Boating Accident Injury Attorneys in Las Vegas
If fun on the water turned dangerous for you or a loved one, contact our attorneys today for a free evaluation of your case.
Ride Share Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Trip and Fall Accident
Ride Share Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Trip and Fall Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Boating Accident Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
Boating is a more common activity than you would think in Las Vegas. Locals and tourists take advantage of Lake Mead and Lake Mohave to do this activity and release work and personal stress. Although it is not so typical for boating accidents to happen, they can occur when a third party does not respect the rules of the objective duty of care, and can cause injuries that can be minor or severe and, therefore, your daily life.
If you or a loved one has been injured while boating and you believe it was due to the negligence of a third party, you may be entitled to compensation for property damage from the responsible insurance company. and intangible in which it has incurred. At Heidari Law Group we have a team of legal professionals who will help you through the entire legal process while you recover from your injuries.
Common Causes of Boating Accident Injuries
Some of the most common causes of boating accidents that generally entitle injury victims to financial recovery include the following:
- Operator error: The person in command of the boat is responsible for the safety of not only those in their own boat, but also those in the water or in other boats. Operators can hit obstacles, endanger other boaters and swimmers, and often fail to properly respect the weather when the operator is inexperienced, which is why they can be held liable if they have acted negligently, inattentively, or inexperienced.
- Inadequate lookout: Usually this cause is operator error, as it is the responsibility of the boat operator to designate other lookouts while operating the boat or to make sure others are safe. Inadequate lookout means having swimmers or skiers in the water and not making sure they are free from any danger of being struck by their own boat or another and drowning. This also includes making sure the ship is equipped with the proper flag equipment and that everyone on board knows how and when to use it.
- Operator under alcohol effects: Operating a boat under the influence of alcohol or other substances is a serious safety violation, but it is also an illegal act that can cause injury or death to others while you are on the water. The operator of the boat must respect and maintain sobriety, but the other passengers must also, since they are the ones who are most at risk of slipping and falling when under the influence. It is imperative to prioritize sobriety, both for you as the operator and for your passengers, to avoid preventable injuries and deaths while enjoying the water this summer.
- Speeding: It doesn’t matter if the transport is in the water, the speed can still kill people. Reaction time is reduced and the ability to navigate safely around obstacles, other boats, swimmers, and changes in the water surface and surroundings are severely affected when accelerating. Failure to comply with the posted limits or the navigation rules is one of the main causes of accidents in the water and can be prevented if the person responsible slows down.
- Mechanical failure: It may be the result of a manufacturer’s defect, operator negligence, or something else, but when a boat experiences mechanical failure the consequences can be dire, resulting in injury or death. The boat can stop suddenly, not turn and hit an obstacle or another boat, sink or even catch fire. Not all mechanical failures are preventable, but some are easily preventable with proper maintenance, manufacturing, and inspection.
Common Injuries in Boating Accidents
In boating accidents people can suffer different types of injuries, from the most minor to the most severe (wrongful death), here are the common injuries in boating accidents:
- Traumatic brain injuries: This is one of the leading causes of death from boating injuries, typically occurring when a person is deprived of oxygen after being underwater for too long or exposure to carbon monoxide. carbon. They can also be generated due to the impact that occurs when a person is thrown against the side of a boat or other vessel after a collision.
- Lacerations: The boats have propellers that facilitate their movement, these are usually sharp by nature and also rotate at high speed, which is why they are dangerous for anyone who comes into contact with them, since they can easily cut them, causing deep lacerations. .
- Burns: Electrical failures or explosions and fires that occur in the engine room can cause burn injuries to ship crew members.
- Whiplash: people can suffer a whiplash if the boat stops or turns suddenly. It’s usually just a mild muscle strain, but in certain cases it can be serious or fatal.
- Spinal Cord Injuries: When two boats collide, the impact can cause spinal compression, thus causing spinal cord injuries.
- Drowning: After a collision, a boat can capsize or people can be thrown from the boat, forcing them to swim to safety. However, even if a person knows how to swim, they can drown due to disorientation caused by the incident, exhaustion, or due to other injuries they may have sustained from the collision.
- Broken bones: Passengers can hit walls or rails when falling or as a result of the impact of a collision with another vessel, which can result in broken bones and ligaments.
- Amputations of extremities: The propellers of a ship are very sharp and normally work at high speeds. If a person accidentally falls near the blades or the driver of the boat is unaware that there are people in the water, the injuries sustained can result in the loss of limbs.
Tips to Prevent Injuries from Boating Accidents
While it is true that any boating activity carries a percentage of risk, there are certain steps that people can take to make their day on the water as safe as possible. Some of the most important include the following:
- Do not consume alcohol while sailing.
- Always wear a life jacket and make sure your passengers do too.
- Get boating safety training and review materials at least once each season.
- Make sure you know the boating laws in your state and abide by them.
- Be aware of the weather forecast before heading out for the day.
- Always sail with boating safety equipment on board, including a fire extinguisher, flares, and boat lights.
- Practice propeller safety.
- Learn what to do in an emergency.
Contact a Boating Accident Injury Attorney at Heidari Law Group
If you are looking for more information about boating accident injuries or would like a free case evaluation, call us today at Heidari Law Group, we have a long history of handling cases of this type in the US. with contingency fees, which means you do not have to pay any of our attorneys up front until your case has been settled or you have won a trial.
The thought of trying to seek compensation after being injured and also disputing liability with an insurance company may seem overwhelming, or even unnecessary, but you deserve to be compensated for the other person’s negligence. Call us for a free consultation with a Las Vegas boating accident injury attorney.
Heidari Law Group Las Vegas Practice Areas
- Las Vegas Personal Injury Lawyers
- Las Vegas Assault and Battery Attorneys
- Las Vegas Slip and Fall Lawyers
- Las Vegas Spinal Cord Injury Attorneys
- Las Vegas Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyers
- Las Vegas Wrongful Death Attorneys
- Las Vegas Dog Bites Lawyers
- Las Vegas DUI & Drunk Driver Crashes Attorneys
- Las Vegas Workers’ Compensation Attorneys
- Las Vegas Persian Attorneys & Iranian Lawyers
- Las Vegas Car Accident Attorneys
- Las Vegas Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
- Las Vegas Bike Accident Attorneys
- Las Vegas Truck Accident Lawyers
- Las Vegas Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
- Las Vegas Bus Accident Lawyers
- Las Vegas Ride Share Accident Attorneys
- Las Vegas Uber & Lyft Accident Lawyers
- Lake Mead Boating Accident Attorneys in Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Accident Attorneys
- Airline and Plane Accidents
- ATV Accident Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Bicycle Accident Attorney
- Bicycle Accident Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Big Rig Accident Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Boating Accident Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Bus Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Car Accident Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Dog Bite Injury Lawyer in Las Vegas
- DUI and Drunk Driving Attorney in Las Vegas
- Freeway Accident Injury Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Helicopter Tour Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Limo and Shuttle Accident Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Loaner and Rental Car Accident Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Lyft and Uber Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Motorcycle Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Multi-Car Accident Attorney In Las Vegas
- Pedestrian Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- RV Accident Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Scooter Accident Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Slip and Fall Attorney in Las Vegas
- Taxi Cab Accident Attorneys
- Train & Monorail Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Transit Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Truck Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Uninsured and Underinsured Motorists Attorney in Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Personal Injury Attorney
- Animal Injury Attorneys in las Vegas
- Assault and Battery Attorneys in Las Vegas
- Broken Bone Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Burn Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Lawyers
- Catastrophic Injury Attorney
- Child Injury Attorneys
- Construction Accident & Injury Lawyers
- Crane Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Dangerous Prescriptions and Drugs Attorney in Las Vegas
- Dog Bite Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Elevator Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Fire & Explosions Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Golf Cart Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Head Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Horseback Riding Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Mass Gathering Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Nerve Damage Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Passenger Injury Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Seat Belt Injury Compensation Lawyers in Las Vegas
- Sexual Assault Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Slip and Fall Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Spinal Cord Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Sports Injury Lawyers In Las Vegas
- Swimming Pool Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Traumatic Brain Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Work-Related Injury Lawyers in Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Employment Law Attorneys
- Age Discrimination Attorneys Las Vegas
- Disability Discrimination Attorney Las Vegas
- Gender and Sex Discrimination Attorneys Las Vegas
- Pregnancy Discrimination Attorney Las Vegas
- Scaffolding Accident Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Wage & Hour Dispute Attorneys Las Vegas
- Whistleblower Retaliation Lawyers in Las Vegas
- Workers’ Compensation Attorney in Las Vegas
- Workplace Discrimination Attorneys Las Vegas
- Workplace Harassment Lawyers Las Vegas
- Workplace Retaliation Lawyer Las Vegas
- Wrongful Termination Attorneys in Las Vegas
- Top Rated Las Vegas Racial Discrimination Lawyers
- Real Estate Lawyers in Las Vegas
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- AirBNB Injury Attorneys in Las Vegas
- Automatic Sliding Door Injury
Attorney in Las Vegas
- Concert and Live Event Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Factory Injury Lawyers in Las Vegas
- Garage Door Accident Injury Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Grocery Store Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
- Gym Accident Injury Attorney in Las Vegas
- Parking Lot Accident Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Restaurant Injury Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Theme Park Ride Injury Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Trampoline Park Injury Lawyer in Las Vegas
- Product Liability Attorney in Las Vegas
- Civil Rights Litigation Attorneys in Las Vegas
- Medical Malpractice Attorney in Las Vegas
- Wrongful Death Attorney in Las Vegas
- Data Privacy Attorneys in Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Negligent Security Lawyer
- Las Vegas Nursing Home Neglect Attorney
- Persian Attorneys & Iranian Lawyers in Las Vegas
Amazing Car Accident Lawyer
“Saman is by far true to his word. He truly was available at all times and always kept me updated. In the end, he settled my case with a great results. He didn’t treat me like a file, he treated me as if he was representing family. If you are looking for open, fast, thorough and a detailed lawyer, look no further. I will definitely recommend him to anyone seeking legal services who wants to feel assured that they are in the best hands.”
“I was injured in a car accident. The lawyer made sure that I went to my chiropractor sessions and that I get the medical attention needed. I also got MRI’s as needed and also got back injections as needed. He was very persistent on contacting me, even when I wasn’t reachable, and making sure that I got treated right and paid a good amount at the end. He is a very respectful person and great lawyer.”
An Extraordinary Experience
“Thank you for your unwavering commitment to my case. Words do not adequately describe my feelings, when no one seemed to care about an old vet with an injury you were there. I can remember as clearly as though it were yesterday, your sincerity and desire to help me. For that, I will always be grateful. Your endless commitment of time, financial resources and a personal concern for my physical well being surpassed anything I could have expected or imagined.”
- A Guide to Dog Bite Laws in California and the US
- Is It Legal To Kill A Dog If It Attacks Me
- Can You Sue a School if Your Child Gets Injured?
- What is a Subpoena?
- What is a Deposition?
- I Was Injured At Work – What Are My Rights
- Can Semi Trucks Drive in the Left Lane?
- Nursing Home Malnutrition and Dehydration
24/7 Free Case Evaluation
Los Angeles Office3530 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 710 Los Angeles, CA 90010 Tel: 213-884-4881
Irvine Office17875 Von Karman Ave. Suite 150 & 250 Irvine, CA 92614 Tel: 949-239-1020
Sacramento Office180 Promenade Cir Ste 300 Sacramento, CA 95834 Tel: 916-461-1818
Bakersfield Office3501 Mall View Rd Suite 105 Bakersfield, CA 93306 Tel: 661-409-0000