Las Vegas Train & Monorail Accident
Ride Share Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Trip and Fall Accident
Ride Share Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Trip and Fall Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Las Vegas Train & Monorail Accident Attorney
Las Vegas has several different types of trains and monorails. The city is known for having a monorail that runs across the Las Vegas strip, with tracks that go from one hotel to another. Although monorail and train accidents are rare, they do still occur and do still cause severe accidents.
According to the Federal Railroad administration, there are around 10 train accidents that occur each year in the state of Nevada. From these 10 accidents, there are around 2 to 3 fatalities that result. Besides the fatalities, major injuries are also very common from train or monorail accidents.
If you have been involved in a trail or monorail accident in Las Vegas, it is important that you speak to a highly qualified Las Vegas accident attorney immediately to see if you could recover compensation for your medical bills. Because train and monorail accidents could lead to severe injuries, they most likely will need thousands of dollars in medical bills to treat. You should have these medical bills reimbursed. Give our top-rated Las Vegas lawyers a call today.
Who is responsible for a train accident in Las Vegas?
In the event of an accident, the National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) is the authority responsible for overseeing the investigation process in a train or monorail accident in Las Vegas, Nevada. The NTSB will investigate every aspect of the accident to determine its cause and who may be at fault. This includes examining evidence from the scene, interviewing witnesses, and reviewing maintenance records. The results of this investigation are important because they can help those injured in a monorail or train accident understand why it happened and who may be held liable for their injuries.
Examples of parties that could be held responsible for a train or monorail accident include:
- Train operator: this is most likely the party that many think of when holding negligent parties accountable. For example, the train operator might have been drunk at the time of the accident.
- Train or monorail company: the company could be held responsible if they negligently maintained their rails or the train.
- Train or monorail manufacturing company: in the event that there was a defect in one of the parts, a product defect lawsuit could hold the manufacturer responsible.
- Other third parties: if there was a pedestrian on the tracks that caused the accident, or a vehicle that was stopped on the rail and caused the accident, these third parties could also be held responsible.
If you have been injured while on the Las Vegas monorail, you have the right to hold the company and its employees responsible for any negligent actions that they took. Give us a call to discuss your specific case.
What should I do after a train accident in Las Vegas?
If you are involved in a train accident or monorail accident, it is important to do the following:
- Seek medical attention: If you or anyone else is injured, it is important to get medical help as soon as possible. Call 911 or the local emergency number for help.
- Stay safe: If the accident occurred while the train was in motion, try to move away from the tracks and any debris. If the train is on fire, try to get as far away from the fire as possible. If you are stuck in the train, stay put and wait for rescue workers to arrive.
- Gather information: If it is safe to do so, try to gather information about the accident, such as the time it occurred, the location, the names of any witnesses, and the names of any injured parties.
- Report the accident: If the accident occurred on a public railway, you should report it to the railway company or the local authorities. If the accident occurred on a private railway, you should report it to the owner of the railway.
- Document the scene: If it is safe to do so, take photos or videos of the accident scene and any damage or injuries. This can be helpful in determining the cause of the accident and who may be responsible.
- Contact a lawyer: If you have been injured in a train accident, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries and other losses. An attorney can help you understand your rights and options for seeking compensation.
Nevada State Laws
Trains and monorails are considered to be common carriers. Common carriers are those companies that transport passengers or goods from one point to another. Under Nevada law, carriers have a duty to make sure that they constantly maintain their vehicles and inspect the trains and rails for any problems that may arise. They must also make sure there are proper safety measures on their trains to prevent any type of attacks or accidents from third parties.
Federal Train and Monorail Laws
In addition to Nevada state laws governing personal injury claims related to train and monorail accidents, there are also federal laws that apply. The Federal Employers’ Liability Act (FELA) provides protection for railroad employees who are injured while working on trains and railroads operated by interstate carriers. Additionally, The Locomotive Inspection Act (LIA) requires all locomotives to adhere to certain safety standards set by the federal government.
What are the different types of train accidents?
When one thinks of train accidents, they think of a train collision. But there are several other types of accidents that you could recover compensation for in the event that you have been injured. For example:
- Slip and fall accidents: when walking up and down the aisles of the train or monorail, there could be spilled liquid that could lead to a slip and fall accident.
- Trip and fall accidents: an object may be left in the middle of the aisles, which could be tripping hazard for passengers.
- Assault: If a third party has assaulted you while riding a train or monorail, you could hold the perpetrator responsible, along with the monorail or train company for failure to maintain safety on their trains.
Legal Options for Commuters
If you are a commuter in Las Vegas, Nevada, who has been injured on the train or monorail, you may be eligible for compensation. Depending on the circumstances of your injury, there are several legal options available to you.
First, if you were injured due to the negligence of another party, such as the train operator or a third-party contractor working on the train or monorail, then you may be able to file a personal injury lawsuit against them. To do this, you must prove that they acted negligently and that their negligence was responsible for your injuries. If successful, this type of lawsuit can result in monetary damages being awarded to cover medical bills and other costs associated with your injury. It’s a smart idea to speak with a Las Vegas monorail accident lawyer who can help you understand your options.
Second, if your injuries were caused by defective equipment or an unsafe condition on the train or monorail, then you may have grounds for a product liability lawsuit against the manufacturer of the equipment or the property owner responsible for maintaining it. Again, to succeed with this type of claim, it is necessary to prove that a defect existed that caused your injuries and that it was not reasonably foreseeable by those responsible for maintaining safety standards. If successful with this type of claim, monetary damages may be awarded as well as punitive damages, if appropriate.
Finally, if your injuries were caused by an act of violence while riding on public or private transportation, then you may be able to seek compensation from either the transit authority itself or from any other parties who could have prevented such an act from occurring but failed to do so. In these cases, it is important to gather evidence such as witness statements and security camera footage to prove liability and seek appropriate compensation for medical bills and other costs associated with your injury.
No matter what legal option is pursued after being injured while riding public transportation in Las Vegas, Nevada, victims must take action quickly to protect their rights and ensure they receive proper compensation for their losses.
Legal Options for Railroad or Monorail Employees
Railroad employees in Las Vegas, Nevada, who are injured on the train or monorail also have legal options for seeking compensation. The first step is to report the injury to the employer as soon as possible. This will ensure that the employee’s rights are protected and that they can receive medical care if necessary.
The next step is to file a claim with the Federal Employers Liability Act (FELA). FELA is a federal law that provides railroad employees with protection from workplace injuries and illnesses, including those caused by the negligence of their employers or other third parties. FELA claims must be filed within three years of the date of injury, so it is important to act quickly after an incident occurs.
In addition to filing a FELA claim, injured railroad employees may also be able to pursue a personal injury lawsuit against their employer or any other responsible party. These lawsuits can seek damages for pain and suffering, lost wages, medical bills, and other costs associated with the injury. In order for these claims to be successful, however, there must be evidence that someone else was at fault for the accident or illness.
Finally, railroad employees in Las Vegas may also be eligible for workers’ compensation benefits if they are injured on the job. Workers’ compensation benefits provide financial assistance for medical bills and lost wages while an employee recovers from an injury or illness related to their job duties. Contact a Las Vegas monorail accident attorney who specializes in these sorts of cases to learn more about your options.
How much is my Las Vegas train accident lawsuit worth?
The amount of compensation available will depend upon several factors, including but not limited to:
- The severity of the injuries sustained during the accident
- Whether any parties were negligent
- Whether any other parties besides those involved directly with the operation of the vehicle were found liable
- Whether any medical expenses were incurred due to injuries sustained during the accident
- Lost wages due to an inability to work after sustaining injuries during the accident
- Pain and suffering endured due to physical and emotional trauma caused by the incident
Generally speaking, most people can expect to receive some form of financial restitution after filing suit against the responsible party (or parties).
Contact Our Experienced Las Vegas Train Or Monorail Accident Attorney Today
It is highly recommended that anyone injured in a train or monorail accident contact an experienced attorney specializing in these types of cases right away so they can help guide them through the legal process and ensure the best possible outcome.
At Heidari Law Group, our experienced attorneys can assess the specific details surrounding your case and determine several important things, including what types of damages are applicable under the law and how much money you can realistically expect from the settlement. Our Las Vegas train accident attorneys can also handle all paperwork associated with filing the claim and represent you throughout the entire litigation process up until a resolution has been reached.
Heidari Law Group Las Vegas Practice Areas
- Las Vegas Personal Injury Lawyers
- Las Vegas Assault and Battery Attorneys
- Las Vegas Slip and Fall Lawyers
- Las Vegas Spinal Cord Injury Attorneys
- Las Vegas Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyers
- Las Vegas Wrongful Death Attorneys
- Las Vegas Dog Bites Lawyers
- Las Vegas DUI & Drunk Driver Crashes Attorneys
- Las Vegas Workers’ Compensation Attorneys
- Las Vegas Persian Attorneys & Iranian Lawyers
- Las Vegas Car Accident Attorneys
- Las Vegas Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
- Las Vegas Bike Accident Attorneys
- Las Vegas Truck Accident Lawyers
- Las Vegas Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
- Las Vegas Bus Accident Lawyers
- Las Vegas Ride Share Accident Attorneys
- Las Vegas Uber & Lyft Accident Lawyers
- Las Vegas Accident Attorneys
- Airline and Plane Accidents
- ATV Accident Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Bicycle Accident Attorney
- Bicycle Accident Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Big Rig Accident Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Boating Accident Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Bus Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Car Accident Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Dog Bite Injury Lawyer in Las Vegas
- DUI and Drunk Driving Attorney in Las Vegas
- Freeway Accident Injury Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Helicopter Tour Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Limo and Shuttle Accident Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Loaner and Rental Car Accident Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Lyft and Uber Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Motorcycle Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Multi-Car Accident Attorney In Las Vegas
- Pedestrian Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- RV Accident Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Scooter Accident Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Slip and Fall Attorney in Las Vegas
- Taxi Cab Accident Attorneys
- Train & Monorail Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Transit Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Truck Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Uninsured and Underinsured Motorists Attorney in Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Personal Injury Attorney
- Animal Injury Attorneys in las Vegas
- Assault and Battery Attorneys in Las Vegas
- Broken Bone Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Burn Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Lawyers
- Catastrophic Injury Attorney
- Child Injury Attorneys
- Construction Accident & Injury Lawyers
- Crane Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Dangerous Prescriptions and Drugs Attorney in Las Vegas
- Dog Bite Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Elevator Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Fire & Explosions Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Golf Cart Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Head Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Horseback Riding Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Mass Gathering Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Nerve Damage Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Passenger Injury Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Seat Belt Injury Compensation Lawyers in Las Vegas
- Sexual Assault Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Slip and Fall Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Spinal Cord Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Sports Injury Lawyers In Las Vegas
- Swimming Pool Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Traumatic Brain Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Work-Related Injury Lawyers in Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Employment Law Attorneys
- Age Discrimination Attorneys Las Vegas
- Disability Discrimination Attorney Las Vegas
- Gender and Sex Discrimination Attorneys Las Vegas
- Pregnancy Discrimination Attorney Las Vegas
- Scaffolding Accident Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Wage & Hour Dispute Attorneys Las Vegas
- Whistleblower Retaliation Lawyers in Las Vegas
- Workers’ Compensation Attorney in Las Vegas
- Workplace Discrimination Attorneys Las Vegas
- Workplace Harassment Lawyers Las Vegas
- Workplace Retaliation Lawyer Las Vegas
- Wrongful Termination Attorneys in Las Vegas
- Top Rated Las Vegas Racial Discrimination Lawyers
- Real Estate Lawyers in Las Vegas
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- AirBNB Injury Attorneys in Las Vegas
- Automatic Sliding Door Injury
Attorney in Las Vegas
- Concert and Live Event Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Factory Injury Lawyers in Las Vegas
- Garage Door Accident Injury Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Grocery Store Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Gym Accident Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Parking Lot Accident Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Restaurant Injury Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Theme Park Ride Injury Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Trampoline Park Injury Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Product Liability Attorney in Las Vegas
- Civil Rights Litigation Attorneys in Las Vegas
- Medical Malpractice Attorney in Las Vegas
- Wrongful Death Attorney in Las Vegas
- Data Privacy Attorneys in Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Negligent Security Lawyer
- Las Vegas Nursing Home Neglect Attorney
- Persian Attorneys & Iranian Lawyers in Las Vegas
Amazing Car Accident Lawyer
“Saman is by far true to his word. He truly was available at all times and always kept me updated. In the end, he settled my case with a great results. He didn’t treat me like a file, he treated me as if he was representing family. If you are looking for open, fast, thorough and a detailed lawyer, look no further. I will definitely recommend him to anyone seeking legal services who wants to feel assured that they are in the best hands.”
“I was injured in a car accident. The lawyer made sure that I went to my chiropractor sessions and that I get the medical attention needed. I also got MRI’s as needed and also got back injections as needed. He was very persistent on contacting me, even when I wasn’t reachable, and making sure that I got treated right and paid a good amount at the end. He is a very respectful person and great lawyer.”
An Extraordinary Experience
“Thank you for your unwavering commitment to my case. Words do not adequately describe my feelings, when no one seemed to care about an old vet with an injury you were there. I can remember as clearly as though it were yesterday, your sincerity and desire to help me. For that, I will always be grateful. Your endless commitment of time, financial resources and a personal concern for my physical well being surpassed anything I could have expected or imagined.”
24/7 Free Case Evaluation
Los Angeles Office3530 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 710 Los Angeles, CA 90010 Tel: 213-884-4881
Irvine Office17875 Von Karman Ave. Suite 150 & 250 Irvine, CA 92614 Tel: 949-239-1020
Sacramento Office180 Promenade Cir Ste 300 Sacramento, CA 95834 Tel: 916-461-1818
Bakersfield Office3501 Mall View Rd Suite 105 Bakersfield, CA 93306 Tel: 661-409-0000