA
The state of Nevada establishes in its statute of limitations for birth injuries caused by medical negligence three years from the date the negligent act that gave rise to the injury occurred, or one year from the date that the minor’s injury is discovered so that the parents can initiate the respective legal proceedings. While, for a minor, a time of up to 8 years is granted to present the claim. If the claim is addressed to public entities, the period may be significantly reduced by law. If a wrongful death occurs, the personal injury statute applies, which grants two years from the date of death to file a claim.
HOW CAN AN EXPERIENCED ATTORNEY HELP IN A BIRTH INJURY CLAIM?
An experienced birth injury claim attorney can assist you in the following ways:
- Offering free legal assistance
- Dialogue with insurance companies
- Determining the responsible physician(s)
- Examining possible evidence
- Keeping track of economic and non-economic losses
- Documenting all medical expenses
- Acting as a legal representative in mediations or the court
CONTACT A LAS VEGAS BIRTH INJURY ATTORNEY
If you are looking for free advice and need to discuss your case with one of our legal advisors, call Heidari Law Group today at 1-833-225-5454. A birth injury can forever change the life of a newborn and its parents. The financial losses can be heavy and the emotional toll overwhelming. But you don’t have to experience this harsh situation alone. Our team of professionals specializing in personal injury claims in the US will offer you all the support you need in these moments. The contingency fee system gives you the freedom to cancel only after your case has been resolved. Contact an experienced Las Vegas medical malpractice attorney today.
Las Vegas Practice Areas
- Las Vegas Personal Injury Lawyers
- Las Vegas Assault and Battery Attorneys
- Las Vegas Slip and Fall Lawyers
- Las Vegas Spinal Cord Injury Attorneys
- Las Vegas Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyers
- Las Vegas Wrongful Death Attorneys
- Las Vegas Dog Bites Lawyers
- Las Vegas DUI & Drunk Driver Crashes Attorneys
- Las Vegas Workers’ Compensation Attorneys
- Las Vegas Persian Attorneys & Iranian Lawyers
- Las Vegas Car Accident Attorneys
- Las Vegas Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
- Las Vegas Bike Accident Attorneys
- Las Vegas Truck Accident Lawyers
- Las Vegas Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
- Las Vegas Bus Accident Lawyers
- Las Vegas Ride Share Accident Attorneys
- Las Vegas Uber & Lyft Accident Lawyers
- Las Vegas Accident Attorneys
- Airline and Plane Accidents
- ATV Accident Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Bicycle Accident Attorney
- Bicycle Accident Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Big Rig Accident Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Boating Accident Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Bus Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Car Accident Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Dog Bite Injury Lawyer in Las Vegas
- DUI and Drunk Driving Attorney in Las Vegas
- Freeway Accident Injury Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Helicopter Tour Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Limo and Shuttle Accident Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Loaner and Rental Car Accident Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Lyft and Uber Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Motorcycle Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Multi-Car Accident Attorney In Las Vegas
- Pedestrian Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- RV Accident Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Scooter Accident Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Slip and Fall Attorney in Las Vegas
- Taxi Cab Accident Attorneys
- Train & Monorail Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Transit Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Truck Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Uninsured and Underinsured Motorists Attorney in Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Personal Injury Attorney
- Animal Injury Attorneys in las Vegas
- Assault and Battery Attorneys in Las Vegas
- Broken Bone Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Burn Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Lawyers
- Catastrophic Injury Attorney
- Child Injury Attorneys
- Construction Accident & Injury Lawyers
- Crane Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Dangerous Prescriptions and Drugs Attorney in Las Vegas
- Dog Bite Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Elevator Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Fire & Explosions Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Golf Cart Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Head Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Horseback Riding Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Mass Gathering Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Nerve Damage Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Passenger Injury Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Seat Belt Injury Compensation Lawyers in Las Vegas
- Sexual Assault Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Slip and Fall Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Spinal Cord Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Sports Injury Lawyers In Las Vegas
- Swimming Pool Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Traumatic Brain Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Work-Related Injury Lawyers in Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Employment Law Attorneys
- Age Discrimination Attorneys Las Vegas
- Disability Discrimination Attorney Las Vegas
- Gender and Sex Discrimination Attorneys Las Vegas
- Pregnancy Discrimination Attorney Las Vegas
- Scaffolding Accident Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Wage & Hour Dispute Attorneys Las Vegas
- Whistleblower Retaliation Lawyers in Las Vegas
- Workers’ Compensation Attorney in Las Vegas
- Workplace Discrimination Attorneys Las Vegas
- Workplace Harassment Lawyers Las Vegas
- Workplace Retaliation Lawyer Las Vegas
- Wrongful Termination Attorneys in Las Vegas
- Top Rated Las Vegas Racial Discrimination Lawyers
- Real Estate Lawyers in Las Vegas
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- AirBNB Injury Attorneys in Las Vegas
- Automatic Sliding Door Injury
Attorney in Las Vegas
- Concert and Live Event Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Factory Injury Lawyers in Las Vegas
- Garage Door Accident Injury Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Grocery Store Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Gym Accident Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Parking Lot Accident Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Restaurant Injury Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Theme Park Ride Injury Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Trampoline Park Injury Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Product Liability Attorney in Las Vegas
- Civil Rights Litigation Attorneys in Las Vegas
- Medical Malpractice Attorney in Las Vegas
- Wrongful Death Attorney in Las Vegas
- Data Privacy Attorneys in Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Negligent Security Lawyer
- Las Vegas Nursing Home Neglect Attorney
- Persian Attorneys & Iranian Lawyers in Las Vegas
Amazing Car Accident Lawyer
“Saman is by far true to his word. He truly was available at all times and always kept me updated. In the end, he settled my case with a great results. He didn’t treat me like a file, he treated me as if he was representing family. If you are looking for open, fast, thorough and a detailed lawyer, look no further. I will definitely recommend him to anyone seeking legal services who wants to feel assured that they are in the best hands.”
“I was injured in a car accident. The lawyer made sure that I went to my chiropractor sessions and that I get the medical attention needed. I also got MRI’s as needed and also got back injections as needed. He was very persistent on contacting me, even when I wasn’t reachable, and making sure that I got treated right and paid a good amount at the end. He is a very respectful person and great lawyer.”
An Extraordinary Experience
“Thank you for your unwavering commitment to my case. Words do not adequately describe my feelings, when no one seemed to care about an old vet with an injury you were there. I can remember as clearly as though it were yesterday, your sincerity and desire to help me. For that, I will always be grateful. Your endless commitment of time, financial resources and a personal concern for my physical well being surpassed anything I could have expected or imagined.”
- A Guide to Dog Bite Laws in California and the US
- Is It Legal To Kill A Dog If It Attacks Me
- Can You Sue a School if Your Child Gets Injured?
- What is a Subpoena?
- What is a Deposition?
- I Was Injured At Work – What Are My Rights
- Can Semi Trucks Drive in the Left Lane?
- Nursing Home Malnutrition and Dehydration
24/7 Free Case Evaluation
Los Angeles Office3530 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 710 Los Angeles, CA 90010 Tel: 213-884-4881
Irvine Office17875 Von Karman Ave. Suite 150 & 250 Irvine, CA 92614 Tel: 949-239-1020
Sacramento Office180 Promenade Cir Ste 300 Sacramento, CA 95834 Tel: 916-461-1818
Bakersfield Office3501 Mall View Rd Suite 105 Bakersfield, CA 93306 Tel: 661-409-0000