Gym Accident Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
If you’ve been hurt while at the gym, our expert attorneys can walk you through the claims process.
Ride Share Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Trip and Fall Accident
Ride Share Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Trip and Fall Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Gym Accident Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
Gym injuries are more common than you think, these injuries can occur among all age groups. More than 4 million people end up in the emergency room each year for injuries from recreation exercises. In 2020, the injury count from exercise and exercise equipment related injuries was around 377,939.
If you or a loved one have been injured in a gym accident from the negligence of other parties, contact our experienced lawyers in gym accident injuries in Las Vegas for a free evaluation of your case.
Common Types of Gym Accidents
There’s a variety of causes that can lead to suffering injuries in a gym, some of the most common include:
- Slip and fall accidents, either outside or inside the gym area. The injuries that can result from these accidents are broken bones, severe bruising, head injuries, traumatic brain injuries, sprains.
- Accidents due to faulty equipment, if a treadmill or elliptical is faulty you can fall off very fast, for this reason you can dislocate your shoulders from trying to stay on the faulty equipment.
- Accidents due to lack of training
- Poor lighting, the conditions of the facility must be the appropriate, in cases of poor lighting, you can miss equipment on the floor and that can lead you to trip and fall.
- Dropping heavy weights on yourself
- Parking lot accidents
- Overexertion injuries, it is important to know your physical limitations and listen to your body, sometimes people push themselves too hard and that can lead to a myriad of injuries and medical issues, including pulling a muscle or causing a cardiac event.
- Negligence by gym employees
- Negligence by a fitness trainer
Types of Injuries from Gym Accidents
Some of the most common injuries that can occur in a gym include:
- Head injuries
- Back and neck injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Broken bone injuries
- Crushing injuries
There are several types of injuries that can be sustained in a gym. If you’ve been injured in a gym, you’ll want to discuss your situation with our attorneys. If you suffer an injury at the gym because of the negligence of the gym staff, gym owner or other parties you can file a potential legal claim against the gym’s insurance provider and their management.
To avoid suffering from these types of injuries, you should make sure you’re trained or prepared to do any strenuous physical activity before trying it for the first time, and if you are lifting weights make sure to have a spotter.
Establishing Responsibility in Gym Accidents
Under the law of premises liability, property owners can be held responsible for the injuries and damages their patrons suffer if the hazard that caused it, could have reasonably been remedied. One of the most important aspects in premises liability is being able to prove that the property owner was responsible for the damages. For doing that you must obtain adequate evidence.
In all premises liability cases, you are required to prove that the property owner was liable for the damages, so you should be able to demonstrate that the following was evident:
- There was a potentially dangerous or dangerous condition on the property that presented an unreasonable risk of harm.
- The property owner was aware or should have been aware of this dangerous condition.
- The property owner failed to mention this dangerous condition and did not take reasonable action to remedy the issue.
- This dangerous condition caused the injuries suffered by the tenant or patron.
There are certain principles that protect gyms from liability, such as:
- If a gym expects to stay open, it will require its members to sign liability waivers. This liability waivers must be clearly worded, and they can only cover events that are reasonably foreseeable at the time the person signs it.
- If the liability of waiver doesn’t cover the specific activity that caused an injury, the gym may be able to rely upon the member’s assumption of risk to escape responsibility for some or all the injury.
- There are certain injuries the gym will not be held liable for. Some of these injuries include muscle cramps, muscle strains from lifting too much weight and injuries from using the machines improperly.
What is Premises Liability?
Premises liability is a legal responsibility imposed on the property owner due to injuries that were caused by unsafe conditions. The premises liability lawsuit is based on negligence. But only because someone has been injured in someone else’s property, it does not mean that the property owner was negligent. The victim must prove that the injuries were a consequence of the negligence from the property owner.
The premises liability law bases the verdict on the reason why the plaintiff entered the property. When a person enters a property without permission are called “trespassers”. The one’s that accessed the property for their purposes are considered “licensees” and the people who enter the premises to further the owner’s purposes, like customers, are labeled “invitees”.
Normally, the owner of the property doesn’t have the responsibility to keep trespassers safe, the only exception is if the owner has the knowledge that the trespasser is on the property and fails to inform them of the hazardous conditions.
Responsibilities Gym Owners Have to Their Clients
Some of the responsibility’s gym owners owe to their clients are:
- Keep the gym always clean, this also includes clear and dry floors, sanitizing equipment and restrooms or locker rooms.
- Repairing faulty equipment, closing them when they need repair or removing them from the public area and replacing them if needed.
- Make sure the gym isn’t too crowded.
- Make sure that the security systems are functional at all times.
Compensation You Can Recover from a Gym Accident
In cases of personal injuries, you can recover compensation based on the extent and the damages that the accident caused. Some of these damages for which you can obtain compensation include:
- Past and future medical bills: this includes rehabilitation and nursing care required for the treatment of their injuries sustained.
- Lost wages: this refers to the money that you would have or could earn if you did not suffer from that injury and depends directly on how long it will take for you to heal.
- Pain and suffering: this refers to the damages that are harder to calculate and are based on the severity and extent of the injuries.
- Punitive damages: these damages are based on the negligence of the owner or operator.
Contact Our Experienced Las Vegas Lawyers to Handle Your Gym Accident Injury Case
Our attorneys will work to gather the evidence necessary to strengthen your claim and prove your injuries from a gym accident. Contact us today at Heidari Law Group for free, no-obligation case consultation. During this consultation we can determine the damages that you are owed, and we will work to ensure maximum compensation for your injuries. Our attorneys work on a contingency fee basis. This means that you do not have to pay a fee until we win a settlement or a judgment amount for you. Don’t let your injuries from a gym accident ruin your life. We are top-ranked personal injury attorneys that are serving people in Las Vegas.
Heidari Law Group Las Vegas Practice Areas
- Las Vegas Personal Injury Lawyers
- Las Vegas Assault and Battery Attorneys
- Las Vegas Slip and Fall Lawyers
- Las Vegas Spinal Cord Injury Attorneys
- Las Vegas Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyers
- Las Vegas Wrongful Death Attorneys
- Las Vegas Dog Bites Lawyers
- Las Vegas DUI & Drunk Driver Crashes Attorneys
- Las Vegas Workers’ Compensation Attorneys
- Las Vegas Persian Attorneys & Iranian Lawyers
- Las Vegas Car Accident Attorneys
- Las Vegas Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
- Las Vegas Bike Accident Attorneys
- Las Vegas Truck Accident Lawyers
- Las Vegas Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
- Las Vegas Bus Accident Lawyers
- Las Vegas Ride Share Accident Attorneys
- Las Vegas Uber & Lyft Accident Lawyers
- Las Vegas Accident Attorneys
- Airline and Plane Accidents
- ATV Accident Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Bicycle Accident Attorney
- Bicycle Accident Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Big Rig Accident Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Boating Accident Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Bus Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Car Accident Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Dog Bite Injury Lawyer in Las Vegas
- DUI and Drunk Driving Attorney in Las Vegas
- Freeway Accident Injury Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Helicopter Tour Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Limo and Shuttle Accident Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Loaner and Rental Car Accident Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Lyft and Uber Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Motorcycle Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Multi-Car Accident Attorney In Las Vegas
- Pedestrian Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- RV Accident Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Scooter Accident Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Slip and Fall Attorney in Las Vegas
- Taxi Cab Accident Attorneys
- Train & Monorail Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Transit Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Truck Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Uninsured and Underinsured Motorists Attorney in Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Personal Injury Attorney
- Animal Injury Attorneys in las Vegas
- Assault and Battery Attorneys in Las Vegas
- Broken Bone Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Burn Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Lawyers
- Catastrophic Injury Attorney
- Child Injury Attorneys
- Construction Accident & Injury Lawyers
- Crane Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Dangerous Prescriptions and Drugs Attorney in Las Vegas
- Dog Bite Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Elevator Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Fire & Explosions Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Golf Cart Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Head Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Horseback Riding Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Mass Gathering Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Nerve Damage Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Passenger Injury Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Seat Belt Injury Compensation Lawyers in Las Vegas
- Sexual Assault Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Slip and Fall Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Spinal Cord Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Sports Injury Lawyers In Las Vegas
- Swimming Pool Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Traumatic Brain Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Work-Related Injury Lawyers in Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Employment Law Attorneys
- Age Discrimination Attorneys Las Vegas
- Disability Discrimination Attorney Las Vegas
- Gender and Sex Discrimination Attorneys Las Vegas
- Pregnancy Discrimination Attorney Las Vegas
- Scaffolding Accident Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Wage & Hour Dispute Attorneys Las Vegas
- Whistleblower Retaliation Lawyers in Las Vegas
- Workers’ Compensation Attorney in Las Vegas
- Workplace Discrimination Attorneys Las Vegas
- Workplace Harassment Lawyers Las Vegas
- Workplace Retaliation Lawyer Las Vegas
- Wrongful Termination Attorneys in Las Vegas
- Top Rated Las Vegas Racial Discrimination Lawyers
- Real Estate Lawyers in Las Vegas
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- AirBNB Injury Attorneys in Las Vegas
- Automatic Sliding Door Injury
Attorney in Las Vegas
- Concert and Live Event Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Factory Injury Lawyers in Las Vegas
- Garage Door Accident Injury Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Grocery Store Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Gym Accident Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Parking Lot Accident Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Restaurant Injury Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Theme Park Ride Injury Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Trampoline Park Injury Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Product Liability Attorney in Las Vegas
- Civil Rights Litigation Attorneys in Las Vegas
- Medical Malpractice Attorney in Las Vegas
- Wrongful Death Attorney in Las Vegas
- Data Privacy Attorneys in Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Negligent Security Lawyer
- Las Vegas Nursing Home Neglect Attorney
- Persian Attorneys & Iranian Lawyers in Las Vegas
Amazing Car Accident Lawyer
“Saman is by far true to his word. He truly was available at all times and always kept me updated. In the end, he settled my case with a great results. He didn’t treat me like a file, he treated me as if he was representing family. If you are looking for open, fast, thorough and a detailed lawyer, look no further. I will definitely recommend him to anyone seeking legal services who wants to feel assured that they are in the best hands.”
“I was injured in a car accident. The lawyer made sure that I went to my chiropractor sessions and that I get the medical attention needed. I also got MRI’s as needed and also got back injections as needed. He was very persistent on contacting me, even when I wasn’t reachable, and making sure that I got treated right and paid a good amount at the end. He is a very respectful person and great lawyer.”
An Extraordinary Experience
“Thank you for your unwavering commitment to my case. Words do not adequately describe my feelings, when no one seemed to care about an old vet with an injury you were there. I can remember as clearly as though it were yesterday, your sincerity and desire to help me. For that, I will always be grateful. Your endless commitment of time, financial resources and a personal concern for my physical well being surpassed anything I could have expected or imagined.”
- A Guide to Dog Bite Laws in California and the US
- Is It Legal To Kill A Dog If It Attacks Me
- Can You Sue a School if Your Child Gets Injured?
- What is a Subpoena?
- What is a Deposition?
- I Was Injured At Work – What Are My Rights
- Can Semi Trucks Drive in the Left Lane?
- Nursing Home Malnutrition and Dehydration
24/7 Free Case Evaluation
Los Angeles Office3530 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 710 Los Angeles, CA 90010 Tel: 213-884-4881
Irvine Office17875 Von Karman Ave. Suite 150 & 250 Irvine, CA 92614 Tel: 949-239-1020
Sacramento Office180 Promenade Cir Ste 300 Sacramento, CA 95834 Tel: 916-461-1818
Bakersfield Office3501 Mall View Rd Suite 105 Bakersfield, CA 93306 Tel: 661-409-0000