Parking Lot Accident Lawyer in Las Vegas
Injured in a parking lot? Give our Las Vegas accident attorneys a call to discuss how we can help you.
Accidents that occur in parking lots in Las Vegas could get complex and a little bit tricky. That is why having a highly-qualified attorney on your side will help ease the process of filing a lawsuit. An experienced attorney will look into all the circumstances of the accident to better determine who has the right of way.
Parking lot accidents are actually much more common than they seem. There are several different types of businesses on the Las Vegas Strip, from hotels to restaurants. Each one may have its very own parking structure. These parking structures could get filled up very quickly, especially since there are thousands of tourists that visit Las Vegas daily.
How do you determine who is at fault in a parking lot accident?
Parking lot accidents could be difficult when determining which party was at fault. But, there are some factors that attorneys use to determine exactly which party was responsible. This includes:
- The circumstances of the accident
- The damage done to each vehicle
- The right of way each vehicle had
What type of evidence should I gather for my parking lot accident lawsuit in Las Vegas?
Certain types of evidence will help attorneys determine liability. Examples include:
- Photos of the accident scene
- Photos of the property damage
- Video recordings if there are video cameras in the parking lot
- Eyewitness information
Who has the right of way in a parking lot?
In order to determine who has the right of way, the way that each vehicle is traveling should be looked at. For example, if a car runs a stop sign, then they most likely did not have the right of way. Although this may seem pretty clear-cut, there are several factors that go into determining liability, especially if there are multiple drivers involved. To determine exactly who was at fault in your specific parking lot accident, call our Las Vegas lawyers today to schedule a free case evaluation. Our lawyers will review all the circumstances involving your accident to determine what the best way to move forward is.
What are examples of parking lot accidents?
- Two vehicles that back up into each other: this is a very common circumstance for a parking lot accident, and occurs when both cars are in each other’s blind spots. Another reason for this could be because each driver assumes that they have the right of way, and so they collide.
- A vehicle backs up from there parking spot into traffic: when there are other vehicles that block your vision when looking to see if there are oncoming cars, you could negligently back up into another oncoming vehicle. In such a circumstance, the vehicle that is pulling out of the parking spot is most likely at fault. For more information, contact our attorneys today.
- Both vehicles collide when trying to park in the same parking spot: in this type of circumstance, both cars are likely to be at fault.
- A vehicle rear ends another vehicle at a stop sign in a parking lot: many people may not drive at a proper speed in a parking lot to be able to see a stop sign. Many drivers do not also expect a stop sign to be in a parking lot or structure. That is why a rear end collision is very likely to occur.
What causes parking lot accidents in Las Vegas?
- Speeding: when a car is speeding above the speed limit, they most likely will not have enough time to come to a complete stop in the event that another car is backing up.
- Drunk driving: those that are leaving a business, such as a club, under the influence of alcohol are likely to end up in an accident. This accident may not occur on the freeways, and instead could occur right in the parking lot.
- Inexperienced driving: those that may not have experience driving in that parking lot before may not be aware of the turns, and may cause an accident.
- Distracted driving: if the driver was talking or texting while driving in the parking lot, then they most likely will be held responsible for causing the accident. Nevada has a vehicle code in place that prohibits talking on the phone or texting while driving.
What if the parking lot was a private parking lot?
If the parking lot was a private lot, then you also could hold the parking lot owner responsible for the injuries you have suffered If the accident was caused by a design defect or by the parking lot’s improper lighting or improper security.
What if the parking lot was a public parking lot?
If the parking lot was public, then you could file a lawsuit against the government entity if there were any design flaws in the parking lot, or if there was improper lighting or security.
What if I was a pedestrian involved in a parking lot accident?
If you were a pedestrian walking through a parking lot or structure, and were struck by a moving car, then you most likely will not be liable in a lawsuit filed against the driver of the vehicle. A driver of a vehicle has the responsibility of making sure that there are no pedestrians, and they drive at a reasonably safe speed to come to a complete stop.
Accidents Involving a car and pedestrian could also result in life-threatening injuries. For more information, call our legal staff today.
Are there specific traffic laws for parking lots?
In Nevada, all drivers who are driving through a parking lot have to adhere to a specific set of rules. This means that they cannot speed, and cannot recklessly drive through a parking lot. This goes for both private parking lots and public parking lots.
Parking Lot Hit-And-Run Accident
Parking lots are also known to have hit and run accidents take place. Under Nevada law, a driver of a vehicle cannot hit another vehicle or pedestrian and drive away and flee the scene. Hit and run accidents are unfortunately very common. In the event that you have been involved in a hit-and-run accident, you could still hold the party responsible by filing a police report, and you may have to file a claim with your own insurance. If the police do find the hit-and-run driver, then liability will most likely be on them since they fled the scene.
What should I do if I hit another car in a parking lot in Las Vegas?
If you hit another person’s car, and the other person is not present, you should make every reasonable attempt to find the owner. It is recommended that you leave a note with all your personal information such as your full name, phone number, and an address for the owner to later contact you. If you flee the scene, it could be even worse if the police find you. You could face penalties and fines.
Injured in a Las Vegas parking lot? Call us today.
Our lawyers are ready to help you with your parking lot accident claim. Whether you are a pedestrian, or a driver involved in the parking lot accident, you have the right to hold the negligent party responsible for your injuries. You have the right to get compensated for all the damages and injuries you have suffered.
Heidari Law Group Las Vegas Practice Areas
Personal Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Assault and Battery Attorneys in Las Vegas
- Traumatic Brain Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Slip and Fall Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Spinal Cord Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Dog Bite Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Catastrophic Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Broken Bone Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Nerve Damage Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Head Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Burn Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Sexual Assault Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Child Injury Claims Attorney in Las Vegas
Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Car Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Lyft & Uber Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Taxi Cab Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Rideshare Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Motorcycle Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Trucking Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Airline & Plane Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Metro Bus Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- DUI and Drunk Driving Attorney in Las Vegas
- Slip & Fall Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Dog Bite Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Train Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Helicopter Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Bicycle Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Pedestrian Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Premises Liability Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Elevator Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Construction Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Golf Cart Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
Employment & Labor Law Attorneys in Las Vegas
- Wrongful Termination Attorney in Las Vegas
- Workplace Discrimination Attorney in Las Vegas
- Whistleblower Retaliation Attorney in Las Vegas
- Workplace Harassment Attorney in Las Vegas
- Wages & Hours Dispute Attorney in Las Vegas
- Workers’ Compensation Attorney in Las Vegas
- Age Discrimination Attorney in Las Vegas
- Disability Discrimination Attorney in Las Vegas
- Gender Discrimination Attorney in Las Vegas
- Pregnancy Discrimination Attorney in Las Vegas
Medical Malpractice Attorneys in Las Vegas
Vaccine Injury Compensation Court
- COVID-19 Vaccine Attorney in Las Vegas
- Flu Vaccine Attorney in Las Vegas
- HPV Vaccine Attorney in Las Vegas
Nursing Home Neglect & Elder Abuse
Product Liability Attorney in Las Vegas
Insurance Bad Faith Attorney in Las Vegas
Civil Rights Litigation Attorney in Las Vegas
Negligent Security Attorney in Las Vegas
HIPAA Violations Attorney in Las Vegas
Data Privacy Breach Attorney in Las Vegas