Have you or a loved one suffered from a head injury due to the negligence or violence of another party? If so, you will benefit from consulting a highly experienced head injury attorney in Las Vegas from Heidari Law Group.
Working with a head injury attorney can be a daunting process. You may feel overwhelmed and not know what to expect as you attempt to navigate the complexities of the legal system. In this blog post, we’ll discuss what you should expect when working with a head injury attorney. We’ll also cover topics such as the type of head injuries, the process of litigation, and the compensation you can receive if you get a head injury from an accident.
A Brief Overview of Head Injuries
The head is a delicate part of the human body consisting of 14 facial bones and eight cranial bones. Together, these bones protect the brain and control all facial and head movements.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), there were over 64,000 deaths related to traumatic brain injury in 2020, which equals about 176 injuries and deaths per day. Therefore, head injuries are very serious for the victim.
Causes of Head Injuries
Many different types of accidents, negligence or violence can cause head injuries, including:
- Workplace accidents
- Construction accidents
- Physical assault
- Vehicle accidents, including head-on collisions or weather-based injuries
- Sports injuries
- Oxygen deprivation
The Dangers of Head Injuries
Head injuries are very dangerous and can have long-lasting negative effects, including:
- Difficulty concentrating
- Disorientation or confusion
- Behavioral impairments such as mood swings, combativeness, aggravation, and anxiety
- Memory issues, up to permanent memory loss
- Slurred speech
- Loss of balance coordination
- Sleeping issues
- Emotional trauma, including depression
Types of Head Injuries
There are various types of head injuries that victims can suffer from:
- Open Head Injury: Also known as a penetrating head injury, an open head injury is a type of head injury in which there is a fracture, break, or penetration of the skull. Gunshot wounds, car accidents, and fireworks accidents are more likely to result in an open head injury. Severe brain damage often occurs due to a penetrating object entering brain tissue.
- Closed Head Injury: A closed head injury occurs when the object that strikes the head does not break, fracture, or penetrate the victim’s skull. This is a common type of head injury that occurs in sports. A closed head injury can cause significant amounts of brain damage, such as bruising and bleeding in the brain tissue. This type of injury mainly occurs because the brain hits the inside of the skull when it strikes.
- Concussion: The most common type of head injury is a concussion. Both open and closed head injuries can cause a concussion. The most common causes of concussions include whiplash, sports impacts, and violent shaking.
- Contusion: A contusion is a type of head injury in which the victim is bruised severely or bleeds internally in the brain. Injuries of this kind can occur without impact and can also result from other causes like microhemorrhages or blood vessel leaks. Larger contusions often require surgery to assist in the recovery process. If the victim has a severe concussion paired with edema (swelling of the brain), a contusion can become life-threatening or even cause permanent brain damage.
- Diffuse Axonal Injury: A diffuse axonal injury occurs when the brain can’t keep up with the movement of the skull, resulting in dangerous twisting, tearing, or shaking of the brain. Car accidents are the most common cause of diffuse axonal injuries.
3 Benefits of Working With a Head Injury Lawyer in Las Vegas
If you or a loved one has suffered a head injury due to an accident, negligence, or assault, you should contact a Las Vegas head injury attorney for several reasons:
- Extensive Legal Knowledge
A head injury attorney will have extensive legal knowledge and experience to help you navigate the complexities of your case. They are familiar with head injury cases and can provide knowledgeable guidance to ensure that you receive the compensation and justice you deserve.
They will also ensure you bring your claim to court before the statute of limitations passes for your state.
- Legal Support
A head injury attorney can also provide support throughout the legal process, helping you understand your rights and any potential risks associated with taking legal action. Furthermore, they can evaluate the evidence and build a convincing case on your behalf to help you obtain the best possible outcome.
Ultimately, enlisting the help of a head injury attorney is an important step in pursuing justice for head injury victims.
- The Best Legal Outcome
An attorney can help you get the best possible outcome by negotiating a settlement or pursuing a lawsuit related to head injuries. Suppose you or a loved one has suffered a head injury due to the negligence of another party. In that case, an experienced personal injury attorney can review your case and help build a strong legal strategy.
They can ensure that your rights are protected and that you receive appropriate compensation for the harm suffered. In addition to seeking financial compensation, an attorney can also ensure that the responsible party is held accountable for their actions.
For example, if a victim passes away, the head injury lawyer can help you bring a wrongful death claim against the at-fault party. You’ll receive reimbursement for the victim’s funeral expenses and future lost income.
Working with a head injury lawyer who has the necessary experience to understand the complexities of head injury cases is essential to protect your rights and secure the compensation you are entitled to. With the right head injury lawyer, you can rest assured that your case will be handled with professionalism and care.
How do I know if my Head Injury is serious?
It is important to seek medical attention if you suspect that you have a serious head injury. Symptoms of a serious head injury can include:
- Severe headache: A headache that is much worse than usual or that does not go away may be a sign of a serious head injury.
- Dizziness or balance problems: Difficulty maintaining balance or feeling dizzy can be a sign of a serious head injury.
- Nausea or vomiting: These symptoms can be a sign of a concussion or other head injury.
- Slurred speech: If you have difficulty speaking or your speech is slurred after a head injury, it could be a sign of a serious injury.
- Memory problems: If you have difficulty remembering things or recalling events that occurred before or after the head injury, it could be a sign of a serious injury.
- Loss of consciousness: If you lose consciousness after a head injury, it could be a sign of a serious injury.
- Changes in behavior: A sudden change in behavior, such as becoming agitated or confused, could be a sign of a serious head injury.
If you experience any of these symptoms after a head injury, it is important to seek medical attention as soon as possible. Even if you do not experience any of these symptoms, it is still a good idea to seek medical attention if you have any concerns about your head injury.
Get Help With Your Head Injury Case Today
A Las Vegas head injury lawyer will ensure that you get the maximum compensation for the suffering and injustice you or your loved ones have suffered from a head injury. Our expert personal injury attorneys here at Heidari Law Group are here to support you through every step of the process. Contact us today to get a free case evaluation for your personal head injury case in California and Nevada.
Heidari Law Group Las Vegas Practice Areas
Personal Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Assault and Battery Attorneys in Las Vegas
- Traumatic Brain Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Slip and Fall Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Spinal Cord Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Dog Bite Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Catastrophic Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Broken Bone Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Nerve Damage Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Head Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Burn Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Sexual Assault Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Child Injury Claims Attorney in Las Vegas
Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Car Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Lyft & Uber Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Taxi Cab Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Rideshare Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Motorcycle Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Trucking Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Airline & Plane Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Metro Bus Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- DUI and Drunk Driving Attorney in Las Vegas
- Slip & Fall Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Dog Bite Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Train Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Helicopter Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Bicycle Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Pedestrian Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Premises Liability Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Elevator Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Construction Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Golf Cart Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
Employment & Labor Law Attorneys in Las Vegas
- Wrongful Termination Attorney in Las Vegas
- Workplace Discrimination Attorney in Las Vegas
- Whistleblower Retaliation Attorney in Las Vegas
- Workplace Harassment Attorney in Las Vegas
- Wages & Hours Dispute Attorney in Las Vegas
- Workers’ Compensation Attorney in Las Vegas
- Age Discrimination Attorney in Las Vegas
- Disability Discrimination Attorney in Las Vegas
- Gender Discrimination Attorney in Las Vegas
- Pregnancy Discrimination Attorney in Las Vegas
Medical Malpractice Attorneys in Las Vegas
Vaccine Injury Compensation Court
- COVID-19 Vaccine Attorney in Las Vegas
- Flu Vaccine Attorney in Las Vegas
- HPV Vaccine Attorney in Las Vegas
Nursing Home Neglect & Elder Abuse
Product Liability Attorney in Las Vegas
Insurance Bad Faith Attorney in Las Vegas
Civil Rights Litigation Attorney in Las Vegas
Negligent Security Attorney in Las Vegas
HIPAA Violations Attorney in Las Vegas
Data Privacy Breach Attorney in Las Vegas