Burn injuries can be a result from almost any type of accident, from car accidents, to slip and fall accidents. These injuries can result in permanent scarring and disfigurement, and may require a lifetime of medical care. Burn injuries could not only lead to severe physical injuries, but they can also take a major emotional toll. If you or a loved one have suffered a burn injury, and would like to hold the responsible party accountable for compensation, give our top rated Las Vegas attorneys a call today.
Our Las Vegas burn injury lawyers fight aggressively to make sure that our clients get the legal help that they deserve. We hold responsible parties accountable for their actions and make sure that our clients get compensated a fair amount that truly reflects how much they have suffered.
Give our attorneys a call today for a free case evaluation. During our case evaluation, we will review your accident, along with the circumstances of how your burn injuries occurred. Based on the case evaluation, we will determine what the best course of action may be for your case, and will begin working in your favor.
What causes burn injuries?
Burn injuries occur from almost any type of accident. But, there are certain circumstances that may lead to burns rather than other physical injuries. Some examples include:
- Smoke burns
- Burns from fires
- Chemical burns
- Thermal burns
- Steam burns
Premises Liability And Burn Injuries
A variety of accidents fall under different types of lawsuits that your attorney will have to prove in court. Generally, our attorneys have seen burn injuries come up in premises liability cases. Premises liability cases are those that hold a landowner accountable for their negligent actions. In order to prove a premises liability lawsuit that ends up in burn injuries, your experienced Las Vegas attorney must show:
- The landlord was responsible for maintaining the property and making sure that it was safe from any fire dangers
- The landlord failed to take any safety measures, and it led to a fire danger
- The fire then caused the victim to suffer burn injuries
- The victim now has damages, such as medical bills, in order to treat the injuries
What are the different types of burn injuries?
In the medical field, burn injuries are categorized into three different types. Each category differs from one another depending on the severity of the burns, and the physical look of the burn. Usually, the more severe the burn, the more likely the victim will receive more in compensation compared to another burn injury victim who only suffered minor burns. The different categories of burns are:
- First-degree burns: are considered to be the most mild burn in comparison to the other types of burns. A first degree burn only burns the first and top layer of the skin. The more layers the burn effects, the more severe it is and the higher degree. First degree burns require antibiotics, and time off work to heal from the injuries.
- Second-degree burns: a second-degree burn is more painful than a first degree burn, and damages the deep tissue of the skin. Second-degree burns may result in disfigurement and permanent scarring. All second-degree burns will require some type of medical assistance.
- Third-degree burns: this is the most severe type of burn, and all third degree burns will require constant medical attention. In certain cases, it may even result in amputation and disfigurement. Those with third-degree burns will live with those injuries for the rest of their life, and may even have to switch jobs if they are physically unable to move around like they used to prior to the accident.
What type of compensation can I receive for my burn injury lawsuit in Las Vegas?
- Medical bills
- Past lost wages
- Future lost income
- Physical rehabilitation
- Prescription medication
- At home medical equipment
- At home medical care
- Future physical therapy
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Punitive damages
Wrongful-Death and Burn Injuries
In the event that the burn injuries result in death, the deceased family member has the right to file a lawsuit against the defendant themselves. In a wrongful death lawsuit for burn injuries, not only could the victim’s family member recover compensation stated above, but they could also recover other expenses such as funeral expenses.
What will our Las Vegas burn injury lawyers do?
- We will investigate the circumstances of your accident to see exactly how the accident occurred. One of the hardest things to do in a lawsuit is gather enough evidence to prove liability. Oftentimes, the other party that the lawsuit is filed against will try to fight back and blame other parties for the incident. Our top rated attorneys have decades of experience handling burn injuries, and know exactly what to do to investigate a burn injury accident.
- We will negotiate with the other party to make sure that all your financial burdens have been discussed, and we come to a settlement agreement that is fair for you. That is what sets us apart from other law firms.
- In the event that a settlement with the other party is not reached, then your case may go to trial. Our trial attorneys have extensive experience in Nevada courts representing clients who have been injured from negligent parties.
Do I need a burn injury attorney in Las Vegas?
Generally, you do not need an attorney to represent you in Nevada courts. But, it is highly recommended that you have an attorney on your side in order to deal with all the necessary legal steps, and communicate with the other party. Keep in mind that you may not only be dealing with the other party, but you may also be dealing with insurance adjusters. They could get very tricky when determining who you are speaking with, especially if you are not represented by an attorney. Having an attorney will help ease the process while you take time to look after your own health.
How much do our Las Vegas burn injury attorneys cost?
Our burn injury attorneys work through a contingency fee, which means that you do not owe us a single dollar until we win a favorable outcome. A favorable outcome means a settlement amount, or a judgment from the Court.
Give our burn injury attorneys a call today to discuss your Las Vegas accident. Keep in mind that with every type of lawsuit comes a specific time limitation on when you should file the lawsuit. When you file a lawsuit too late, you will risk losing your entire case and not even having the opportunity to bring it to court. The sooner you speak to our top rated attorneys, the easier it will be to seek damages and compensation from the at fault party.
Heidari Law Group Las Vegas Practice Areas
Personal Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Assault and Battery Attorneys in Las Vegas
- Traumatic Brain Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Slip and Fall Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Spinal Cord Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Dog Bite Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Catastrophic Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Broken Bone Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Nerve Damage Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Head Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Burn Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Sexual Assault Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Child Injury Claims Attorney in Las Vegas
Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Car Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Lyft & Uber Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Taxi Cab Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Rideshare Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Motorcycle Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Trucking Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Airline & Plane Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Metro Bus Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- DUI and Drunk Driving Attorney in Las Vegas
- Slip & Fall Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Dog Bite Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Train Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Helicopter Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Bicycle Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Pedestrian Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Premises Liability Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Elevator Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Construction Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Golf Cart Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
Employment & Labor Law Attorneys in Las Vegas
- Wrongful Termination Attorney in Las Vegas
- Workplace Discrimination Attorney in Las Vegas
- Whistleblower Retaliation Attorney in Las Vegas
- Workplace Harassment Attorney in Las Vegas
- Wages & Hours Dispute Attorney in Las Vegas
- Workers’ Compensation Attorney in Las Vegas
- Age Discrimination Attorney in Las Vegas
- Disability Discrimination Attorney in Las Vegas
- Gender Discrimination Attorney in Las Vegas
- Pregnancy Discrimination Attorney in Las Vegas
Medical Malpractice Attorneys in Las Vegas
Vaccine Injury Compensation Court
- COVID-19 Vaccine Attorney in Las Vegas
- Flu Vaccine Attorney in Las Vegas
- HPV Vaccine Attorney in Las Vegas
Nursing Home Neglect & Elder Abuse
Product Liability Attorney in Las Vegas
Insurance Bad Faith Attorney in Las Vegas
Civil Rights Litigation Attorney in Las Vegas
Negligent Security Attorney in Las Vegas
HIPAA Violations Attorney in Las Vegas
Data Privacy Breach Attorney in Las Vegas